1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spr1nkles

spr1nkles Well-Known Member

Chinos were supposed to arrive today but it seems the post office misplaced them somewhere, I guess pics are going to have to wait.

2. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

what is the fit like this year? last year was kinda loose...year before that was super tight.

3. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

How do you guys return stuff? I'd like to make an exchange, should I just email mauro?

4. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Email Si-Jin.

5. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Got the jeans today. The cut is fucking awesome. They're plenty relaxed in the thigh and taper down to a slim leg opening that should stack nicely over boots or high tops.

The denim feels really soft and is fairly light in terms of both weight and color, but that's compared to the 25 oz. Iron Heart 634s I've been wearing. They definitely have a rinsed look and feel to them (like LVCs rinsed denim) rather than the rigid look and feel of most of my jeans, so I'll probably wear these quite a bit when I'm looking for a change of pace, particularly in warmer weather.

Pics to follow when I have the chance. They'll probably be crappy indoor photos since my roof deck is covered in snow right now and we have another 5 - 8" on the way tomorrow. :confused:

7. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

Here are some long awaited Chino pics. Before hemming of course. The fabric is incredible as mentioned. I am still deliberating on the size. They feel comfortable though look a little tighter than in the preview pics. Perhaps I can get some opinions. These are size 31 and my actual waist is, I believe, around 31 inches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  8. MonotovsOpera

MonotovsOpera Well-Known Member

Tell your tailor to let them out a touch in the seat too.

1 person likes this.
  9. Potato Flu

Potato Flu Active Member

I ordered a kidney bean t-shirt and got a t-shirt in a bag with a label stating that it's cranberry. Are these different names for the same color?

10. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Paul is so awesome

11. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

My thighs are so happy in my Paul trousers but I still got them tapered to a smaller leg opening more in line with the Predator #bestofbothworlds

12. liurobs

liurobs Member

Just got my chinos in (and a white pinpoint shirt). I went by the size chart of the chinos and purchased a 32 (listed as 16-7/8" across waistband). All my other chinos measured 17" across, so I figured I'd be good with the 32, but there's no chance in hell I can button them up. I buttoned them back up and measured across the waistband...16" on the dot. Maybe it's my tape measure, but damn, seems like they sewed up small. Looks like I'm going to have to exchange. The legs are pretty slim too, just a forewarning to those who are thinking of purchasing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Would like to hear how they fit compared to Unis Gios.

14. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Are these the charcoal I'm guessing?

15. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

What's the measured front rise? The size chart shows a 9.5 inch "front rise with waistband" for a size 32, which seems low to me.

Thanks for posting the pics and the info

16. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

The fit is very similar to the Gio Skinny. I usually don't give forgiveness in the waist. I am a 35 in the Italian " predator" and a 35 in the American Predator. The Italian predator is for fact slimmer. I like it a lot. I like the sizing a lot.
    If you have questions about fit or are on the fence about sizing please contact si-jin. Her email is Sijin@wolfvsgoat.com then we can take care of all your fit questions.
    I am sticking with this fit. It's a great silhouette. I will give it another name. The rise is low and the chino is skinny for sure. If you have big legs this pant is not for you, period.

If you have big legs you want the Paul. If you have average legs the "American " predator will treat you right. The Italian predator is much more aggressive with the low rise , slim thigh, and knee.

If you already purchased a chino and don't like the fit you can always return it. We can find you your proper size or refund you. It's that simple.

Best,

Mauro

17. liurobs

liurobs Member

You would be correct sir

9.5 front rise is accurate

18. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

Thanks. I'll take that advice.

19. jm22

jm22 Senior member

This is probably wishful thinking but if anybody has a pair of the recent sanded canvas chinos in khaki, size 35 and wants to exchange for a size 34, please pm me.

20. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Seems too tight in the top block. I would try a size up before you tailor those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.