1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Ya I really wish someone else would step in to help Mauro. Seems like he has too much on his plate at times and leaves his customers confused. The whole issue on the rise seems easily avoided. As soon as people were questioning how low they were (before they went on sale) this could've been addressed.
    Mauro this isn't an attack but just some advice. Still think the quality of your clothing is bar none but the business side needs some work.

2. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

Mauro, I'll take that job now. I'm a web designer so I can help you with that aspect. Oh, I do photography too. My salary requirements are one shirt per day until I have all of the shirts and then money.

2 people like this.
  3. g2x222

g2x222 Active Member

I've been communicating w/ Mauro. Actually, the return should have arrived today. Out of curiosity, was the pair actually the labeled size?

Looking forward to getting the new pair!

4. falathar

falathar Senior member

Anyone know how much (if any) the chinos will shrink in the wash? Looking to get my hemmed and not sure whether to account for shrinkage.

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

Fruit moon. I am so sorry. I know I should give you a free pair of chinos and a shirt of your inconvenience. How could I not have responded. I just don't know what got over me. Maybe I had to work? Maybe I had to take care of my customers? Maybe I had other things that where more pressing than apologizing again and again for not posting the waistband measurements.
    Don't be a shit stirrer. No one wants that on this thread. We all know what has to be done. Please take it somewhere else. Have a good night.
    Do not post on MY thread again. I don't need your negativity and the active members don't need to be drawn into the pot. The lurkers don't need to hear me bitch at some spoiled little brat. Now go run along and throw shit in someone else's thread.

As for everyone else. I know I am an active member and I appreciate you looking out for me but I don't need to be ganged up on. In the end I feel as long as I am making top quality garments and giving excellent customer service I deserve a little leeway.I know most are just trying to be helpful but I can oly do so much at a time. I just hired a new web company , assistant ,and am working on a photographer. I have a new copy writer doing his job now. You will see a lot in the next few weeks. If you can't except how small I am maybe I am just not the brand you need to be looking at right now. I hate to say that but I don't need dragged through the ringer about every small detail. In time everything will be fixed. I will meet or exceed your expectations.

The waistband/rise issue wasn't so horrible. I am still offering free shipping. I still have only received two returns out of close to 100 pair of chinos. One clients thighs were to diesel like I said before and the other came in today with no note no nothing so I assume he didn't like the fit. That's a hell of a percentage of happy campers. I have about 100 pair left. I am looking forward to selling them. If you need help with sizing I am here like always.

Right now, I am working on the photographer so I can get the shorts, chambray's , and pop -overs out. I am still working on tee's and underwear. I will be leaving for Italy and the end of the month to complete a very long denim project I started back in 2009. I would like all lose ends tied up by then. Hopefully by November you will be able to add some denim into your collection and you will L-O-V-E the price.
    That's about it. As you can read I am very busy and WvG Bot is not answering questions as quickly as he should so that needs to be addressed on top of all the other things.

If we can let's stay civil. I like it chill.I really like the direction the thread has been going. I don't want to go into drink bleach mode. No one gains from that, specially not me. Just be stoked that I am going to deliver some incredibly wonderful fabrics for Summer and I think you will like what I am offering.
    Several new colors of over dyes will be releasing to it will be the end of the first batch so when these are basically sold through I will make new ones with the original fit.

Have a good night.

Best,

Mauro

3 people like this.
  6. Mauro

1% to 3% of total length ( including waistband) if they shrink at all. The fabric was prepared for dye and was washed/treated in industrial machines. I would wash two or three times and them hem just to be safe.

1 person likes this.
  7. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

For those of us who know Mauro in real life (which is a fair number of posters in this thread), you know that he sometimes comes off harsher than he means to online - and I also want to apologize for anyone who might have been insulted by the unintended tone of his post.

If you need any specific measurements, please get in touch with us as always. As always, we also have an excellent return policy and stand by our products 100% - if you're unhappy, if something doesn't fit, we'll take care of you.

