The New Tony Biddle List for the 21st Century

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Oct 13, 2009.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

How does the Masterpiece Collectible Optimus Prime fit in with the couch, Wii Fit and absence of foyer?

My Masterpiece Primes are back at my parents' house in Maryland. [​IMG]

I have one on my desk, one sealed in the box.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Have you and Holdfast bonded over this?

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

RJ, are you familiar with the Masterpiece collectible toys that Takara/Hasbro have put out over the past few years? They are meant to be the ultimate versions of the original characters, using die-cast metal parts and hyper-realistic robot and vehicle modes that are deadly faithful to the animated versions. At retail each cost around $150. They started with Prime, and followed with Ultra Magnus, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Grimlock.

You need this:
    Even comes with his coronation gear:

[​IMG]

Make sure you get the Japanese version (under the Takara label, not Hasbro). The American versions are cheesified and come in tacky packaging.

I think they're now up to $240... I think I better pass.

Reminds me I used to want the Hieronymus Bosch action figures, wonder if those are still made.

4. mafoofan

Dude, it's less than a pair of your fancy cufflinks and it recaptures your childhood and it transforms into a jet!

5. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I still have the Optimus prime van hidden somewhere. Can't find Starscream but I had him, Megatron and the casette player.

I had one of the other Decepticon jets, either Thundercracker or Skywarp, can't remember. My favorite Transformer toys were some Dinobots: Grimlock and Swoop.

I remember GoBots was also on TV at around the same time. GoBots sucked.

I'm slightly younger than you and so is RJ.

RJ is younger than me?!?!?

6. RJman

Dude, it's less than a pair of your fancy cufflinks and it recaptures your childhood and it transforms into a jet!

Talk to my wife.

7. mafoofan

Talk to my wife.

Okay, but you have to talk to mine. The bastards released Optimus Prime's trailer as a seperate product years after the figure came out. I need it.

8. RJman

Okay, but you have to talk to mine. The bastards released Optimus Prime's trailer as a seperate product years after the figure came out. I need it.

Deal. My wife already rolls her eyes at my Swamp Thing comics.

9. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

RJ, are you familiar with the Masterpiece collectible toys that Takara/Hasbro have put out over the past few years? They are meant to be the ultimate versions of the original characters, using die-cast metal parts and hyper-realistic robot and vehicle modes that are deadly faithful to the animated versions. At retail each cost around $150. They started with Prime, and followed with Ultra Magnus, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Grimlock.

You need this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even comes with his coronation gear:

[​IMG]

Make sure you get the Japanese version (under the Takara label, not Hasbro). The American versions are cheesified and come in tacky packaging.

Reminds me I used to want the Hieronymus Bosch action figures, wonder if those are still made.

You kids should check out Hobby Link Japan: www.hlj.com for all your japanimation needs. Gundam rulez.

10. RJman

You kids should check out Hobby Link Japan: www.hlj.com for all your japanimation needs. Gundam rulez.

Thanks dad.

11. mafoofan

Gundam is for nerds.

12. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Haven't posted in MC for a while, but I do love lists. Here is the list I am working towards after spending a little over a year at SF. For the most part it's dress casual, because at 25 it's all I need. This is not a manual I keep with me when I go shopping, this is just something I made because I was bored. I pick things up as needed and probably won't stick to this 100%. Suits (3) Medium Grey Flannel Navy Medium Weight Wool Tan Cotton Jackets (4) Navy Blazer Grey Tweed Blue Patterned Brown Patterned Shirts (12) Medium Spread Collar (White, Blue, Pink) OCBD (White, Blue, Pink, Yellow) 3 Tattersall/Checked 3 Striped Pants (11) Cotton (Tan, Navy, Olive, Brown) Corduroy (Tan, Navy, Olive, Brown) Wool (Charcoal, Medium, and Light Grey) Sweaters (7) V-Neck (Deep Red, Navy, Camel) Vest (Grey, Navy) Cardigan (Deep Red, Grey) Shoes (5) Black Captoe Brown Captoe Brown Longwing Brown Captoe Boots Burgundy Loafers Ties (8) 4 Repp Ties 2 Solid (Navy, Maroon) 2 Dotted(Navy/White, ...) Accessories Brown Belt Black Belt Cotton Belt 2 Cotton Pocket Squares 3 Silk Pocket Squares Watch (2) Stainless Steel Beater Leather Dress Coats(2) Black Overcoat Navy or Grey Pea Coat Hat Grey Tweed Flatcap

13. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Biddle "made do" with eight or nine lounge suits because he didn't wear them daily. He wore semi-formal day wear or military uniforms the majority of the time.

The medium wardrobe has, depending on the climate, forty or more items of tailored clothing. The well-dressed daily suit wearer probably has at least 30 suits (perhaps four of them strictly for weekends and so potentially replaced by odd jackets), half a dozen odd jackets, three or four overcoats and several sets of evening clothes.

And that is why Frazier's piece also said that to be well dressed a man needs to have either money or credit in addition to taste.

14. mafoofan

Biddle "made do" with eight or nine lounge suits because he didn't wear them daily. He wore semi-formal day wear or military uniforms the majority of the time.

The medium wardrobe has, depending on the climate, forty or more items of tailored clothing. The well-dressed daily suit wearer probably has at least 30 suits (perhaps four of them strictly for weekends and so potentially replaced by odd jackets), half a dozen odd jackets, three or four overcoats and several sets of evening clothes.

And that is why Frazier's piece also said that to be well dressed a man needs to have either money or credit in addition to taste.

Yes, but do you prefer Megatron or Galvatron?

15. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Thanks dad.

Please indulge responsably.

Gundam is for nerds.

Perhaps, but it is credited as being one of the first animated series, if not the first, to depict robots as purely military machines. The plot of the 1st few series is also more realistic and complex than other kiddie robot shows in that good/evil are not as easily defined as good guy/bad guy. The ongoing wars between the Earth Federation and the Space Colonies provide frequent changes in heroes and villains.