1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

That Narrative video is awesome Mauro -- sending it to my dad cause he just knows you as the "Shirt guy" and now he might know more about what I get him. But I think this was really great video, and puts your face on the brand really well!

1 person likes this.
  2. gunslikethese

gunslikethese Well-Known Member

The sweaters in the newsletter look great, especially the jacquard. The neck opening looks a little smaller as well which is great because my only complaint about last year's sweaters was that the neck opening was too big imo.

Is that a change for this year's sweaters or am I seeing things?

3. quadomatic

quadomatic Well-Known Member

What sweaters?

Also, is there a restock of XS tees coming through in the future?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

Were the Sunday winners announced yet? I put egg white but not eggshell white but I can't find the winner announcement to confirm whether mine was considered the winning answer

5. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

Just watched the video, love the look of the Jacquard sweater. Cant wait to pick some sweaters up.

6. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

I added a bunch of smalls and mediums in certain colors. I didn't mean to mislead you. Those are older tees with new stock. The new tees will be up next week with the center placket shirts. The shirts going up will be from the same fabric the pop overs are made of from this newsletter. Meaning the Amunzen, tencel gingham, railroad stripe , etc.... will be made into center placket fronts. I know not everyone wants pops overs. For those who don't know this is a center placket button down shirt.
    [​IMG]

7. gunslikethese

gunslikethese Well-Known Member

They're just future products Mauro talked about in the video newsletter. Sweaters weren't actually released today.

8. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Well-Known Member

Loved the video, Mauro, really great stuff. There was a brief clip of schoeller fabric - what will you be making with it?

Also whoever picked the music for the video has excellent taste. I'm a big fan of the artist of the second track especially!

9. veekta

veekta Well-Known Member

Jacquard sweater looks amazing, though from the looks of it the fit isnt going to work for me so I'll prob have to pass. This is good for my wallet..

10. falathar

falathar Well-Known Member

Came home from work to enjoy the awesome newsletter vid. Got excited for the new blue stripe cotton gauze and the amunzen.

Try to add to cart and see that my size is sold out already. Wow.

11. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

email me I have center placket shirts.

I can't believe the day my new site launches the whole shopify platform crashes......WTF!?!

12. junglcmndo

junglcmndo Well-Known Member

Can I order the center placket shirt for the grey gingham or do I have to wait till next week? Also does anyone wear WvG shirts with ties because I was hoping I could wear these both casually and at work. Thanks

13. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

14. CPaul

CPaul Well-Known Member

How does sizing on the tees go? I'm 6' 3", 200 lb athletic build. Thinking L or XL?

15. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Well-Known Member

I'd say XL. I'm 5'11, 190ish lbs and I wear them in L but they're a bit on the snugger side.

16. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Well-Known Member

I'm noticing the same thing. I was looking for M in some of the colors of both the short and long sleeve and they still seem to be low or out of stock.

17. pe3brain

pe3brain Well-Known Member

Is it true that WG is moving to a subscription based sales model, ala Gustin?

18. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

It's kinda true but kinda false. I will be on a similar platform as Gustin for novelty shirts, bloodline, and exclusives. Basics like tees, undies, over dyes , Henley's, and sweats I will run stock.
    I am simply to small to run stock in everything. I will be flat ass broke of I try. The over dye oxfords and other large minimum products are stressful as fuck and eat away at my cash.
    When I get big enough I will run stock in everything but until that day comes I will run product and if you like it you I make it. If not I don't make it. It saves me money and hair loss. It gets you product out faster and it also gives you a platform to get close to MTM.

3 people like this.
  19. Doorn

Doorn Member

Hey Mauro, I think I remember you mentioning grey chinos in the past (something aboud the dye not working out well for the first try.) Are those still in-the-works?

20. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Chinos are in the works still. I would like to sell more of what I have but I know people want new things so it will be crowd sourced on the new pre-order platform.

[​IMG]
    My favorite shirt finally arrived! It's 100% French Linen. Its a heavy weight linen so I recommend getting an AD picnic. I did make BD picnic. I didn't not make long sleeves. This shirt screams short sleeve luxury! The shirt is also only available in a spread collar. It is will be available in the next newsletter which will be up next week sometime.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.