1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kicker245

kicker245 Senior member

I love the AD fit, I just wished you offered more shirts in it!

1 person likes this.
  2. thisstylishlife

thisstylishlife Active Member

Maybe Mauro can answer these questions, or someone else on here with some WvG experience, thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find a size chart for anything on the site. I wear GBV oxfords in a size medium and that's about as slim as I'd want to go in the chest and body. My Naked and Famous slim oxford is a size large and the arms are too tight to role. What size/cut would you suggest?

How are the spread collar shirts, are they more of a fine poplin rather than the oxford cloth? Do they work well with suit and tie or are they more casual? None of the site pics show what they look like buttoned all the way up.

And, sorry if this has been asked before, but why are both buttons done up on all of the suits? Is this the intended design?

3. tablloyd

tablloyd Member

If the AD fit came with a box pleat I'd be all over it

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Size chart is a bit all over the place at the moment. It shows up for some thing and not other so it confusing. I wear a ssmall in most brands for tops, including Gitman, and I wear a small in WvG AD shirts for reference.

I can't stand box pleats so I'm actually happy that Mauro doesn't use them. Box pleats look especially bad on a non-darted/slim shirt like the AD shirts or similar because it creates an ugly billowing effect rather than a clean line down the back. Wish the box pleat would just dissapear from men's shirting.

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

I don't use box pleats for a reason. A box pleat is basically a dart or it's suppose to be. I use darts instead. In the case of the AD the shirt is already slim. The box pleat would serve no purpose other than a visual effect. I personally don't like them. However if enough people wanted a box pleat I would make a shirt or two for those people.

Today's blog will make you think a little, not to much but enough.

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/12719877-why-shorts-should-cost-as-much-pants

6. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

We're working on redoing the size chart, and it should be up shortly.

For you, though, I'd recommend either a Before Dinner size Large or an After Dinner size Medium. Compared to your Gitman shirt, the After Dinner will feel similar, while the Before Dinner Large will be slightly shorter and slightly slimmer in the sleeves (although likely not as slim as your Naked & Famous shirt).

Also remember we have an excellent exchange policy, and we'll always work to make sure you have a shirt you're happy with.

I would say the spread collar shirts are appropriate for a suit, but might be a little too casual for the most formal of occasions, although it does depend on the specific fabric. The collar shape is good and is designed to be worn either with, or without, a tie.

I'm a little embarrassed (and always have been) that both buttons are buttoned on the suit -- they're definitely not designed that way. We'll be fixing it when we reshoot! Sometimes small details can get lost in the hustle and bustle of photo shoots.

7. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support! There will be lots of After Dinner in the future.

8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

And lots of Before Dinner Monkey Arms? :)

9. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

That's the plan!

But remember that preorders are guaranteed (hint hint...)

10. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Awesome, glad to hear it. I prefer pre-orders anyway, since I get to hem and haw over the options a little bit and pick exactly what I want instead of digging through the web site and maybe settling for a second choice because my size is sold out for my first choice.

Couple of questions:

- I think Mauro mentioned at some point that it wasn't a big deal to add 1" of sleeve and/or body length to a shirt. Does this hold for all pre-orders or just for special-run fabrics?
    - Will the next round of chinos still be zipper fly, or are button fly models on the horizon?

Thanks!

11. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Kind of new to this, but do we get an e-mail or something to let us know pre-orders are available? Also, similar to what notwithit asked - could we instead shave a couple inches off the sleeves on pre-orders?

Thanks!

12. stafa

stafa Senior member

Preorders and such are available for the rewards members.

13. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

There are some additional sizing options that can be made on pre-orders. Send us an email when placing an order with the details of what you'd like done, and we can discuss if it's a possibility. For any significant changes to the pattern, we do have very affordable made-to-measure, which might be a great option, especially if you're close to the DC area.

The next run of chinos (the $110 chinos we've been talking about that will be arriving soon) will be zip fly, but future chinos will have both zip fly and button fly options. We're working on the pattern changes now.
    Pre-orders are only available to our Rewards Members, and with pre-orders you can have some sleeve length subtracted. Pre-orders are announced through our newsletters.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  14. irbe

irbe Senior member

Mauro will the next chino run 110.00 be a light weight summer chino or is it a mid weight one you can wear all year round?

15. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

The run dropping at the end of this month should be around $110.00 and it's a sanded canvas that you can wear all year around. The light weight supima cotton is for the bloodline trouser.
    The next run of chinos will be a light weight poplin but I think massdrop is taking all the units.

16. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Thanks for the info guys. I am a rewards member, but mainly just wanted to make sure that I would get an e-mail or something notifying me when pre-orders are available.

17. jimney

jimney Senior member

Can body length be subtracted with pre-orders? Also, on a related note, are the Picnic shirts in Before-Dinner the same body length as the long sleeve shirts?

18. WvGBot

WvGBot Well-Known Member

Yes you definitely will!
    Yes you can subtract body length with pre-orders, but for significant changes I'd suggest giving MTM a try. As far as I know, the body length will be the same for short-sleeve shirts.

I'd also like to personally recommend our slub fabric shirts - the fabric is soft, extremely breathable, and is perfect for the summer. I'd grab a shirt now to make sure you're prepped for when this horrible winter ends.

Another tip: it's really easy to get the darts let on Before Dinner shirts (usually $5 and a quick trip to a tailor). If you've tried one of your shirts and you've found that you love how Before Dinner fits in the shoulders, arms, and chest, but it's a little too tapered in the waist, have the darts let out.

19. mothball

mothball Senior member

Llama shirt

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. jimney

jimney Senior member

Just got a rewards membership - super excited. Shame I missed out on the red anchor picnic shirt, though. Will I be emailed instructions for pre-orders and such?

Also, I'm having some trouble with the top drop-down menus - they disappear before I can click anything (there seems to be a gap between "Tops" and where the menu appears when I hover, for example). I'm on a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina with OS X 10.9.2, and I've recreated the same problem on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.