• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBC Demon

Reaction score
I ordered a couple shirts in the fire-sale but I did it in separate orders. I was hoping they could put them in one order. I emailed Mauro but you guys are saying he is out of town. Is there another email that I can contact someone with? If not it's no biggie.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a couple shirts in the fire-sale but I did it in separate orders. I was hoping they could put them in one order. I emailed Mauro but you guys are saying he is out of town. Is there another email that I can contact someone with? If not it's no biggie.

They mentioned earlier in the thread (one or two pages ago) that they WOULD NOT combine orders during this sale.

I did the same thing (placed three separate orders) and while it'd be nice to combine the orders, I realize that even with shipping costs I'm getting a great deal and another $8 on each order isn't a big issue.

Last edited:

fazookie

Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't hear about this not combining orders for shipping stuff and I made two different orders, one using tote code and other using firesale. I'd be fine with paying more for shipping, should I just email mauro about it or as someone said above is he not around?

reydogg23

Reaction score
Copped some Justin chinos in khaki and navy. Looking forward to my first non shirt WvG items.

AchtungBaby07

Reaction score
You will be very pleased with the chino! Enjoy!

Construction and material are top notch as usual

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the obvious reason why shipping is not going to be combined is due to the massive undertaking that would take. so mauro can't guarantee he will catch and flag multiple orders not to mention the amazing deal all of these items are priced at to begin with. most of you guys put in multiple orders. i am sure if he sees it, he will combine where he can but dont expect miracles.

not to make excuses, but it is the reality of the situation. he literally is a one man show with a handful (3) people that help out from time to time, me included, when my schedule permits.

i think we all forget that WvG does not exist in a vacuum and the world does not revolve around SF. he has clients (toteholders and non) that either shop at affiliate stores or the website or even locally exclusively that have never even heard of SF ... then you account for the lurkers. plus the sale will open to public. SF surprisingly is also NOT the largest bulk of his sales yet we take up probably most of his customer service time -__- haha

SF is a great community and outlet to discuss and promote but we also are literally the HARDEST (most high-maintenance) people to please. we expect a lot from the products we buy on SF: ridiculous discounts for the highest quality product, we criticize everything from color to fit to angle of pictures (esp when pictures lie and are out of context half the time) and the most individualized customer service possible which is self evident from literally the hundreds of pm's and emails that I have received over the past two-ish years and im not even on wvg payroll!!!! haha.

all that being said, every comment and complaint and critique will only help mauro in the long run and even if he doesnt admit it vocally (or pleasantly) he is listening. u look at how the patterns have changed from season to season shows SF's influence ... easy examples are the introduction of longer (monkey arm) shirts, longer length in tee's and henleys and thermals, beefier collars to the button down shirts, etc.

anyway end of rant ... just putting things into perspective. WvG is not Jcrew or RL :foo:

a few of us are heading over on wednesday night to help him out. again if i see a name pop up twice ill try and combine but there are tons of orders and mauro's not organized to begin with so again dont expect much haha

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair, JCrew or RL would never combine shipping either. Coordinating that many orders is legitimately a pain **********.

Regarding future products, will there be poplin overdyes released? Would love some lighter weight fabrics to compliment my oxfords when the summer months roll around. Also would really like to see something in navy.

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What she order?

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That **** cray.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be fair, JCrew or RL would never combine shipping either. Coordinating that many orders is legitimately a pain **********.
Regarding future products, will there be poplin overdyes released? Would love some lighter weight fabrics to compliment my oxfords when the summer months roll around. Also would really like to see something in navy.

exactly thank you VLSI. the fact that mauro accommodates returns and exchanges on sale items plus with the manner in which people return items with no labels or identification is another ridiculous hassle haha

i dont know of poplin overdyes so mauro can speak to that. i did see at least 2-3 tencel fabrics that look SICK and are really lightweight and soft

ryosuke

Reaction score
Everything from the firesale literally sold out in 10 mins. All the BD shirts at least in smalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads