1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

I just grabbed one as well. I messed up on the overdyes. This is okay though because I'm now looking forward to the flannels!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how shiny the maroon party shirt fabric is? Also, does anyone have pictures of the 60s denim blue chinos? I heard the color was off on the website but I can't remember where any actual pictures are.

3. g2x222

g2x222 Active Member

I'm super excited to see what flannels & sweaters are available, and I really need to nail down my sizing

As much as I'd love to get a linen popover, I'm finding it very hard to think about NEXT spring/summer (and I don't know if I could wear them to work).

4. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Can anybody comment on the sweaters comfort without a tee underneath? I don't like having to wear an undershirt, but I don't want the sweater to be itchy...

5. 510kut

510kut Senior member

I'm not sure which of the sweaters you are talking about but I have a handful of wvg sweaters and never had an itch issue (i'm usually pretty sensitive to it too). I pretty much always wear my wvg sweaters without an undershirt.

6. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

My turtleneck is crazy comfortable. No itching at all.

7. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Good to know. Thanks, guys. Mauro, any chance on doing underwear with a longer inseam in the future? I'd definitely be interested in that.

8. falathar

falathar Senior member

I don't have a photo handy but compared to the website the color is slightly darker and richer. I actually didn't care for the color initially cause I thought it was too close to looking like jeans but I couldn't say no after I saw the color in real life.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  9. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

any chance of a blackwatch fabric?

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Here are the flannels so far. I have a solid and another very special print coming soon.
    These are teaser pics. I know they are not the best. I am sending them out to be photographed today. The bulk of these will be for rewards members only.

[​IMG]
    100% cotton very soft very substantial cloth.

[​IMG]
    100% cotton Floral print. very soft very substantial cloth

[​IMG]
    100% cotton Floral print. very soft very substantial cloth. The blue is actually darker. Very nice color.

[​IMG]

2/80's super 120's 100% wool. This shirt is soft as butter. It's pure luxury. Not heavy but not light.
    It just has a kick ass hand

[​IMG]

100% wool. It's thick. Not crazy thick but dense. It has a very nice hand as well. This shirt will
    come with twill or grosgrain on the center placket and perhaps the cuff placket and cuff.
    It's a very difficult fabric to work with but if you notice everything matches perfectly.
    This could almost be worn as a shirt jacket. Well, it could but it's meant to be a shirt.

[​IMG]

Same fabric as the charcoal and grey. The blue black combo is kinda rock star. The blue is better looking in real life by far.

Pricing and everything else will be answered in a newsletter. I just want to give you some pics. The newsletter might not have model pics right away.
    A couple of sewers need to have surgery around Nov.15th and the factory is already small enough so I want to get them out to you guys and the other rewards members before the factory gets jammed because a couple sewers will be out. Which also make it a perfect time for wonderful flannels. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    2 people like this.
  11. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

These flannels look great. Option for monkey arms?

12. Mauro

If you are a rewards member you can choose your collar, body style, arm length. Like always. If you aren't a rewards member Maonkey arms will not be offered. I am sitting on tons of monkey arm stock, sorry.

13. bonobo

bonobo Member

Are these flannels going to be made in the same exact cut as normal button ups? I'm asking because I thought in previous years tiny bit of room in certain areas were added to account for layering. I realize we can customize but I'm just wondering if arm hole / chest will be the same.

14. justblaze1

justblaze1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Skip the model pics. I'm ready to order, just based on these pictures alone.

15. Mauro

That's a good question. The shirts are made as shirts. When it comes to flannels I strongly recommend the AD body but that's just me.
    The wool stripe is dense and could be worn with a thermal wool sweater and I believe you would probably roast unless outside in the butt ass cold.

Next fall I will work with wool that has nano technology so it will be rain and wind proof but that won't be until 2016

16. falathar

falathar Senior member

How do you think these are going to shrink in the wash?

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

Just got some stuff in the mail. I have a mailbox in the US so it takes awhile for me to get my stuff since I live in Canada

Thermals - Damn Mauro these are very beefy. I can't believe how sturdy they feel, the waffle body is awesome and the cuffs are a softer cotton. Hoping these will hold up well in the wash

Light weight Cotton Trousers - I can't stress how "light weight" these pants are. I have a pair of this years chinos and the light weight trousers really have some nice finishing touches on them. The cotton is so thing making it the perfect summer pant. Curious if these will wrinkle much throughout the day?

All in all I'm very pleased. If you make thermals this year please keep them the same.

I understand the over dye are to be sized down one, but are the collars also a little extra big or just the shirt?

BLUE STRIPE COTTON GAUZE PICNIC AFTER-DINNER - Is it see through. Don't want my nipples showing

BROWN LINEN ALOHA PRINT PICNIC AFTER-DINNER - Never felt good linen, wondering if this wrinkles less then the stuff you find in stores

18. bonobo

bonobo Member

Good to know! Also what is the washing/care procedure for these garments, since I may want to consider possible shrinkage? I I have a small AD shirt and it fits well everywhere except length so I may request to add an inch. I haven't got to try any of your flannels yet so I am looking forward to these.

Edit: Doh, I just saw someone asked about shrinkage above. What he said!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  19. vedarcrew

vedarcrew Senior member

Whoever grabbed the 38 nailhead let me know if it doesn't fit you ;)

20. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

mauro I'm having trouble using my birthday month code with the sale items. let me know when your web team has it fixed.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.