1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Just to clarify, only one item can be preordered at once, right?

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

nolllan, that looks really good! What is your chest measurement?

I'm wondering because I am normally a medium all the time. All of WvG's BD medium measurements seem right on for me except for the chest, which is 43.5". I normally wear shirts that are 40"-41"......I just ordered a medium cotton shirt to see how it fits at the chest....

Those sneakers look fantastic. Great color.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  3. RawrTrx

RawrTrx Member

The size chart goes up to 38 but the indigo chinos were only made up to 36, am I reading this correctly?

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I think all of these questions are great guys, but they're probably best answered by emailing Si-Jin, since she's the customer-facing member of the WvG team according to the most recent newsletter. sijin@wolfvsgoat.com is her email.

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    The colors for the chinos and oxfords are off.
    the pink looks like traditional pink. The white looks like .... White. The gray is a darker great its a nice color. The traditional blue is just that.
    The cotton tencel is more like the gray.

I can't comment on the chinos I haven't seen an acutual pair yet.
    So I can't comment on color.
    The only color that concerns me is red. It's not suppose to be so bright however for a spring summer pant it's really fun. I would imagine it's more muted with browner tones.
    When I get to the laundry I will let you you.

6. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Thanks dude, I was aware of the chart, but the main reason I asked is cause judging by Nolllan's measurements from his BD Medium the chart may be a bit off now. I knew the Small BD was/is 20.75 chest normally, and Nolllan said his P2P on the medium was 20.75.

And I wasn't sure or not if adjustments were still possible on pre-orders, knew they used to be. I'll prolly just e-mail Si-Jin to get to the bottom of these.

7. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Sleeve and body lengths are still adjustable for preorders according to sijin

8. nollan

nollan New Member

My chest measures 38 inches.

9. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

I'll try to get my Large BD pictures up in a couple of days. I'll also post some comparison pics with my Gustin/Gant Rugger/Gitman/WvG Overdye shirts. Anything else people wanna know?

1 person likes this.
  10. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Interested in the overdye comparison. The overdyes to me felt short on the sleeves and lengths and ok in the shoulders and chest. I'm hoping these new oxford fit a lot lot better.

11. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

Yeah, I think they do. I have a Medum BD Overdye from the run where Mauro recommend sizing down, and the new Oxford definitely has better sleeves and length.

12. Mauro

Quick update before dinner.

I found a bizillion new mills, today. I worked from 8am until 7pm. The show literally turned the lights off on us.
    I ordered certified Egyptian and sea island knits for tees and more. This is true luxury.
    Killer piques and similar qualities for knit Blazers.
    A real gem was a Japanese mill which is making some really unique fabrics.
    I am truly like a kid in a candy store.
    I also picked up some 19 oz denim from the same mill iron heart uses.
    I actually picked up four qualities ranging from 9oz to 19oz
    The Italian mill I am using for chinos makes a tencel denim which is over 200 grams but is crazy light weight for summer it's fucking unreal.
    I will see shirtings tomorrow.
    The best thing ever is from trims. My new labels are going to DUST anything you have ever seen from any brand before.... Ever!
    Gotta eat.
    Best,
    Mauro

6 people like this.
  13. RawrTrx

RawrTrx Member

Super excited for all this new stuff, especially the 19oz denim!

14. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Very excited for denim. Especially if we can get something like the Paul fit or something a little more relaxed than the slim stuff.

15. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Mauro, two questions:

1) Are the scoop necks on hold indefinitely now?

2) Who makes the WvG lounge pant zipper? I couldn't find any branding.

16. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

tencel... denim?!... [​IMG]

17. Mauro

I also picked up some stuff from "British Millerain" . They have a washable wax and soy bean wax. It was cool to tell me about the process.
    At the "schoeller" both I pick up a nice weight fleece that's printable . The coolest part is it waterproof and wind repellent.
    Most of their most only is offered in solid so to get a print is a big deal.
    The tencel denim was really awesome. The Italains have such a way with denim. It's a real shame a lot of people on the forum are either selvage or Japanese denim snobs. You are missing out on some really cool stuff.

Scoop necks are on temporary hold.
    The zipper is U Can , USA.
    I have switched zippers and will only be going forward YKK excella only. It's better than Riri in my opinion. They even have an aluminum zipper that's light as fuck and just smooth.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Yeah, I've always been Japan or USA only for denim (save for one old pair of Nudies), but I just ordered a pair of WvG jeans and I'm looking forward to seeing what they're like in person.

Tencel denim sounds pretty cool, too. I used to have a pair of Levi's Engineered 501s that were a lyocell blend. It was really awesome denim, but I ended up getting rid of them because they were way too big on me.

19. mzez

mzez Senior member

how soft is the fabric on the oxfords? or would you describe it as more rigid

20. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Thanks nolllan. I'm 38.5" so that is comforting....I'll see how the new measurement charts shake out. Hopefully not 43.5" chests on BD mediums....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.