1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msg

msg Senior member

By "washing" do you mean wash on warm/hot and dry? Not clear how washing, especially on cold setting, will change the fabric.

2. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Completely forgot about bday month. With Mauro out of town any way I can get an email with the code?

3. trig

trig Senior member

well bday code used to be 50% off and the tote code is already now 50% off. is there still even a bday code?

4. g2x222

g2x222 Active Member

I couldn't wear anything too crazy at work, but I wore this for the USA match today

[​IMG]

WvG liberty tattersall, WvG navy chinos, Quoddy white suede blucher mocs w/ red brick soles.

1 person likes this.
  5. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

It's a great shirt. Smart move!

Meh look.
    If you hot wash and hot dry (especially on high) you will get some shrinking. If you cold wash and tumble dry low, you won't get much in the way of shrinking. Our fabrics are pre-shrunk, but if you get any fabric hot enough it'll shrink a little more.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Luge ftw!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. stafa

stafa Senior member

This is why people are constantly confused. So the shrinkage that is supposed to occur on the popovers is only when you wash hot? That specific detail was never mentioned before. It was just said that they would shrink to the normal WvG sizing after a wash or two.

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

If you are concerned about the life of your clothes, do them and yourself a favor and never wash hot, and always hang dry. You'll get a ton more life out of your clothes, better color saturation (less fading), and they won't shrink on you.

The only clothes I wash on hot anymore are raw denim that I'm trying to shrink down to their original size (due to stretching).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

Here's where the confusion lies: we have no way of knowing how you wash or dry your clothes. Shrinkage (and shrinking to "normal size") depends on the temperature of your water, the wash and dry cycles you use and how often you're washing and drying your clothes. I'd look at it this way: if the popover is a little big, do a warm (I'd avoid hot at first) wash with a low tumble dry. See how much it shrinks and how it fits on you. If it's still a little big, wash it again, maybe on hot.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

^agreed i washed all of my clothes in cold water gentle cycle hang dry. Unless I'm trying to shrinking something on purpose

11. stafa

stafa Senior member

I agree 100%. I don't wash anything on hot. It's just that we were told the popovers have extra fabric to account for the shrinkage that is going to happen when you wash them. It came off as these will inevitably shrink to the normal fit.
    I get what you're saying and I'm not trying to be nit-picky. I just think the message could have been clearer when we were told they would shrink. I think it would have been better to say "Wash the shirts in warm/hot to shrink them" instead of "the popovers will shrink after a few washes" I personally know that washing warm or hot can cause shrinkage and I was still under the impression they were going to shrink once I washed them, hot cycle or cold.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Or everyone could just buy looser shirts like @Mauro suggested and then not give a crap if they tighten up a bit or not after hot washes.

13. veekta

veekta Senior member

well i wash cold and tumble dry low and my raspberry popover front length shrank from 26.5-25.75, so there is still some shrinkage that occurs when washing cold

14. trig

trig Senior member

that's from your dryer not washing cold

2 people like this.
  15. irbe

irbe Senior member

I just got my chinos in the navy. I'm a canadian so I have mario ship my stuff down to my mailbox in the US so it takes awhile as I don't awlays go there.

Bang for buck these are very much on par with Wings and Horns (have 3 pairs) & Unis (have 2 pairs). The tote price you can usually get W+H & Unis on sale. Standout thing about the chinos is how soft they are. I always thought canvas was a rougher cotton. They feel like a brush cotton, and 10 oz gives the pant a beefy feel. Only imporvement I can give back that I think was mention is the back pockets seem a little shallow and the inner button is clear plastic. Not deal breakers. I would order the british khakie if they do a restock. I'm a size 30 for both W+H and Unis GIO and went with a 31 on WvG. All in all a fine product.

16. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

No more birthday code AFAIK.

17. trig

trig Senior member

18. msg

msg Senior member

The other concern about shrinking is that the fabric won't shrink in just one spot, right? It's like the people who just do situps all day and wonder why they don't have abs. Seems risky to try and shrink just for the length.

19. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

ETA for new tees both looser crew and scoop? I have money and am waiting... can't wait!

20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I know fall is still a ways away at this point - or maybe not so much from the perspective of planning the season - but any thoughts as to coming out with a thick black watch plaid flannel shirt at some point? The only 'normal' one (no random yellow or red or anything, just green/black/blue) I've seen lately is from Pendleton, and they make the shortest, boxiest, hecho-en-Mejico-est shirts I've tried on in a good long while.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.