1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The new Varvatos cons

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Aug 13, 2006.

1. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

The store on Haight that has em is called Villains. In case you cared[​IMG]

2. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

The store on Haight that has em is called Villains. In case you cared[​IMG]

Sorry, I don't know where Haight is.

3. mr_economy

mr_economy Senior member

Sorry, I don't know where Haight is.

Haight = Haight St., as in the famed Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco.

4. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

doh, sorry about that

5. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

This is the closest I've seen
    [​IMG]

6. jet

jet Senior member

Saks and neimans online have them, not hard to find guys.

7. drake

drake Senior member

I just bought a pair of the Jack Purcell/Varvatos ones and they are really nice, these on the other hand just look bizarre.

Anyone know how long this partnership is going to last?

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Maybe too much really is too much.

9. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

BTW, Rye GB, how about posting some pieces from your lookbook or buyers catalogue for us to see? Looked at your splash page - looks like your style based on your posts alone. What is that? Some sort of treated cotton or maybe leather jacket and a red/black scarf?[/quote]

It's Saturday night here in LA and I'm still putting the finishing touches on my Spring line, sometimes it's too f****n hard!.

If I had a look book I would post some pics, but aside from the clothes themselves we are pretty far off getting any promo material together right now. I'll post some pics of the line in Vegas when I return.

The jacket is a wax coated exterior and a stone washed interior. The scarves are wool/lurex blend.

American Rag just picked up the line which is great news, alot of pressure also, but no pain no gain!.

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

Saw the Varvatos (the first ones posted in this thread) last night for $70 at Neo 39 in Pasadena. To be honest, they looked a lot better in person.

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I saw them in San Francisco at Gimme Shoes in Hayes Valley. Next to them were a pair of Jacks made of some scaly leather, maybe snake skin, in dark brown or black and the other green. Don't remember what the tip color was, but they may be what wttm was referring to earlier in the thread. I thought that they looked much better than the elastic cons.