1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Why don't you call the Italian predator something else to avoid confusion that will undoubtedly come with having 2 "predators"?

2. aibnsamin

aibnsamin Well-Known Member

@Mauro just wanted to add the indigo chinos to my cart for when I eventually get them. If they're made public, that'll work for me too!

1 person likes this.
  3. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

We are one step in head of your the Italian predator is called the "Enzo".

2 people like this.
  4. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Out of curiosity Mauro, do you plan on releasing anything in the Justin fit? Or have you retired it in favor of Paul and Predator?

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

I think there has been a lot of confusion about bodies and fits. I had a really long talk today with my production manager in Italy.
    We are making a series of changes so that you the customer have an easier time understanding the brand.
    There will be three fits in trousers-

Enzo- the slimmest

Predator- slim

Paul - Regular

In the past we had names for the same bodies with different features. Like the Paul and Justin. Those two styles were the same. As was Predator and Riviera. Now we will have three fits. All the size charts will be in CM not inches. This way there won't be confusion with the patterns, production, and you.

For shirts we are simplifying the bodies to slim and regular. We will do away with Before Dinner and After Dinner. Going forward it will be simple. Right off the bat you will see "slim" and know it's slim. If a new customer comes to the site Before Dinner , After Dinner , and monkey arms just confuse people.
    I know some people won't like it but over all it will make the shopping experience better for everyone.

Blazer , suits, knits, etc..... will all be given names with proper copy. I think everyone will enjoy the new website and product and if for some odd reason something doesn't catch a person eye the copy will be direct , thorough , and simple so that you don't have to be an "insider" or have to follow the blog or this thread to understand what's going on.

The copy will be short and sweet. The details in the clothing and the superior fabrics , fit, and construction will speak for themselves.

I hope this helps. You will see a few items trickle in this month and next and then there will be an explosion of luxury products for Summer and ( knock on wood) for the first time ever Fall'16 will be on time and items will be ready in July and August.

Rewards members exclusive will produced every month as long as we can meet the minimums. Usually is 25 pieces for shirts. I don't think that's to much considering there is 1,000 rewards members.

The rewards membership is still open. Now is a good time to join. Lot's of very nice items dropping including office and dress wear.
    Once everything is completed I will reach out to the MC side and actually do formal marketing on SF as well as some other nice menswear blogs. That should start happening once the shoe pics are ready.

I hope this helps and clarifies things.

Best,

Mauro

9 people like this.
  6. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

been a rewards member for a few years now and never had trouble following your sizing or naming conventions (but I also follow this thread pretty closely).

with that being said, streamlining the product names and making the website clear is a HUUUUUGE step in the right direction. looking forward to the changes!

1 person likes this.
  7. rayrayray

rayrayray Well-Known Member

@Mauro Hey Mauro, this has probably already been stated before but when will the oxfords be ready for shipment? I realize that you have alot on your plate and your products are amazing. I'd rather have the wolfVSgoat quality than anything lesser.

8. Nik Telford

I've been a member for almost a year now but I completely agree. Glad to see Mauro streamlining his fits down to a standard sizing convention.

9. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Glad we'll have stuff for big thighs. Next, some underwear with 8" inseams and big thighs. I like the fit of the AD stuff, but I can see why you're going with different names for mainstream, although I didn't like the uniqueness of the descriptions.

10. Nik Telford

Can someone with the new chinos let me know if it is possible to let the legs out at all? Just noticed this was possible on my bloodline chinos. Wondering if it is the case with the Enzo chinos as well.

11. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Weren't there plans to have a third shirt fit or was it scrapped? I think it was supposed to be like an After Dinner but with darts.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

nice makes sense ... people are always confused

like i said, you overestimate your consumer lol

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Not everyone is a smart Asian.

2 people like this.
  14. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior member

Website navigation question - when I go to the site (on desktop) I choose to Filter by Size (Medium) and Body Style (Before-Dinner).

Ideally, it'd be great if the Filter results showed Medium / Before-Dinner shirts that were available to purchase. But when I perform this filter, this is not the case, and it's a huge pain to click through every shirt I'm interested in to see if it's even available.

Does everyone else experience this, and does anyone find it to be a pain? I know for myself, I just lose patience with seeing what's available in my size as there are so many shirts to click through that I'm interested in. Knowing what's available to purchase would defintiely (for me at least) potentially increase my purchases with WvG.

15. WorldofDarkness

WorldofDarkness Member

16. Nik Telford

17. WorldofDarkness

WorldofDarkness Member

Do you know if they pre-wash their shirts? What about expected shrinkage?

18. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

this is a long standing issue. hopefully it will be addressed with the upcoming changes Mauro mentioned.

19. Kehar001

Kehar001 Active Member

Any change in arm/body length going forward for regular production items?

20. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior member

Thanks, much appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.