1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Honestly not one of the shirts meet the minimum.

If I could get two more #1 = I would be set

If I got could get rid of one #2 = I would be set, right now I need 10 more.

I need to either get 10 more of #5 or cancel 4 shirts

# 6 I need 3 more shirts or I need to cancel one.

Well boys we learned our lesson next poll will cost $30.00 and it will be non-refundable.

Best,

Mauro

1 person likes this.
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

So you're saying I should amend my first choice so that #1 is more likely to get made?

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

10 is so many! Could do a one time "toteholder preview" over on reddit and see if any of them bite. I just want my shirt to be made :(

4. Mauro

#1 is being made.

# 2 is being made more than likely one person will get a refund.

#5 is being made but I think 4 people will get a refund.

#6 is being made hopefully I don't have to refund someone

The numbers weren't good. I think I might get one or two votes tonight for #1 That would make me happy 2 more orders would be ideal but no more than that.

# 5 was pretty bad- 64 people voted for #5 , 13 bought, I would love to get 5 to 7 more people by tomorrow.

#6 was just dismal - 89 people voted for #6 , 5 people bought it. Ideally for me if I got 4 people I would be set.

I will eat the surcharge for the fabric so every can get their shirts. I might have to refund a couple people.
    Like we have been saying for the last couple pages people like to vote just to vote. Those days are over. I am more than happy to make your shirts. Now they will be super exclusive.
    You never know how tonight and tomorrow morning will pan out.
    I am going to bed.

Best,

Mauro

5. ajg esp

ajg esp Active Member

I assume these numbers are due to ordering minimum size rolls of the fabric. Would there be any discount to you by ordering another roll? You might get more takers at lower price points.

6. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Get on #1 people! A heavy wool shirt that fits well? Boomtown.

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Just can't afford to right now :( Same reason I didn't pick up 5...

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Probably not enough to warrant purchasing an entire extra roll. It's not like he's getting one roll for $200 or two rolls for $250. It's probably more like two for $380. (All hypothetical but knowing a bit about purchasing, his economies of scale won't gain him much saving on a unit basis)

10. ajg esp

ajg esp Active Member

bdeuce - You're probably right on the extra roll not getting much savings for the fabric itself, but Mauro did say shipping cost a ton on the heavier wools. Could be significant savings there.

11. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

I think the real solution here is to make 10 people switch their orders over to #2.

2 people like this.
  12. msg

msg Senior member

Just a couple comments:

1) As a consumer with a limited amount of money to spend, the timing of the MTO wasn't ideal. The last newsletter had some great stuff in it: the hoodie, the beanies. That forces me to pick where I spend my money. In other words, the MTO flannels are competing with everything else. Separating the flannels in a different newsletter and not timing them so closely with the other stuff might've helped.

2) Having to pay 100% up-front means that I'm paying money today that I won't see as a product for a while. In contrast, all the other stuff in the newsletter is available for immediate purchase and use. Again, at the current price points, committing 100% up-front is a significant opportunity cost. I have no idea of what the economics of this are, so fuck me, but, in contrast, the NMWA pre-order for Inis Meain was 50% up-front and 50% on delivery. I realize there's risk in that, but there's, perhaps, more opportunity: $100 today and $100 later is probably more acceptable to a larger audience than $200 today.

3) During the poll, I voted for #2 and #6, but, in the end, for the reasons above, I bought only #2.

4) If you decide to charge for MTO polls, I'd pay, but $30 is a bit steep. I bet $10 would accomplish the same result and be much more acceptable.

I fucking love the fabris that you picked out Mauro. I really hope my pre-order for #2 goes through.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  13. reezy

reezy Senior member

When the shirts are made, most of you will just regret not getting them. :foo:

1 person likes this.
  14. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

purchased 5, hoping that'll be made.

15. Mauro

Volume discount? I wish. I would have to buy at least 1,000 yards to get a price break. Again, for transparency the wool was $32.00 per yard. It takes 2.3 to 2.5 yards to create one shirt depending on width of the fabric which they are all narrow goods :( This is why quality wool costs so much) I also suggested reading into Pendleton. I receive wool from them that was $80.00 per yard.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

:crazy: Yeesh, I hope you're at least breaking even on these. That, combined with all of the other production and shipping costs, must be pretty brutal.

I'm all in favor of some sort of deposit for voting. I like the idea of paying some up front and some when they're ready to ship, but based on how much they cost to make it sounds like that wouldn't be feasible.

17. Mauro

When we start looking at expensive fabrics we will run into problems for awhile. My customer base is changing. I have more guys buying bigger ticket items and I am growing at a nice slow pace. The Wolf vs Goat team still has a lot to do on the website and blog. This additions and changes will help boost growth as well.
    I do appreciate everyone's support.

Here is the deal if anyone is still on the fence.

Fabric #1 I need one order and then it will be closed

Fabric #2 Closed. I have met the minimum but might have to refund one person.

Fabric #5 I have 5 openings left

Fabric #6 Closed. I might be able to make one more shirt but I am not sure. I will not take anymore orders on this fabric.

Best,

Mauro

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

you could do a NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE deposit for these. lots of retailers do this including SF's mto for vibergs and the many alden retailers.

spreading out the timing of the mto and the normal drops would help so agreed with msg

19. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

draft up a terms and conditions document.

20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

mauro cant afford my billable rate

but i do take free clothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.