1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

Thank you. I called you the other day. Make sure to shoot a few rounds of sporting clays or skeet. We are shooting Friday after I pick up the pig. The usual suspects will be there.
    For those who are local or for those who wish to travel. The pig roast is a lot of fun. Everyone brings a side, beverage, or dessert. My wife get drunk and plays with fire and the kids fight over whos going to eat the pig eyes, seriously. We drink a shit load of PÁLINKA and people tell me how awful it is and then proceed to drink more. We have a die hard core of corn hole players. Everyone is super friendly.
    Just RSVP to mauro@wolfvsgoat.com You may bring a friend or two.
    One year a dude showed up with a chick and some home brew. He said he saw the party on Facebook and thought it would be fun. He just moved into DC. The dude was a hit. He shared his beer and if memory serves me correctly he didn't even leave with the chick which was amazing. Good times.

2. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Very interesting blog post. It's actually too interesting to comment on without going into a huge mass of non-sense that requires editting.

I'll just say that there's one bit that I didn't quite like how it's written out. There's an assumption that you're operating in a perfectly compettive market, and you're trying to compete via a few differentiating factors such as lowering pricers. In the next line it also mentions that humans aren't perfectly rational; thus, you have no real control over how well your business does. So why would you try to reduce price in order to try and control irrational behavior? We all know the answer to that question, and that's why the segment doesn't make much sense.

3. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

See you there! I can't get too rowdy unfortunately since I'm running a race the next day, but pretty excited about it!

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah its always a good time. havent seen you krish in years.

mauro purposely picked a date where i cant attend ... he made racist asian comment about my glow being too strong or that bubba was already fulfilling the token asian guy quota :(

1 person likes this.
  5. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

Love the cow shirt Mauro. Just wondering if there is an ETA on the whale shirt. I wish I could make it to the pig roast it sounds awesome, will definitely come next year.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

palinka is fucking gross

2 people like this.
  7. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

sorry if I missed it, but have you previewed what the heavy flannel fabrics are for this year? (assuming you're doing them again). I'm still pissed I missed the navy plaid last year.

8. Nik Telford

[​IMG]
    I don't know if anyone pays attention to their care tags but I just noticed this on my raspberry popover.

9. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

Glad to hear your mom's OK, mauro. Stoked to get some palinka off you since everyone else is too wimpy.

10. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

I just got my first button down and it says "don't be a bitch, wear it with pride". Love it. Keep up the fun stuff, Mauro. Shirt is great too.

11. Nik Telford

What one did you get? None of my Oxfords have anything.

12. taint it sweet

Lime stripe spread collar

13. taint it sweet

I ordered two tees and when I got them, one was noticeably longer than the other one. Probably about an inch or more. They're both M, has anybody else noticed this? I wasn't sure if this was common. The longer shirt fits perfectly.

14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Yeah, the care tags are always worth reading. The 2.0 sweat knickers read "Don't use your belt loops to pull up your pants. Be prepared to be touched by random strangers." :laugh:

Speaking of which, does anyone have a pair in size 31 they'd like to swap for a pair in size 32?

If not, it looks like it'll be an easy fix at the tailor's. Busted seam construction FTW. :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  15. single origin

single origin Senior member

Interesting, I can only find WvG and bloodline tag on my pants. Wonder if he started putting tags on newer items.

16. Nik Telford

Well none of my oxfords have an interesting care tag, and two of them are from the most recent batch. Only my eggplant tee and popover have one.

17. chupas

chupas Senior member

Prompted me to check my pink overdye: "Have fun wearing WVG. It will help you get laid, as long as you aren't a douche." [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

Question on the knickers: How warm are they?

Since college, I've barely worn shorts at all. But with this San Diego weather, I'm questioning that decision. And I haven't seen a pair of not-pants I've liked as much as the 2.0 knickers. And my size is still available.

It's either that I'm just gonna end up getting a pair or two of cheap jogger shorts. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  19. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Just buy them :) I wear mine a lot. Perfect for lounging around the house and running errands in particular.
    I doubt it often gets cold enough in SD that you couldn't wear them.

20. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

Sweat knickers acquired. Mucho excited-o. First non-T-shirt WvG purchase. [​IMG]

Seriously, though, Mauro, you rebrand those things as high-end jogger shorts and you'd be eating John Elliot and Publish's lunch. Especially with the long hemlines on the old tees...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.