1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

I'm with you on this! I use Mauro's cellphone pictures rather than the model pictures to decide purchases almost 100% of the time. While the professional ones look nice, the color from my experience is almost always oversaturated in their lighting.

2. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

Those floral flannels look wonderful! I wander what the special fabric will be?

3. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

HAHA! Actually it didn't fit the guy. I spoke with him over email. I cancelled his order and it's back up for sale.

4. puddin

puddin Senior member

Was late to the party and missed out on the hoodie. If anyone bought a medium and it doesn't work out, gimme a holler.

Mauro, the new flannels look awesome!

5. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Super excited for these flannels and love that they will be customizable! Now I just need to decide which ones to get!

6. vedarcrew

vedarcrew Senior member

BOUGHT!!!!!!

7. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

When does preordering for the flannels begin?

8. Mauro

I am going to try to make it by Tuesday. The window is going to be short so I hope everyone is on board. A couple of the sewers have to have surgery. I want all the shirts to be delivered to me by Nov.15th.

So everyone who wants a flannel be ready and then I will make a handful of extras for people on the fence.

1 person likes this.
  9. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Mauro, when you say the are the special print flannel and solid are coming soon, will they be in the same newsletter or separate?

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Real nice sale Mauro. Think I am going to pick up one or two Monkey Arms.

11. Mauro

Yes. I have a solid flannel going out with the special print. I don't want everyone thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread. It is an awesome print but what makes it special is the it's has a HUGE repeat so wastage is going to be high because we make sure everything is matched up.
    This particular flannel will not have a center placket so that the story can be told. It's a NON -ugly Christmas sweater if you will.
    I still want to get that out by the 15th as well. It's expensive but if you want a true limited edition collector piece this is probably it.

Thanks. I appreciate the support and know you are tall as fuck. This however will not be enough to get me to participate this year in S.S.. Johngalt has depleted me of ANY Holiday cheer. He knows what he has to do.

12. Mauro

One other quick thing. The Donegal Chambray , Gray Sheep, Cows , and the like have started shipping to me. I will start collecting pe-order payments sometime today.
    Thank you!

1 person likes this.
  13. Mauro

Flannels will go out in a newsletter on Tuesday with a few other shirts that are ready now.

Here is the deal to get them to you on time you will have one week to decide. So the 28th through Nov. 2nd.

Here is what's being made and the prices---->

The wool stripe shirts are $370.00 at retail and 22 units of each color will be made.

The wool 2/80 super 120's plaid will aslo retail for $370.00 and 23 units will be made.

The floral cotton flannel will retail for $220.00. 20 units of both colors will be made.

The Reindeer and trees print will retail for $230.00 and 17 units will be made.

The reason for the cotton flannels having low units is because the width of the fabric is a 40 inch cuttable . The Japanese love narrow width goods. 3 yards of fabric will be used for the reindeer print.
    However in doing this we can make sure all the prints are lined up and everything maintains the quality level that I expect.

There you have it. Everything will be ready for Tuesday when the newsletter drops. It's first come first serve and non-rewards members will not have the ability to purchase the flannels unless sales suck and these flannels are to damn cool for that to happen.:D

Best,

Mauro

1 person likes this.
  14. quadomatic

quadomatic Well-Known Member

If the Donegal chambrays are shipping to you now, when do you expect they'll start shipping to us? (I'm just really excited to get mine)

15. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

care instructions for wool flannels? I won't have to dryclean that 2/80 super 120's one would I?

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Those floral flannels are sick.

You are a tough boss.

Don't wash for at least two years. Rub in layers of booze, piss, blood, and vomit. Then wear in the ocean and rub with sand wait, sorry, that's for denim. Never mind.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  17. Mauro

Wash instructions for the wool ---->

DRY CLEAN ONLY is the way to go 110%

HAND WASHING IN WOOL LIGHT NO TUMBLE DRY If you must but the mill is showing a 10% shrinkage. That's a lot. The 120's flannel is normal shrinkage but these fabrics are incredibly expensive so go with dry cleaning, sorry.

As far as the cotton goes it's cotton and will shrink. I will run a full shrink test on Monday but we are thinking 3% of total length which is industry standard.

18. Mauro

Tons of 60's blue chinos left which is odd. If you go to the sale page you can get a good idea of the real color which is taken with the fig over dye which I have a lot of too, very odd.

19. roflzlmao

roflzlmao Member

Hey Mauro, when will the bottom 2 flannels be released? In a later newsletter?

20. Mauro

I dunno. Later after these. I haven't ordered the fabric yet.

I HAVE SUITS LEFT If you go to suits I found a shit load if you are a size 40 or 42. My suits run slim. People who have bought my jackets can attest. I only have 40's and 42's in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.