1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

My entry: Custom WvG Super 130s. Got married in it and Mauro was on point with the entire process. Great experience overall and very happy with the purchase.
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  2. ajg esp

ajg esp Active Member

The tropical olive one? That was from a past newsletter - same design but the background was actually navy. "Picnic" is just the WvG name for short sleeve.

Mauro, just curious, why does it seem to happen every now and then that the newsletter preorder sample has the same pattern but on a different color from the final shirt? I preordered this one and prefer the olive, so I'm happy about it. Just wanted to know how that happens.

3. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

YOU ROCK!

4. Mauro

The olive shirt is a not chambray.

The reason the color changes sometimes is because the mill screws up my order and sends me the wrong fabric or in this case I have a couple color options coupled with the mill sending me the wrong color. I leave for Mexico in a few days. The worst possible week to leave. I have a shit load of new tropical and Japanese prints dropping this coming week along with the solid basics.

Sometimes either my interns or myself make mistakes. Like the AD NAVY FLORAL and Khaki floral only coming out in short sleeve. That was a mistake on the intern. In the end to me it's no big deal because I know I will hook you or who ever with something you will probably like even more. In this case it's the olive. However I would wait for navy. I have a couple different navy prints and you will love them.

A newsletter will drop tomorrow with some good info and the oxford colors will be released. The pictures didn't come out as nice as the actual fabrics. Ocean air and Milano Red are the hot picks for me followed by my version of Robin's egg blue.

I have more shirts being delivered today so I will post them on the social media sites. I am getting ready to post a really fun shirt now.
    While I am gone WvGbot will answer all the questions he/she/it can. I appreciate the support.

5. Mauro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Japanese good luck shirt

6. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

Great pictures of some Wolf vs. Goat suits! Our tailored clothing is exceptionally well made, and our made-to-measure program is pretty much unbeatable for the price, especially if you live in DC. I know as a brand most people know us for our great shirting, but more people should give the tailoring a try - its where the high-end construction really shines.

Also, as Mauro said, happy to answer questions until he gets back.

7. cinnabar

cinnabar Well-Known Member

That good luck shirt looks awesome.

Hey WvG Bot - what sort of options are available for MTM suits if not in the DC area or anywhere close? Can you send a RTW sample suit and base changes off of that fit(a la Kent Wang) or have a customer ship you a suit to take measurements from?

8. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

For suiting, unfortunately we only generally only do local MTM at this time. It's hard to do MTM suiting without in-person fittings, and we want to produce a quality product. Feel free to shoot us an email though, and maybe we could work something out.

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I agree; these suit photos are incredible. If any indication, @Mauro, as soon as I graduate I'm contacting you for MTM.

10. Mauro

sustained

1 person likes this.
  11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I don't even remember when the olive tropical went out. Was it the same newsletter as the other tropical prints?

12. effang

effang Senior member

nice. shirt looks really good and less contrasty/pajama then i would expect. post some more pics of it please!

13. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Are there any chances of a hidden placket and/or pocketless button shirt to drop soon?

14. Mauro

15. clean0

clean0 Member

Hey Mauro, did the newsletter drop yet? Wondering if I am getting it or not (new rewards member)

16. Mauro

No. 3pm EST

Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter. We always post announcements there. Sometimes we miss here. Newsletters always drop at 3pm EST.
    Normally you receive two a month, the first Tuesday of the month and the last tuesday of the month. This is a special newsletter. You won't be able to buy anything in this one but it will be good to read.

17. clean0

clean0 Member

Thanks Mauro!

Another thing- are the sleeves/arms on the AD shirts a little roomier than the BD shirts?

The medium BD shirt fits me well, but the sleeves are tighter than I would like and the shirt is cramped when I raise my arms. I large BD is a little baggy and the shoulders are a bit too big.

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

@Mauro - you have to be real excited to go to Mexico. Getting away from the cold temperatures.

19. Mauro

Haha funny guy

A high arm hole does that. The AD has a lower arm hole and more room. Start getting medium AD's.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.