• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Louys , thank you I will make more for Spring/Summer 14.

Pictures of the Fall'13 Turtleneck are up on Facebook and instgram. I will put up the crew neck pics Monday. I tweaked the sweaters from last fall. This year I slimmed down the arms. I also slimmed the body a tad. The rib on the cuff and neck have been thickened and the sweater is woven denser than last season. The sweater is heavy as **** considering. To give you an idea a J.crew makes 4 to 5 sweaters per Kilo of yarn. I make two sweaters per kilo. If someone could be so kind as to share the pics on this thread that would be most kind.
I am back from my trip, jet lagged like a mother ******. I had an amazing time and am ready to get things cooking for fall'13.

The newsletter will drop Monday or Tuesday.

glad to hear this. love my green cashmere from last year but always wanted thicker ribbing on the collar.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
i'm about to sign up for the loyalty program. i just measure a couple of my button downs that fit properly and it looks like i am spot on a size small in WvG before dinner, probably the same for after dinner. do i need to account for shrinking? how to you guys wash/dry you shirts? will they shrink if washed on cold, tossed in the dryer on low for a few minutes, and then hung to dry?

do most people stick with the same size between BD and AD, just assuming the AD will be slightlymore relaxed bc it doesn't have darts?

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
For me it's: I wear a large BD, and could fit into a medium AD. But the length on the medium AD doesn't fit me, so I always get the large BD (and now large monkey arms). I was just washing my shirts separately, and gently. I would hang dry and then iron. I only noticed shrinkage on one -- my red anchors shirts. It makes me sad, as I lost an inch or so on length, so it looks shorter now. I think that was due to the material, as that shirt I only had dry cleaned.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some people who wear AD can't comfortably wear BD regardless of size :embar: Your size between the two will either be the same or down 1 for AD depending on how they fit you.

Shrinkage isn't a serious concern from my experience, no different than any other shirt. I always cold wash, dry low for a few minutes to get out wrinkles, then hang damp until dry. Haven't had any issues does this.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
great. thanks guys. for what it's worth i'm about 5'-8", 145-150 lbs, chest ~37.75".
i sent mauro an email with a few other questions. i'm excited to grab a few shirts next week!

i did notice the lengths on the WvG shirts seem a little shorter than all the button downs I currently own. Are these designed to be untucked for the most part?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wear mine untucked, wouldn't be able to keep them tucked if I wanted. 6' and I take monkey arm medium. You should be good in a small.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

great. thanks guys.  for what it's worth i'm about 5'-8", 145-150 lbs, chest ~37.75".  
i sent mauro an email with a few other questions.  i'm excited to grab a few shirts next week!

i did notice the lengths on the WvG shirts seem a little shorter than all the button downs I currently own.  Are these designed to be untucked for the most part?  

With your proportions you will be able to tuck in or untuck, not a problem.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One more thing I forgot, I am still jet lagged, old age sucks. To all the people I didn't ship shirts to that won a free shirt from the contest hit me up. I want to mail out your shirts before the sale starts, except for Poppa you wished me ill will and harm on my flight. I gave your shirt to some bum on the street. Have a great day!

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

great. thanks guys.  for what it's worth i'm about 5'-8", 145-150 lbs, chest ~37.75".  
i sent mauro an email with a few other questions.  i'm excited to grab a few shirts next week!

i did notice the lengths on the WvG shirts seem a little shorter than all the button downs I currently own.  Are these designed to be untucked for the most part?  

If the shirts don't quite work out, Mauro offers a MTM service as well in a plethora of fabrics. It's a little more expensive but isn't a killer.

Last edited:

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
great. thanks guys. for what it's worth i'm about 5'-8", 145-150 lbs, chest ~37.75".
i sent mauro an email with a few other questions. i'm excited to grab a few shirts next week!

i did notice the lengths on the WvG shirts seem a little shorter than all the button downs I currently own. Are these designed to be untucked for the most part?

I'm 5'7" and can wear them untucked or tucked in. Some materials shrink more than others, but the back is usually a bit longer so it'll stay tucked. You'd probably be a Small BD for a fitted shirt, or a Small AD for something more relaxed.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro - I love the stuff you are putting out. But frankly I have no idea where to look for it - half the time it is here (and then I am looking through pages of posts for details), some of the time instagram, never on the website...

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its the same for me i'm looking all over for the releases and waiting for more collar options to arrive before i jump on.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't even look on the website anymore :confused: Hardly any monkey arm shirts. Did scroll through the other day and saw a few I didn't recognize and remember thinking, "when did that drop?" Honestly, it wouldn't bother me if all the ordering was handled through tote holder emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads