• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Paolo Scafora - Official Affiliate Thread

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well not sure how it would work, because I was under the impression you had to be in the same room for a podcast. Saying that, not sure how the timing would work (different time zones) and kids (unpredictable), but I'd chat with you.

Forewarn you, I'm quite the talker so 20 minutes would not nearly be enough 😂.

I feel like people just don't give PS much respect. It is possibly due to the lasts not as svelte as AMs. AM's shoes have also been out in public eye longer (although PS has been making shoes for a long time). Therefore, AM has more exposure. Not to mention, AM takes beautiful pictures of his shoes.

PS has just as good construction as AM. Sources high quality leathers, and always has the best interests of his clients. To me, it's no coincidence AM recommended PS to you. Antonio sees a good product put out by Paolo Scafora.
I find both AM and PS to be very similar. I also wonder why AM gain so much popularity and PS not so much while both a very similar in designs.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I find both AM and PS to be very similar. I also wonder why AM gain so much popularity and PS not so much while both a very similar in designs.
I am very excited to see the shoes arriving this week. I will share plenty of pictures. They are great shoes for sure.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have seen a handful PS at Paul Stuart pre lock down, I would not call PS and AM similar (in aesthetics, all the stuff PS carried were oxford or at least I can remember), when you say similar you mean the value proposition?

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen a handful PS at Paul Stuart pre lock down, I would not call PS and AM similar (in aesthetics, all the stuff PS carried were oxford or at least I can remember), when you say similar you mean the value proposition?
I find lot of simalarity in designs, leather and patination.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean I like what I see from PS, I would buy them if I got size nailed down, don't know why they were not popular when skoat carried the either (though AM were not that popular when any of the retailer carried them, think Sabot/Yeossal/FineShoeHK, all had to drop eventually).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find lot of simalarity in designs, leather and patination.
any particular last come to mind? maybe soft square?

On patina I probably needs to pay more attention, though the ones Paul Stuart carried were all very uniform (and I'm not big on AM's big patina either, or the italian all go crazy marbling patina in general, so probably didn't pay enough attention)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have a Paolo Scafora thread, but it never really kicked off, I would say AM thread was pretty quiet until I start to see some GMTO from @ThunderMarch, then with Yeossal became affiliate and did a few GMTO as well it kind got a bit more traction.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say PS's most iconic symbol is their Norwegian welts, which you don't see a lot on AM. I am also curious to understand why you think AM and PS are alike, to me, they are totally different.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ah monk..., never knew PS is known for Norwegian, I have only see their dressy stuff which is all quite sleek (oxford/whole cut/tassel)

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah monk..., never knew PS is known for Norwegian, I have only see their dressy stuff which is all quite sleek (oxford/whole cut/tassel)
Browse their website and you will find they have more model (say in percentage) that comes with Norwegian, I personal rank below models as their iconic.
1593469580958.png

1593469650110.png

1593469680693.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.