• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonYeckel

Reaction score

Waiting for mail lady to finish walking up streets drive back by with my package! DEAMN love the monkey arm that for now on!

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's mine.

• I'm typically a medium BD, but bought AD this time. For me, the flannel definitely needs something more substantial underneath; the fit with just a t-shirt doesn't work. The attached pic is layered on top of a henley.
  • Love the color and construction. It's a great pattern and fabric.
  • Horn buttons are a great touch; it's the details like that keep me buying WvG.
  • That said, still unsure the AD fit is right for me - where I live it doesn't get that cold, so not sure how much use I'll wear the shirt if I have to layer a henley or crew neck underneath. Not sure if I'll keep or try to have a tailor add darts.
  • For those more versed in fit, should I be buying monkey arms? If you notice where this shirt hits, it look like it's right below my wrist - feels slightly short.

Last edited:

kwanon

Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to figure out which WvG fit would work best for me. My nearest comparison is an Epaulet S that seem to fit pretty well.

Measurements on this are 19" chest, 17.5" shoulder, 25.5" sleeve, 29.5" body length.
The closest thing I see in WvG is XS-BD. That's got the same chest and sleeve, but with much smaller shoulder (1") and body length (2.75").
Then there's the WvG S-BD. Now the shoulder is slightly too big (0.5"), as is the chest (1"). The sleeves are 1" longer but that's probably for the best. But the body is still way short.

Can anyone else with some Epaulet shirts chime in? The fit seems kind of weird to me based on measurements alone so I kind of feel like I'm missing something. Does anyone wear these tucked in at all? It seems impossible. The shirt above is already barely long enough for me. I know there's a monkey arms option that makes the body longer but that adds an incredible 2" to the sleeves which is way too much for me.

Heard great things about the brand and I would love to get my hands on some of the awesome fabrics WvG produces. Thanks!

jmaudi0

Reaction score
has the BD sizing ever been tweaked? i would love an extra inch (even half-inch) in the body length......

i wear a WvG small BD and small EP.

EP is slightly tighter in the chest (prefer WvG chest) but the length is better. oh well. both are great companies. not a deal breaker either way, but i would love WvG even more if the shirt was a bit longer.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is "the monkey arm"? I've seen references but I haven't figured that out yet...
has the BD sizing ever been tweaked? i would love an extra inch (even half-inch) in the body length......

EP is slightly tighter in the chest (prefer WvG chest) but the length is better.  oh well.  both are great companies.  not a deal breaker either way, but i would love WvG even more if the shirt was a bit longer.

Here's mine.

• I'm typically a medium BD, but bought AD this time. For me, the flannel definitely needs something more substantial underneath; the fit with just a t-shirt doesn't work. The attached pic is layered on top of a henley.
  • Love the color and construction. It's a great pattern and fabric.
  • Horn buttons are a great touch; it's the details like that keep me buying WvG.
  • That said, still unsure the AD fit is right for me - where I live it doesn't get that cold, so not sure how much use I'll wear the shirt if I have to layer a henley or crew neck underneath. Not sure if I'll keep or try to have a tailor add darts.
  • For those more versed in fit, should I be buying monkey arms? If you notice where this shirt hits, it look like it's right below my wrist - feels slightly short.

That's where the shirt should hit you.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is "the monkey arm"? I've seen references but I haven't figured that out yet...

It's the term we use for people with arms longer than normal. The monkey arm shirt gives 2 inches in arm length and one inch in the body. If you want an extra inch for a total of 2 inches in the boy you may get that too.

EP is slightly tighter in the chest (prefer WvG chest) but the length is better.  oh well.  both are great companies.  not a deal breaker either way, but i would love WvG even more if the shirt was a bit longer.

Net time you order request an extra inch in length in the order comments. It's that simple.

CPaul

Reaction score
We can ask for an extra inch in the body? Thought that would be an MTM thing. Stoked!

anrobit

Reaction score
It's the term we use for people with arms longer than normal. The monkey arm shirt gives 2 inches in arm length and one inch in the body. If you want an extra inch for a total of 2 inches in the boy you may get that too.
Net time you order request an extra inch in length in the order comments. It's that simple.
Great, I may ask for the same thing.

Would it also be possible to ask for a locker loop and a back-collar button? It's not a major thing, but I love them as small touches

JasonYeckel

Reaction score

Would it also be possible to ask for a locker loop and a back-collar button? It's not a major thing, but I love them as small touches
have to say o would have snagged the back button on some maybe a loop

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am probably not going to do that for my basic shirts but what I could do is have a capsule with a throw back or homage to the classics. The locker loop on the outside of the shirt bothers me, personally but if you and a handful of other people want it I will make it happen this summer.

Adding an extra inch to body length even on Monkey arms is not a big deal.

Right now people ( probably the same people) are asking for -

Popovers

Button fly shorts and chinos

Hidden placket shirts

Polo shirts

ALL of these things are doable.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I dreamed it, but did the AD/BD shirts get an extra inch added to the sleeves for the standard stock sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads