1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svat69

svat69 Member

I think one issue is that some people 'expect' to buy a shirt every newsletter. If a newsletter comes out and everything seems either too expensive for you or just isn't your fancy there is a slight feeling of disappointment, but at the same time I don't understand why you would become so upset about it. God forbid you don't buy a new shirt every month. You aren't 'wasting' your rewards membership when you aren't buying something all the time, it isn't something that was created for immediacy. A lot of people in this thread need to realize that they are just searching for immediate gratification and that sometimes they may have to wait a few months to get something they want.

2. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Just received my shipment that I ordered earlier this month. 4 sweaters and a new tee. Everyone already knows how awesome the tee's are, so no point in me saying that again.

This is my first time handling the sweaters from Mauro (and anything other than a tee really) and my first reaction was "wow...". These things are unreal. I can't believe I got these at the prices I did. The sales price is insane, and if there is anything left in your size, I suggest you go buy it immediately. I actually feel a touch bad having handled them and put them on. These are a steal at the $150-200 or whatever they were normally at for rewards members. I would put these in the category of my knits that retail for $300+.

I will post some pictures later this week when I get a chance to take some, but the fabric is awesome. The wool used in these sweaters is really soft, has a great hand, and is a nice weight. They aren't really very thick, which I think is best for most people, and lends well to layering. I got three roll neck jumpers and one cashmere crew. The cashmere is the softest sweater i've ever laid a hand on. It feels so so so nice to wear. I can't comment on how these will hold up over time, since I just got them, but they seem to be on par with any of the other knits I have. Saying the whole garment construction is impressive is an understatement. These are, in my eyes, totally on par with my SNS Herning stark cardigan. The cardigan being much more expensive (roughly $350 retail I think? which is what I paid for 3 of these....). They are as good or better than my Barbour x Norton and Sons knits also, and I would say on par with my Inverallan, although a totally different ball of wax from the Inverallan (inverallan cardigans being $400+ by the time it hits your door, $500 in Canada).

My only regret is logging into the sale section a little late and not being able to buy every sweater. The lavender is a beautiful color (as are the olive and purple marl roll necks. They will be hard to photograph), and I got it as a gift for my girlfriend. Now i'm even debating picking up one for myself, but don't want to be matching haha.

@Mauro , you're the fucking man. Great work on these sweaters, seriously. Can't wait for thermals and all that other shit now.

1 person likes this.
  3. gunslikethese

gunslikethese Well-Known Member

I think this is a good point. I can say from my own perspective I do feel some disappointment when we get a newsletter and there's nothing that fits my own style or is just too expensive. It doesn't bother me too much though because I've bought enough items that the rewards program has more than paid for itself already, and I don't really have the money to be buying anything anyway right now.

4. falathar

falathar Senior member

Looks like Mauro is already one step ahead.

[​IMG]

5. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

I actually like this idea. Will commit to join. Good chance to see what WvG is all about at rewards member pricing without buying membership.

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Haha, I swear I didn't know this was about to launch when I mentioned it. :laugh:

7. agvs

agvs Senior member

"Designed by the dedicated /r/malefashionadvice contributor /u/WolfvsGoat".

They might wanna update that description

8. falathar

falathar Senior member

Mauro or whoever is manning his social media stuff might wanna tweet/post about the drop on twitter/facebook/instagram.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah didnt even know about that. good find :)

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First Trouser has arrived.
    100% wool with a bounded mesh lining so no need for lined trousers. That means no ill twisting or shrinking like a lot of full and half lined trousers do.
    All the bells and whistles including-

Scored waistband

side straps ( functional)

Hollywood waist or Continuous waistband in the back

Side seam pockets.

SEXY AS FUCK!

Depending on interest I will do a production run which will drop the pants cost a lot if not MTO in this or any other of my fall fabrics.

2 people like this.
  11. falathar

falathar Senior member

What do you think these are going to cost in a production run and/or on an MTO?

12. Mauro

I am a afraid to put a cost to these because of the outrage they might cause.

The fabric is from " Botto Giuseppe" in Biella , Italy. It's pretty amazing fabric.

MTO is $275.00 and production will be $235.00 for rewards members. Please note these are hand made.

1 person likes this.
  13. agvs

agvs Senior member

Those look great and pricing is totally fair. Any plans on doing a heavier weight wool flannel trouser?

14. falathar

falathar Senior member

$275?!? For Wool pants? That's ridiculous. I can get pants made out of Unicorn hair for $25 dollars more.

I will give you $150. That's my best offer.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

EDIT:

On a more serious note. I am slightly concerned about the button up fly. For raw denim you unbutton the top and just pull and all the others come out naturally. But then that's tough denim and solid rivets. These will probably need to be unbuttoned one by one no?

15. Mauro

Dude, those weigh 2 lbs. If you want some thick ass buffalo check woolrich pants I can make those in a heart beat. The cool thing about some of my mills is that I can get 10 yards of fabric, no problem.
    That about 6 pair of pants.
    If you are looking for W.Bill and the like I can do that too I have all of their books but that shit is EXPENSIVE. We are talking $50.00 and up a meter.

16. Mauro

I killed all the unicorns during my last sale. I have angel pubic hair only.

17. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I thought you were a Tesla man young Hanstein.

2 people like this.
  18. randomkoreandude

lol mauro trolls with $450+ pants after like 3 pages of cheapskates

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. randomkoreandude

i wish ... cant afford it. if mauro stopped releasing $150+ chambrays, maybe i would have one by now. such is life for a rewards tote loyalty member. its all mauros fault

20. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Another note on product shots.

For some reason I find that those pics he posts of the shirts folded up nicely and at a slight angle are like 1000 times sexier than any of the other pics. Anyone else notice this?

It may be because you get a good feel for the thickness and softness of the fabric, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.