• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uninkco

Reaction score
My entry: Custom WvG Super 130s. Got married in it and Mauro was on point with the entire process. Great experience overall and very happy with the purchase.

ajg esp

Reaction score
Picnic shirt looks incredible - is that for an upcoming newsletter? Or one that was already sent out?

The tropical olive one? That was from a past newsletter - same design but the background was actually navy. "Picnic" is just the WvG name for short sleeve.

Mauro, just curious, why does it seem to happen every now and then that the newsletter preorder sample has the same pattern but on a different color from the final shirt? I preordered this one and prefer the olive, so I'm happy about it. Just wanted to know how that happens.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My entry: Custom WvG Super 130s. Got married in it and Mauro was on point with the entire process. Great experience overall and very happy with the purchase.

YOU ROCK!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The tropical olive one?  That was from a past newsletter - same design but the background was actually navy.  "Picnic" is just the WvG name for short sleeve.

Mauro, just curious, why does it seem to happen every now and then that the newsletter preorder sample has the same pattern but on a different color from the final shirt?  I preordered this one and prefer the olive, so I'm happy about it.  Just wanted to know how that happens.

The olive shirt is a not chambray.

The reason the color changes sometimes is because the mill screws up my order and sends me the wrong fabric or in this case I have a couple color options coupled with the mill sending me the wrong color. I leave for Mexico in a few days. The worst possible week to leave. I have a **** load of new tropical and Japanese prints dropping this coming week along with the solid basics.

Sometimes either my interns or myself make mistakes. Like the AD NAVY FLORAL and Khaki floral only coming out in short sleeve. That was a mistake on the intern. In the end to me it's no big deal because I know I will hook you or who ever with something you will probably like even more. In this case it's the olive. However I would wait for navy. I have a couple different navy prints and you will love them.

A newsletter will drop tomorrow with some good info and the oxford colors will be released. The pictures didn't come out as nice as the actual fabrics. Ocean air and Milano Red are the hot picks for me followed by my version of Robin's egg blue.

I have more shirts being delivered today so I will post them on the social media sites. I am getting ready to post a really fun shirt now.
While I am gone WvGbot will answer all the questions he/she/it can. I appreciate the support.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Japanese good luck shirt

WvGBot

Reaction score
For the contest (Forgot to post these from a wedding back in December)

This is the charcoal sharkskin suit. Originally I wanted to go through Mauro's MTM route, but due to time constraints and logistics, I purchased one of his RTW suits. I'm not even mad, this suit is off the hook!
I will definitely purchase another suit when I get more $$
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great pictures of some Wolf vs. Goat suits! Our tailored clothing is exceptionally well made, and our made-to-measure program is pretty much unbeatable for the price, especially if you live in DC. I know as a brand most people know us for our great shirting, but more people should give the tailoring a try - its where the high-end construction really shines.

Also, as Mauro said, happy to answer questions until he gets back.

cinnabar

Reaction score
That good luck shirt looks awesome.

Hey WvG Bot - what sort of options are available for MTM suits if not in the DC area or anywhere close? Can you send a RTW sample suit and base changes off of that fit(a la Kent Wang) or have a customer ship you a suit to take measurements from?

WvGBot

Reaction score
That good luck shirt looks awesome.

Hey WvG Bot - what sort of options are available for MTM suits if not in the DC area or anywhere close? Can you send a RTW sample suit and base changes off of that fit(a la Kent Wang) or have a customer ship you a suit to take measurements from?

For suiting, unfortunately we only generally only do local MTM at this time. It's hard to do MTM suiting without in-person fittings, and we want to produce a quality product. Feel free to shoot us an email though, and maybe we could work something out.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YOU ROCK!

I agree; these suit photos are incredible. If any indication, @Mauro, as soon as I graduate I'm contacting you for MTM.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't even remember when the olive tropical went out. Was it the same newsletter as the other tropical prints?

effang

Reaction score

For the Contest:

aNxv4cd.jpg

8nLTi7j.jpg

Figured I would join in for a change. White dots AD flannel shirt. Favorite WvG shirt thus far.

nice. shirt looks really good and less contrasty/pajama then i would expect. post some more pics of it please!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

clean0

Reaction score
Hey Mauro, did the newsletter drop yet? Wondering if I am getting it or not (new rewards member)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads