1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stafa

stafa Senior member

Nice. Is this the bamboo sorona blend or supima?

2. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    [​IMG]

2nd round of colors for the bamboo sorona tees.

3. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Are these the thicker ones that don't be sheer?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Mauro

No. These are the 130 gram. The 175 gram will drop in a month. I don't think these are sheer at all but everyone's different.

5. aperret

aperret Member

Does this mean we can be expecting a news letter in the very near future?

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

All crew/roll-neck, or is there news on the scoop-neck front as well?

7. stafa

stafa Senior member

Is it too much to ask to get comprehensive information about current and upcoming releases? I really don't understand why you constantly post little tidbits of information which are followed by questions from us asking for more details and then you don't even provide answers to those half of the time. I'm not saying this to call you out, but as a suggestion to improve your service/offering.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mauro

THE ROLL NECK CREW TEE
    The tees( roll neck crew) will be released on Tuesday at 3pm. The tees will be offered in 8 colors which will be shown in the next four days in the form of a contest. If you want to see all the colors please look a few posts up and you can see all 8 colors.
    The tees are made from a Bamboo sorona blend 60% bamboo and 40% sorona. The bamboo and sorona are spun in away like rayon. The properties of each fiber are pretty neat. The blend offers wicking properties, antimicrobial properties, and a very soft hand. Please read the care tag labels before washing the tees.
    The tees weight is 130 grams which is a nice weight for tee. Darker colors will not be sheer at all. Lighter colors will be naturally. I will LATER in the season offer a 175gram tee which is very heavy for a tee. The 175 gram tee is the same weight as the underwear which will be coming out later this month or next month. Please don't ask any questions about the underwear because I don't have a specific release date.
    The fit of this tee( being released this Tuesday Aug.12 th at 3pm) will fit just like all the other tees except the neck opening is .25 inches larger in circumference than the last batch of tees. If you have ever bought a tee is fits like most brands slim fit tees. I think you will find the slightly larger neck opening very comfortable and it in no way resembles a scoop neck.

A newsletter will be released on Tuesday the 12th of August at 3pm for all rewards members seeking more details.

New "teasers" will be released in a video as well as descriptions of ALL the new woven shirts.

I will post information on the SCOOP neck tee when it's ready to launch. Right now we are ONLY focusing on the roll neck crew short sleeve bamboo sorona tees.

For those who want to be apart of the ROLL NECK CREW short sleeve bamboo sorona tee shirt naming contest please click on the link below or go to instagram. Thank you.

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/15061129-whats-better-than-a-bamboo-sorona-tee-shirt

1 person likes this.
  9. quadomatic

quadomatic Well-Known Member

Just to verify, are the roll neck tees that are dropping Tuesday the same weight fabric as the previously released roll neck and v-neck tees?

Also any timeline for approximately when you'll expect Fall items to start dropping?

10. stafa

stafa Senior member

Thanks Mauro, that helps a lot more.

Another suggestion I have is to keep a page/blog on the site with different sections for each garment you are working on and you can keep all the relevant information pertaining to those garments in regards to materials, construction, pictures, colors, ETA etc. This keeps all the info in one central place that everyone can access and it would definitely create less clutter, less confusion and less time/work for you to answer these questions. Let's get this streamlined and you can use your time more wisely to focus on other more important parts of the business.

1 person likes this.
  11. veekta

veekta Senior member

goddamnit lately these newsletters keep dropping at the most inopportune times for me. I'm going to have to be buying shit on my phone under a desk at a meeting..

1 person likes this.
  12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

to be honest, it probably is too much to ask

he is essentially a one man show. he releases "tidbits of information" as a favor to SF. and ive said this before, but unless things have changed in the last few months, SF is not even close to a majority of his loyalty members or his consumer base. so any info he releases on SF ahead of time is a perk and done as a teaser.

his main client base are the stores that carry his brand plus his loyalty members that receive the bulk of their information from newsletters. SF is a great community that he uses to gauge and test interest but we are also the most demanding and particular and honestly unreasonable for the scale of his operation. just food for thought.

i understand this post will get buried in 30 min but everyone on here seems to find mauro completely unreasonable, but in context we are all getting more than he has to. everyone else is waiting for that once in awhile golden email newsletter

8 people like this.
  13. stafa

stafa Senior member

look i understand he's short handed but i also see him wasting valuable time of his continuously answering questions he could easily streamline.

i even pointed this out to him on his chinos release... all he did was tell us chinos were coming (without any details about colors or a new cut/sizing) and puts it up in a newsletter and then complains to us on here the day of release how he's surprised they didn't sell more. wherever his customers are (SF or otherwise) they would all benefit from him posting this information in one central place (the website). releasing these things as surprises doesn't work, especially when things have changed quite a bit like sizing.

14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Well, you know what they say about guys with short hands . . .

15. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Not trying to turn this into a big debate, but don't you think it's counterintuitive to just go silent for weeks/months and expect people to remember your brand (especially customers that don't visit SF)? Most of us acknowledge that it's a one man show, and as such, understand that new product doesn't necessarily come in as much, updates aren't as frequent, etc.
    At the same time, it would be stupid for Mauro to NOT give little tidbits on the forum and keep customers engaged. I think stafa's request is completely reasonable, and all Mauro would have to do is add a line or two about the release time frame, fabric (which he does), etc.

16. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Also, if your business model is changing to a more crowd sourced model, what will happen to the loyalty members? I imagine the discount won't be as significant, or will it be eliminated altogether?

17. randomkoreandude

so what you are asking for him to do is provide every detail upfront BEFORE the newsletter? how does that benefit him at all? and then whats the point of the newsletter? everything would come out piecemeal. you even said that he puts it all in the newsletter. if people dont buy the product then they dont buy it, but i dont see the advantage of him answering everyones questions upfront if it doesnt translate to more sales. if all the info is included in the newsletter along with the product, what more do you want?

again any info that is pre-released to the newsletter on sf or anywhere is a free teaser. what other retailer or brand does anything like that? you cant email or call up RL, jcrew, apc, or whatever brand you follow and ask for this. so why do you expect and demand hand holding here when his operation is even smaller?

i mean you can argue against having the whole newsletter model in the first place, but thats a different issue. releasing info on particular products ahead of time to me comes to no benefit of mauro or the brand. if anything, he risks more of his reputation everytime he says guys XYZ is coming out next month. and then if theres a delay or a change, everyone on here gets all mad and up in arms. i would understand if his answering questions would lead to direct sales PRE newsletter, but they dont. they may lead to more sales AFTER newsletter if people want more detail

1 person likes this.
  18. randomkoreandude

he is giving tidbits. its relative how much info mauro should be providing besides the fact that something is coming. go back through this entire forum. how many times do people get pissed when mauro doesnt meet his target deadline for delivery or the color changes or wasnt what he originally disclosed?

im a consumer and i would love for him to provide more detail. i get what you are saying. but from his perspective, every time its not exactly what he disclosed in terms of timing or fit or color or options or sizing or amounts or quantity/available, we on SF are the biggest to cry foul. no one else gives him the amount of grief taht we do and for what? whats the point for him? we are also the most cost conscious of his consumers. again these are all generalities but history on SF has proven that the more that he discloses the more crap he receives

3 people like this.
  19. randomkoreandude

and id like to mention that if you were going to purchase a product, you will purchase it regardless of what info you had previous to the actual release. the only difference with releasing tidbits of info ahead of time is for hype. and maybe hype works for other brands, but here, it has only caused more problems and criticism

1 person likes this.
  20. stafa

stafa Senior member

if his business model is to just surprise his customers with releases then he needs to be more clear about that and forget about posting updates to instagram, facebook and here. but i can tell you WvG does not have the brand equity to operate like this on a consistent basis and be successful.

you want an example of how my suggestion would boost sales? i bought olive chinos a few weeks before mauro released his. if i had known he was releasing olive chinos i would've at the minimum considered his version. but i had no way of knowing that because it was all a surprise. why do you think all those retailers you announced have pictures of their upcoming clothing months in advance?

the newsletter is there to announce that they're up on the website. there is nothing inherently special about it. as for him getting the dates wrong, that just seems to be a classic case of over promising and under delivering. i'm not asking him to over promise. i'm asking him to offer more clarity on what he is offering so we can make more informed decisions on whether to buy. but again, if the model is to just surprise release for customers then that is the model and nothing i am saying is helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.