Some of the disconnect as far as measurements comes from two main areas:

1. Every business measures their clothing differently. On StyleForum we talk about things like "Blue in Green style measurement," but really every store has at least some differences: do you measure a waistband flat or with a natural dip? Do you measure thigh at waist or thigh an inch or two down? What we need to do to correct this is better explain how and where we're taking measurements from. As I mentioned above, if you want a specific measurement, please just ask! Unfortunately I'm not actually with the products so I'm not able to specifically measure pieces, but if your post here isn't getting answered, email us directly or even send me a PM and I'll reach out to Mauro personally.

2. Mauro is a lot more involved in the actual tailoring and construction of products than most designers (and store owners, because Wolf vs. Goat is also an independent store). We talk all the time here about how our clothing, regardless of if the fit is for you, is probably the best produced clothing in its price range (and much higher) and that's because Mauro is personally involved in the manufacturing process, to the point where, as seen above, he's defaulting to measurements and terms more familiar to a tailor instead of the average customer. Again, this is something we need to correct - and the solution here isn't to get angry at you, the customer.

This is a lot of words, but the take away is this: we stand by our products 100%. I want you to purchase Wolf vs. Goat clothing not because of any financial incentive, but because the clothing is amazingly made. Stepping outside of the WvGBot persona, I wear Wolf vs. Goat almost every day of the week. I wear it to work. I wear it to the mall. I've worn it for many years, and I've been a customer far longer than I've been associated with the brand. I never want an interaction you have with myself or Mauro or anyone else associated with the brand to cause you to not buy our clothing. If anything we've done has made you less likely to give us a chance, I'm sorry.

2 people like this.
  8. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

To also follow up a little, I also want to comment a little on how small Wolf vs. Goat is. Mauro is pretty much the only full-time employee - and while part of the advantage of having a very small payroll is lower prices for our customers, it can result in some delays in communication. I apologize for that - it's not an excuse.

The best way to contact us is always through email. Please don't PM Mauro. If I miss a post, or for some reason I'm not on the ball (I'm actually in the process of planning a wedding, which is both expensive and horribly time consuming), please tag with the "@" sign, or quote one of my posts. I promise I'll be here as fast as I can.

9. msg

msg Senior member

Cool. Chambrays and popovers. Send out the pics.

10. fruitmoon

fruitmoon Member

I'm sorry if I've offended you, and I don't feel owed or entitled to anything other than basic respect. Maybe embarrassed was too strong of a word, but your recent replies to fadedsong and myself are, in my opinion, a blemish on your otherwise great customer service. I like your product and I wish you luck, but I'm sorry to say you've lost my business.

11. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

Oh no! One person lost!

1 person likes this.
  12. msg

msg Senior member

How about everyone post some fit pics?

Sounds like WvG is taking steps, no need to relitigate this discussion.

13. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

More fit pics of chinos please :). Also how soft are these? Assuming they'll become softer with age.

14. joshg8

joshg8 Well-Known Member

They're buttery soft. I'll get some fit pics going once I hem mine up.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Chambrays. Pop overs. WHERE

16. divot

divot Active Member

I'd like to see some more pics of the olive chinos. They look more forest green than olive, and I want to make sure before joining the rewards program and ordering a pair.

17. veekta

veekta Senior member

[​IMG]

60s denim Chino with white wvg tee. The duck canvas is very nice and especially soft out of the wash. It def shrunk on me after two washes, but not more than the expected amount and it fits better because of it. I'm also looking to see more pics of the olive color, as I am prob going to pick that up along with a popover once those are released

1 person likes this.
  18. Mauro

Awesome. Totally casual. Looks great.

1 person likes this.
  19. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

What size is that?

20. veekta

veekta Senior member

its a size 28. I've havent gotten it properly hemmed so i've just been folding it inwards at the bottom. (gotta get off my lazyass and do that soon)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.