1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Well I'm dumb. Or at least tired. I'm looking at the white, grey, and black shirts then. Is the fabric known?

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

60% Bamboo 40% Sorona (a special combination that insulates for warmth and breathes for coolness simultaneously)

3. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

The overdyes are using the t-shirt fabric? Huh, I would have thought they were button shirts.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Oh, my bad, Lohikaarme. Conflated a couple of posts reading down on my phone. No, I assume the overdyes won't be made of the tee material . . .

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

Cotton

1 person likes this.
  6. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Like oxford? Or more like pinpoint or broad cloth?

7. msg

msg Senior member

Grey tee shirt:[​IMG]

8. Mauro

My over dyed oxfords are 30's oxford made" Prepared for Dye" in Japan. I use a 30's cotton because I use enzymes , softeners, dye, and silicon to give them a particular hand. A low thread count allows the yarn to take a beating with out getting fragile so it can still be incredibly soft at the same time being durable.
    Technically oxford and pinpoint are the same thing but pinpoint has a higher thread count and uses a finer yarn. Just like duck canvas is the same as oxford but duck canvas is much heavier. It's all about the gauge. The way the fabric is weaved is the same. I hope this helps a little.

9. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

Great pictures! Thanks for the support.
    Think an extremely soft oxford. It's very different from a royal oxford - imagine your favorite oxford shirt that you've washed twenty times and is soft enough to clean your sunglass lenses with. They're really great.

10. aperret

aperret Member

I thought the White Japanese Oxford was supposed to restock yesterday. Any word on when that restock will be happening?

11. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

How's the opacity on the overdyed white? I really want to grab one, but I hate wearing undershirts and it's not always OK for visible nipples. The eggshell tee is very sheer, for instance. Sadly my only oxford shirts I can compare to are Uniqlo (still a bit see through) and the Outlier airforged (opaque).

12. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

While I have not handled the latest versions, I own one of the past versions and it's completely opaque.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

If it's anything like the original run of white overdye, it will not be that see through at all. I absolutely love that shirt.

14. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Sounds great. I'll have to grab one then. Oh, but maybe I'll want an MTM one so I can get it without a pocket or maybe with a hidden placket... Ah the struggle. How long does MTM usually take?

15. nothclif

nothclif Well-Known Member

Same for me, absolutely love the fit but having a hard time fitting my fat fucking head through the neck opening.

16. Mauro

You need to take baby steps. An over dye MTM shirt is expensive. One off dye is expensive. You might want to read the Wolf vs Goat Blog. You need to understand the difference between a tee shirt and the gauge in which it's spun and how an oxford is woven. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. I appreciate your support and am happy to see you are excited. Baby steps.

17. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Aye, a previous reply made it sound like the tee was overdyed, which confused me. I know the difference otherwise.

18. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

How to size the shorts - assuming my size is still remaining. Measure current pants measurement and get that, no vanity sizing? Just sold some stuff so have a little spending money for clothes heh.

19. Mauro

20. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

Been enjoying the blog posts, keep them up Mauro [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.