• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Newsroom (HBO)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol minor detail but you cant walk down the street and FaceTime

unless she jail-broke her phone but her character is an idiot so def not something she would do

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol minor detail but you cant walk down the street and FaceTime
unless she jail-broke her phone but her character is an idiot so def not something she would do

Didn't you see the Wifi in the air?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That thing about "You have to break up with her because she said she loves you and you don't happen to right now" was just :facepalm: And the dumbass just goes right along with it, like it's self evident that if you don't love someone the exact instant they same those words to you that you should just break up.

Emblematic of most of the relationship stuff. They're all so ******* juvenile. Supposedly elite professionals with the human interaction skills of high schoolers.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is True Blood 2.0. I can just feel it. I'm never going to like the show, but I'm going to keep watching for a reason I won't be able to explain to another human being.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the show. But I am skeptic as to what is coming once we meet the present time. Is he going to make up news?

If so.. that's when things will get interesting

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is True Blood 2.0. I can just feel it. I'm never going to like the show, but I'm going to keep watching for a reason I won't be able to explain to another human being.

True Blood without the occasional gratuitous nudity and/or violence!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daniel's reaction/laugh when he realized the email from Biden was 20 minutes old was well done - reminded me of dumb and dumber for a moment.

JoeTurner

Reaction score
I have caught up with the last couple of episodes: a lot of cringe worthy moments and reuses of common Sorkin topics and tricks. The psychologist bit was already used in Sports Night (with Josh Charles' character) and The West Wing (Josh Lyman and the president) where we learn about the character's difficult relationship with their father. I would guess Sorkin has some unresolved daddy issues. The death threats and body guard/protectee relationship was used with CJ Cregg in the WW (although with a romantic aspect to it). Drugs are also always all over the place in his work.
Maggie is a terribly poorly written character, all her scenes should be deleted, they are just embarrassing. The final bit of the Bin Laden episode is incredibly cheesy, in particular in the plane when Don announces Bin Laden's death to the pilot. Plain ridiculous. By now I don't know why I keep watching, every week is a disappointment.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe we enjoy cringing and being disappointed? I've disliked elements of the show since the first episode yeah I've watched almost all of them. Never had the balls to fast forward through marsupialed sections and just reveled in cringing. Ocassionally, did smile sheepishly when some cheesy scenes tugged at me :embar:

runner-guy

Reaction score
The last episode had some fairly entertaining parts and some really stupid parts. If it wasn't for Jeff Daniels, this show would've never gotten off the ground. He carries the show. I hate the cheesy way Sorkin draws out little situations, like when the producer guy was stuck on the plane. Yeah I get it, you are really angry and need to get off the plane. That scene could have been about 20 minutes shorter with out all of the pointless dialogue. The writing and characters in Boardwalk Empire makes this show look like iCarly.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This episode sucked.

They managed to work in a hilariously transparent rant against the debt ceiling fight though!

It feels like the whole "Sloan is awesome at economics and Mac is a complete dumbass" was set up exclusively so that Sloan could give lectures explaining politicized economic issues at about a 6th grade level.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish all smart women were as shallow (an hot) as Sloan.

Brian SD

Reaction score
So is this show actually worth following?

I missed out on Mad Men when it was new because I thought it was going to be an anachronistic Entourage set in the 60s, but was sorely mistaken and am now playing catch up.

I didn't particularly like the pilot episode, but has it gotten better since then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads