1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Henleys look awesome, will be picking up a few.

Mauro any plans to bring some unsanforized/loomstate denim? Like PBJ or The Flat Head. I don't care about selvedge but I can't go back to regular sanforized stuff.

2. stafa

stafa Senior member

Pricing on the henley?

3. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

what is henley fit like this year? last year they were a little too loose for my liking. the year before they were super fitted which i was ok with but a nice middle ground would be even better.

4. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

This is the same fabric from last year, right? I'm wearing my olive henley right now, the texture on this fabric never gets old for me. Definitely getting the charcoal and mocha. Probably indigo, too.

5. cashewvine

cashewvine Active Member

Any updates on the shirts preorders?

6. puddin

puddin Senior member

@notwithit what size do you typically wear in jeans? fit looks great.

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yup in for indigo henley

ughhhh i cant enter a denim contest ... no time to rock denimzzz lol

8. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

$120.00 retail.
    I personally enjoy this new batch the best. I am not sure if you will but I think it's the most flattering on me. I am 5'11 180lbs and wear a medium.

I am getting an invoice today so sometimes next week everything will arrive. I will go into more detail about the pre-order in the next newsletter.

Gettin all growns up.

9. Mauro

[​IMG]
    Selfie.
    [​IMG]
    Back shot . Jeans size 35, light grey beanie, red wingtips and indigo henely

[​IMG]
    Full look with hot model pose
    [​IMG]
    Close up of jeans and henely

For reference. I have a 30 inseam. I have short legs :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Thanks. I'm usually a 30 in brands that aren't considered vanity-sized (even though they are, in reality. vanity-sized, that is). I can rattle through my sizes in various brands if you like.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  11. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Can anyone compare the fit of the WvG jeans to Epaulet? I'm a 29 in Ep and I would love to pick up a pair from Mauro as well. The WvG thigh measurement in my size is a full inch larger though so I'm a bit worried about that.

Only pants I have from WvG are these chinos in 29. The fit is as slim as I can wear throughout the leg and borderline too tight in the top block. A 30 would have been a better fit.

12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Ok, so if we're doing a denim contest, what do we want to set as the minimum number of participants? It's gonna be kinda lame if there are just five of us posting fits, and even 10 seems a little thin. 20? 25?

Here's what I'm thinking for the contest: Whenever the jeans go live to the public, we start up the contest thread. Anyone who posts a fit pic wearing the jeans during the month of March is entered in the contest. Participants need to post at least one fit pic a month in the contest thread. Detail pics showing evolution / wear and tear are appreciated but not mandatory. Contest runs through the end of March 2016, at which point contestants submit a final fit pic along with any detail pics. At that point, we start a polling thread showing everyone's final fit pics and open up voting to the forum for a week. Person with the most votes is forever enshrined in fame and glory. In case of a tie, participants will be required to battle to the death.

Thoughts, criticisms, suggested revisions?

1 person likes this.
  13. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Sounds like a good plan to me.

14. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Oh man this contest would be perfect as a group of coworkers plan to do exactly this. About 30 people signed up.

I bought a pair of Kapitals to enter the contest but I'm tempted to switch to WvG to kill two birds with one stone... Too bad I'm not a rewards member.

Good luck fellas, I'll be watching to see fading progress.

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I think Mauro said there'll be a code for non-rewards members so you can still get a pretty sweet deal on them.

Or you could just pony up for the rewards membership. :devil:

16. Mauro

Sounds good. Let's sweeten the pot some more. Since the it's a year long test let have a 6 month prize. $100 to 1st , $50 for second, and $25.00 for third ALL in WvG gift cards.

I will have a very nice sale code for non-rewards members next week when the jeans go live. It will be well worth the price at least my opinion. I don't know if "notwithit" has looked over his jeans but there is fantastic construction and bells and whistles.

17. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Let me know when that happens Mauro, I'd love to rep some WvG for the contest and bring the brand to light to a lot of style aficionados here in the company.

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

ooo i am really tempted to just get on teh contest :(

maybe use the jeans as pj's lol

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Couple things have jumped out at me:

- I always loves me some hidden rivets.
    - Multicolored stitching on the buttonholes is pretty great.
    - Probably my favorite - the buttons on the fly are offset toward the right side, so you don't end up exposing the part of the fly that's supposed to stay covered stays covered instead of exposing the stitching (which makes it look like your jeans are too tight and / or your fly is undone).

:laugh: You probably could, especially if you're use to rigid RRL denim; these are way, way softer.

20. Mauro

Now check out the buttons inside the fly. Those are reinforced. The belt loops and back pockets have a extra roll of fabric which when washed gives the a 3-D look which helps the fades.
    The bar tacking is tonal but it's really nice. Just a couple things to look for.

I am launching the jeans next week. Size charts will be up and accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.