1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Wow I need to be educated. What's a scored waistband and hollywood/continuous waistband?

2. chupas

chupas Senior member

I think End Clothing is a good example of how to do photography that helps sell the clothes. Lots of mid-range and close-up detail shots (that you can zoom even more on by clicking) that show the thickness of the fabric, texture, construction details, etc.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Pretty sure that level of site doesn't make sense for someone with as little infrastructure as Mauro. IMO Haven has one of the best sites in the business.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

Mother fucker! You shouldn't even be driving. You live in the city and walk to work. Don't get me started with you and money.

A scored waistband or notched waist is the little " V" cut out in the back of the waistband on the trousers. It's a nice touch to a split back waist so the tailor can open and close it with greater ease.

The continuous waistband or Hollywood waistband is when the trouser looks like it doesn't have a waistband at all. It can be front and back , back, or front. Front gets kinda of feminine but it can work depending on the style of pant and fabric. Usually it's done in the back. It's a very cool look in my opinion and brings a new level of sophistication to the game. I put side straps on instead of a buckle back because the side straps are functional.
    On friday I will get fit pics of the pants. I have two styles. The pants come in the Predator and Justin body unless you choose MTM.

I will give you a nice tutorial tomorrow on the pants. I wish my hand sewn pant video was up and ready. My pant makers breaks it down really well.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lol mauro your just jealous :p

1 person likes this.
  6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

:teach:

1 person likes this.
  7. Mauro

Not to start shit up again but here lies another issue. I agree End Clothing had some great shots and haven also has a nice website. Now the hard part. I pay for every picture taken so if I have 3 product shots I get charged for three pictures. If I have 6 product shots I have to pay for 6 pictures. That shit adds up quick and then I have to raise my prices which nobody wants. It's a real catch 22.
    If I was heavily funded or had multiple thousands of rewards members I would do ALL of that and more. That's my goal. However , I am not heavily funded and I don't have thousands of rewards members , yet.This is why I complain so much. It's not me being a whiny prick. It's me balancing making people happy and being able to cash flow. It's all about volume. A numbers game plain and simple.

I am slowly growing and as I grow, I add more to the site , copy, etc... I don't do the copy. I suck at writing. Most of the time people think I am retarded. Copier writers cost money.
    I have added a couple more photos which you will see up on each page very soon.
    I will give the new pre-sale one more week and what ever is left over will go up on the actual website with spiffy new pictures.

8. quadomatic

quadomatic Well-Known Member

I was literally just thinking today about wanting to buy some WvG wool pants. I'm not seeing any belt loops in these. Does that mean we just need to wear suspenders for these?

Also, when you say you'd want to put then into production, would that be by pre-order? Also wondering what other pants you're hoping to put out soon.

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Damn, if I still lived in DC I'd totally pimp out my GF to take product shots for you. Maybe I can introduce you to a photographer friend of mine who's probably coming to the pig roast with me. She's been doing non-photo stuff lately but maybe she'll know someone who'll exchange product photos for WvG clothing. :laugh:

10. Doorn

Doorn Member

I'm pretty sure that's what the side straps are there for. No additional hardware needed.

11. junglcmndo

junglcmndo Well-Known Member

Hey Mauro, will all the pants be in the same style? Meaning no belt loops with side straps.

Thanks

12. Mauro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is another pant body. Regular loops with tab waist, scored back, 1/8th front pockets, and zip fly.
    If you want this model pant in a button fly that's fine too.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mauro

The side straps and Hollywood back is for the people in the fast lane. The traditional waistband with loops is for everyone else.
    I am currently working on a machined version for the people who don't care about hand craftsmanship and just want a solid pair of trouser at a good price.

1 person likes this.
  14. aibnsamin

aibnsamin Well-Known Member

When can we expect to see this year's flannels?

15. Mauro

I will give some teaser pics tomorrow of the flannels. One flannel is from my mill in the " Okayama Prefecture" it's pretty damn cool but is pricy. As well as the three wool shirts from Takisada. The rest are very well price. I have cotton wool blends and 100% cotton. I think most will be very happy. The price points will run the gamut.

1 person likes this.
  16. quadomatic

quadomatic Well-Known Member

What would the price difference between the machined and hand made versions be?

Will they all be available MTO with special order options from your factory in Ohio, or will any of them be like the recent run of 6 chambray shirts from NJ without options?

17. Mauro

A machined pant is made by a machine or guided by hand. A hand sewn garment is hand sewn with thread and a needle. The most important part to me is the pressing and shaping of the pant. Having a hand press garment at each station that needs pressed is a big deal to the way the garment will drape. I believe stress point and hand sewn bar tacking comes in 2nd. Putting to many holes in any fabric is bad so making a proper bar tack is a big deal. The waist curtain and zipper play a big deal and are often over looked. A lot of people say this to me or write it social media of one shape or another is " that's the smoothest zipper I have ever seen or felt". It's those little things that really stand out in the end.

I am not sure about the flannels but I think they will go to Ohio. They did such a great job on last years batch.

18. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

mannn so excited for flannels, thermals, everything! Bring it on! Got to get my mula ready though![​IMG]

19. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Also, not to be a dick, but are the underwear that say "soft as a babies bottom" going to be changed to "soft as a baby's bottom"? I know someone mentioned the error before. I personally love all of the writing on tags and logos, but I understand how the errors may bother some. That being said, I hope my sheep shirt says something cool on the care tag.

20. Mauro

Don't think of it as an error. Think of it as a rare treasure. Like finding a double headed quarter. Next batch will say something else.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.