1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

Looking forward to seeing the chinos. The jeans sound like a great value, but I don't get to wear jeans very often, 3 days per week at most, and I already have 3 good pair. I get the argument regarding basics, but personally I'm looking for less typical items that I can't find elsewhere, i.e., the rose flannel. I haven't had occasion to wear mine yet and still want similar items.

2. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Good points. I'm a sucker for crazy prints, so if they're going to be the limited runs, I'm glad I snagged a membership. Really digging the skeleton print I got a while back in particular.

3. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I used to not be so hot on them and now its pretty much all I want for summer hahah.

4. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Not sure how easy of a fix this is, but you should have rewards member access tied to someone's online account. The current method of only showing rewards products through a link in your email makes those exclusive products easy to forget about or lose track of - having them visible once someone logs in might entice more people and is just more convenient

As for the denim, like someone else said, they've only been out for a few hours. There also wasn't much hype about their release (I know some teasers were posted, but I had no idea they were getting released so soon). Realistically, some people will be driven away by non-selvedge, but that's just the way it is nowadays.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

6. Kamins0d

Kamins0d New Member

Mauro,

Is it possible to order stuff separately, and get it shipped together? I'm a Canadian customer and the hassle of paying shipping for multiple orders (and you paying to ship to ship me multiple orders) sucks huge.

Best
    K

7. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Did jeans sell out? Link from email seems to be broken.

8. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Click on the link showing all reward member items. That one will work.

9. Moocow9

Moocow9 Well-Known Member

Do you know how much the jeans waist is likely to stretch?

10. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

This seems like a great thing to email si-jin (butchered her name) about she should be able to easily do this

11. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

Watched the video really stoked for sneakers especially the black hitop and tomorrow I'll post a chambray fit with some repro denim in there.

12. susmoon

susmoon Member

great video Mauro!

13. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

ditto, wondering if i should size 1 down from my chino size.

14. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

The sizes charts are posted and accurate. The jeans don't really stretch. You buy the size that fits your actual waist size. I have been wearing all the protos and haven't noticed any shrinkage or stretching. I think after 8 months of wear the jeans would have stretched. The denim is very very nice.
    Another note these are some skinny ass painted on jeans so if you want to size down or do any weird APC shit with the jeans these might not be for you. If you want a nice silhouette and a pair of jeans that WILL NOT make you look like one of your nuts are going to burst out of your pants these jeans are probably for you.

15. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Honestly, the overdyes from last season were such awesome quality, but it was just the fit that threw me off. Outside of garment length and sleeve length, the regular size I get fits amazingly in the body (which is rare) and it was just a bit disappointing when the fit wasn't the same as usual. If the upcoming oxfords have the same fit as expected, I will probably buy a ton. Also if we pre-order oxfords, is there an option to shorten the length a bit on a few of them? Either way, any insight/info would be appreciated!

1 person likes this.
  16. agvs

agvs Senior member

Fit pics of the jeans would sell me on them I think. I can compare measurements and everything but there's nothing like actually seeing them on someone.

1 person likes this.
  17. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

This too. It's hard to sell jeans off of a few detail shots - I think you at least need a pic of the full jeans from the front and back if you can't get someone to model them. Measurements are great but it's difficult to get a feel for the profile without seeing the entire piece.

18. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

I'll most likely eventually pick up a pair of jeans given the price and normal quality of stuff WvG puts out. But agreed that fit pics would be a HUGE help given my concerns for the larger thigh measurements.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I have a pair coming. Will post fit pics.

1 person likes this.
  20. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

The video was good. For me, I want to buy the chinos and jeans, but the slim fit is impossible for me. I'll have to get to a tailor and have my thighs measured. I can't fit into your pants (sounds dirty).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.