• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pop over be nice, especially in the pineapple chambray

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've never understood the appeal of pop-overs.

Neither have I. Hopefully, I can bridge the gap. It's not going to be easy. You want the shirt loose with not tunic like. I am afraid people are going to expect some fitted shirt and the just not going to work.

JasonYeckel

Reaction score
LOL when ever i showed people a popover they told me i would look like a Mennonite.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's mine.

• I'm typically a medium BD, but bought AD this time. For me, the flannel definitely needs something more substantial underneath; the fit with just a t-shirt doesn't work. The attached pic is layered on top of a henley.
  • Love the color and construction. It's a great pattern and fabric.
  • Horn buttons are a great touch; it's the details like that keep me buying WvG.
  • That said, still unsure the AD fit is right for me - where I live it doesn't get that cold, so not sure how much use I'll wear the shirt if I have to layer a henley or crew neck underneath. Not sure if I'll keep or try to have a tailor add darts.
  • For those more versed in fit, should I be buying monkey arms? If you notice where this shirt hits, it look like it's right below my wrist - feels slightly short.

Wonder if most of you guys size down or take the same fit in the BD and AD? I only got one BD (Size small) oxford and it fits like a charm, reminds me of BoO but longer so I can tuck it in. I ordered the khakie floral in BD and the chambray bicycyle in AD size small, decided to give it a go. Wondering if the AD will still be slim? I wanted something a little more relaxed (say something like Gitman Brother Vintate) for the chambray.

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
I do a Medium BD and a Small AD. The chest measurement is the same, just a difference in the armholes and darts really, and I like the fit of both. The AD is usually roomy at first but slims down a bit after some washes, it's still slim but not nearly as tapered.... and the fit is close to a jcrew small.

Last edited:

joshg8

Reaction score
Medium B/D works for me, Small A/D does not, it's too small. I have a snowflake jacquard flannel in Small A/D I'm sending back to Mauro today because the fit doesn't work for me. Someone should take it off his hands.

I would totally be down for a plain colored linen/linen-cotton A/D popover. 100%.

spr1nkles

Reaction score
When are the new bloodline chinos dropping? I thought Mauro said it was going to be this week sometime but I'm not sure.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do a Medium BD and a Small AD. The chest measurement is the same, just a difference in the armholes and darts really, and I like the fit of both. The AD is usually roomy at first but slims down a bit after some washes, it's still slim but not nearly as tapered.... and the fit is close to a jcrew small.

Thanks good to know.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 2.0 sweat knickers were delivered to me last night. Everyone who has worn out their other knickers now is the time to grab a pair.

You can easily wear the same size AD and BD it's about what you are comfortable in and what looks good on you. I have several customers who look great in the AD but refuse to buy it because they only wear fitted items. To each their own.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A new blog post has been added today. It's a quick read on Jacquards if anyone is interested. I am really focusing on adding more quality content on the blog so even if you don't like WvG there is still something on the site for you.
http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog

mookiej

Reaction score

The 2.0 sweat knickers were delivered to me last night. Everyone who has worn out their other knickers now is the time to grab a pair.

looking forward to this! when will these be available? don't want to miss out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads