1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I think you need to do a Group MTO if you were to dive into the leather world. Too many varying options and opinions of people's tastes that would make a single model a potential tough sell for some.

2. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

Thank you. I have said this time and time again. I don't make pants to impress my clients and friends. I make pants and everything else to impress the masters in my trade. Fashion is very subjective and most people are wrapped up in buzzwords , cost, and listening to other people ( non industry insiders) on the internet.
    When I say industry insiders I mean tailors, seamstresses, pattern makers, and other technicians. I have met brand ambassadors, sells agents, and designers that don't know shit about not only there own product but construction in general.
    Internet buzz words and fancy wording of products are great. I should actually try using them but in the end making an old tailor happy its what makes me happy. I know I am doing my job correctly and that's what I try to do.
    I got your email. We can add an inch or two to your trousers going forward if you want.

I am more than satisfied with a couple factory's outwear production in the states. However after going into negotiations we couldn't agree on the minimums. However with the rewards program I can use the absolute best in Italy and still give my customers a great product at a great price.
    I am not familiar with TOJ's product. I know that Drew in basically a demigod on SF because no other person I know could capture 200K+ from customers and not produce a product or issue a refund.
    That's bad business. Actually it's straight up theft.
    I wish my clients would fork over 200K plus in cash. I could make the same fucking jackets even better and make sure they actually got what they ordered.
    I know things go crazy bad ( EMF x REDDIT collab) but 200K + is just wrong. No refunds, no replies. A class action lawsuit is what needs to happen if that's possible. Wither that or someone needs to fly out to Korea and beat Drew's ass.

Maybe. I am not sure. Once, I get back from Italy I will have a better idea of what my limits are. The Italians are very eager to work with my. I have an amazing production manager over in Italy that works with the best mills and factory's. He is hungry for business and so are the factories. I am sure something very promising will happen. Even if that means making leather jackets a year from now.
    When it comes to leather I am weird. I do like the Rick Owens bomber jacket on Mrporter.com but I like sleeker sexy jackets. The motorcycle jackets really aren't me unless I painted something on the back from the "cro-mags" or "Bad Brains". I don't ride motorcycles. They scare the shit out of me. That might be part of the reason I haven't done a motorcycle jacket. I can only promise one thing. If I do make the jacket it will be of the highest quality. The leather, trim, and construction will be nothing short of amazing.

Got to tie up some last minute things before I leave. I will talk to you guys later, from Italy.

3. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

I was looking at the blue trousers. I noticed they say predator fit but when I go to size chart it says Paul and riviera. Is predator the new name for one of those?

4. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I assumed riviera = predator. Interesting names btw.

5. aibnsamin

aibnsamin Well-Known Member

What kind of outerwear are you making Mauro?

6. Mauro

They are the same. We are stucking with Predator and Paul for the pants. Predator being the slimmer.

A peacoat , a light to medium weight everyday jacket, a heavy weight keep you warm as fuck jacket, and a hunting jacket that can be worn by non-hunters.
    I will make another wind breaker but this time it will actually be wind proof.
    That's it so far. I will post sketches tonight when I get back from getting my hairs cut.

7. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Speaking of TOJ and outerwear, people have been going nuts over trying to find a TOJ fishtail parka since they stopped producing it. The ones listed on B&S forums typically go for more than they retailed nowadays despite being used. Based on that, I feel like there'd be a strong market for them, at least on SF, no idea about real world people though lol.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  8. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I need all five of those jackets. I'm going to be broke!

9. aibnsamin

aibnsamin Well-Known Member

Would love to see a MA-1.

Also, have the older WvG peacoat, beautiful jacket.

10. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Do reward members get 50% off of sale items?

This sentence is on the sale page:
    "If you want deals now, join our Rewards Program and receive 50% off all purchases from the Wolf vs Goat website."

But on the individual items it says " no additional discounts will be applied".

Thanks.

11. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

No, the sales items are the final price. The rewards membership doesn't apply.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mauro

Thanks for catching that. It has been taken down. Reading out of context is bad. I apologize. Final sale is exactly that, Final Sale and no other promotions or codes can be used with that. The rewards program is closed. If you want a discount code sign up for the newsletter on the Wolf vs Goat website.

Best,
    Mauro

13. Mauro

What is strong in your opinion and what does the coat look like.

14. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Thanks C.D. and Mauro...

I already am a rewards member. That's why I asked for clarification....

15. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Now I kinda regret trying to quantify demand since I have no idea how to translate my opinion to numbers for you that you can use for your actual business. I've seen maybe 5 or so TOJ fishtail parkas in the last fee months on B&S and from what I remember, they all sold for $400+ (retail was $450) in less than a week, many going in just hours. The ones that took a few days went for $500+, typically smaller sizes too. I know, very small sample size. But people seem to post in the TOJ thread that they're looking for a fishtail all the time. Assume it wasn't super unpopular when it was released, I take people not reselling their fishtails means they love it that much.

Not sure what an order size for your factories would be, but I think you could get a lot of the huge TOJ fanbase and the more streetware crowd to be interested in a fishtail. I may be biased as I'd be interested.

As for pictures, I'll find some tomorrow when I'm off mobile.

16. msg

msg Senior member

The conversation about leather, jackets, chinos, jeans, and fishtail parkas - Mauro, know your customers well.

17. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

If you're looking to quantify resale demand, you could always run a search on the SF Classifieds and the-site-that-shall-not-be-named. Like this and this. A quick search is giving me 4 in the last 4 months on the latter alone, all going for $450-plus.

18. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

The more I look at that floral shirt the more it grows on me.

19. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I got all sorts of compliments on the high top Pinot Noir Wolf vs Goat chukka sneakers today. As comfortable as can be. You guys should jump all over these when they go on presale.

20. Mauro

Could you talk like Yoda next time. What does this even mean.

PICS or GTFO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.