• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
If it's the same railroad stripe from the MTO run back in September, it's a thicker fabric than you are probably expecting. Mine is pretty beefy.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All The chambray's came in Before Dinner Monkey arms. I will get fit pics up ASAP. The floral is not a hard shirt to pull off at all. If you guys liked party pigs and the other prints you will LOVE Spring/Summer. The production schedule is booked until July. So we are rolling out good stuff all spring/Summer all pre-orders will have a 5 week window to decide before it goes into production.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
the last floral chambray shrunk big time after i washed it on cold, tossed in the dryer for 2 mins on low, and then hung to dry. i can't wear it anymore :(

anybody else have issues?

k9n

Reaction score
I feel like my floral chambray shrunk noticeably on me too...arms are tighter than my other shirts and the length feels shorter. Come to think of it, I think my herringbone chambray had a lot of shrink too. What size are you?

PS- I wash all my shirts cold and hang dry.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
I feel like my floral chambray shrunk noticeably on me too...arms are tighter than my other shirts and the length feels shorter. Come to think of it, I think my herringbone chambray had a lot of shrink too. What size are you?

PS- I wash all my shirts cold and hang dry.
I've always bought small BD but i'm thinking i need to try a medium BD. the overdye oxfords are good at size small even after washing and drying a bunch (i always wash cold, toss in dryer on low for like 2 mins, and then hang dry), but a few other shirts have shrunk too much :(. the floral chambray being the worst.

k9n

Reaction score

I've always bought small BD but i'm thinking i need to try a medium BD.  the overdye oxfords are good at size small even after washing and drying a bunch (i always wash cold, toss in dryer on low for like 2 mins, and then hang dry), but a few other shirts have shrunk too much :(.  the floral chambray being the worst.

Good to know. I have the same experience as you with the overdye oxfords- fine in M BD and feels roomier overall.

I thought I should size up so I took my llama M BD to Mauro. Chest was fine, but I decided to let out the darts. Arms still feel a bit tight though. I chalked it up to the flannel fabric.

If you're in DC you can see if my M BD floral chambray in monkee arms works for you.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
i'm actually like 20 mins north of Baltimore. i need to make a trip down to Mauro's place soon and actually try some stuff on in person.
def on my list of stuff to do this year.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah those chambrays have had more shrinkage then any of my other shirts. i only cold wash everything and hang dry as well. sometimes the gf will do low heat tumble but she knows not to do it with my shirts

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have one wvg shirt in the over dye BD and it fits great for tucking in. Interested in the bicycle chambray but wondering if I should go AD since it's a more casual shirt. Is the major difference between the two fits the darts? Is the AD for still consider slim? Any input would be great as I'm still trying trying I nail down my size. I know some shirt are made better in the AD fit. Thanks all

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is really no way to shrink the over dyes. Washing, dyeing, and drying on an industrial level pretty much takes all the shrinkage out. Oxfords and chambray by nature shrink more than let's say a broad cloth because of the weave.
How much did your chambray's shrink? I have added a .25 inch in arm width and length. I have also added 1 inch in the body on most style to account for shrinkage. The majority of fabrics won't shrink. I stand behind my product 150% and if you aren't happy with your products the best thing to do is to email me so we can figure something out. If you want a perfect fit time after time go MTM it's more expensive but the attention to detail is there for you more than a general pattern meant to fit several different body types. You will see little changes made to everything to improve the overall fit and product. I am always striving to make the best possible product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads