• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Noble Shoe - Carlos Santos, Maftei Vienna, Crockett & Jones, Paolo Scafora - Official Affiliate Thread

LThomsen

Reaction score
They do have another model with a traditional elastic but I like this one more. The boot was fine and quite normal to be fair
Kostas,
I read your recent post about the 10 best men's dress shoe brands 2020. Both PS and StC were included. In terms of level of quality materials used (uppers, soles, etc), are both makers equal?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kostas,
I read your recent post about the 10 best men's dress shoe brands 2020. Both PS and StC were included. In terms of level of quality materials used (uppers, soles, etc), are both makers equal?
I am not a huge fan of Stc because of the alleged stiffness and thinner leather (it’s still top quality), but I have rarely seen such a well built shoe as the scafora. Scafora is also more my style so I would pick that any time. I don’t know if they are equal, but I feel PS has nothing to be jealous of StC :)

But still they are remarkable shoes and that’s why I included them!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would focus on the aesthetics, understanding want to get "value" and "best bang for the buck", but I would say priority is

1. fit
2. aesthetics (to you personally)
3. quality

and on that note I would say StC and PS look very different to start with

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would focus on the aesthetics, understanding want to get "value" and "best bang for the buck", but I would say priority is

1. fit
3. quality

Agree.

There are so so so many shoe brands on the world and i doubt if anyone has personal experience in 20% of them, if not 10%.

Fit and aesthetics are very personal, I am not sure how to compare shoes with different fitting (say narrow vs. generous, high instep vs. low instep) and different style (British vs Italian).

Also the fit will impact the "quality", especially on the lower end, if a shoe doesn't fit you, it's likely it's easier to worn out. And without certain amount of wearing how do you assess the quality and longevity of shoes? so IDK.. I recalled last time I read Hugo's top xxx list was... quite fun:)

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

soto_nw

Reaction score
In completely off topic, i just snatched an Nvidia RTX 3080 FE. It was an onslaught online. I can't even guess what you guys go through on Black Friday...
Sorry, I know there's some good shoe talk here, but I'm trying to get over the fact that Kostas was able to attain and RTX 3080 FE, which is only slightly easier than pre-ordering a PlayStation 5.

Congrats, was that purchase for production, or gaming?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, I know there's some good shoe talk here, but I'm trying to get over the fact that Kostas was able to attain and RTX 3080 FE, which is only slightly easier than pre-ordering a PlayStation 5.

Both! Video editing and 4K gaming 🤗 it was an onslaught to get one!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. fit
3. quality

👆🏻 What he said.

soto_nw

Reaction score
Both! Video editing and 4K gaming 🤗 it was an onslaught to get one!
Have fun! I'm stuck here like a plebeian with a gtx 1080, though for PC games I have, like Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider it works for 4k. Would still love an RTX 3080 for 60 fps 4k. Meh, I mostly use a console anyway (PS4 Pro), so I'm sure a PS5 will hold me over until I can upgrade to an RTX 3080 (and buy a new power supply). CONGRATS regardless.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have fun! I'm stuck here like a plebeian with a gtx 1080, though for PC games I have, like Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider it works for 4k. Would still love an RTX 3080 for 60 fps 4k. Meh, I mostly use a console anyway (PS4 Pro), so I'm sure a PS5 will hold me over until I can upgrade to an RTX 3080 (and buy a new power supply). CONGRATS regardless.
Hehe thanks. I am using a 1660 super so this is a big upgrade!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are there still a lot people use GPU for mining? Never realize this kind of stuff is in scarcity these days

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's