• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, sir. I sure do! You picked up the last wine tee.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shark- I am dropping your stuff off today. Please contain the beast. I would hate to see your stuff ruined. Me and Mia laugh every time we drive by your house, now.

sleu

Reaction score
Wearing the pine green oxford right now, the last few batches of shirts feel a bit bigger than the old one, but I love the color! Also the wool sweater is crazy soft and warm and at the sale price was an absolute steal!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sleu,
Maybe you have lost weight. Same fabric same factory same pattern.

Bubba- I hope you get mauled by wolves and eminem groupies.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Mauro have you shipped out my stuff yet?

Anyway for the chinos.. Haven't heard anything back from you

Last edited:

sleu

Reaction score
Ha, that would be a good way to look at it, may try a S BD next time

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ good thinking,

Brandon, I did. I will have the chinos ready when by the 6th so I will let you know then, ok?

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
Hey Mauro -- I'm really interested in finding out what the difference between "full fashion" and "whole garment" is. Apologies to everyone if it's a dumb question. I WANT TO LEARN!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not a dumb question at.

Whole garment construction is seamless. It's made as a "whole garment". It wastes less yarn and drapes better for certain pieces. It really shouldn't rip because the is no linking involved.

Full Fashion construction is sew in panels and then linked together. So when you sweaters rips that's why. The linking gives out. The pros to full fashion are intarsia and plackets. I can go deeper into the whole system later. I have to met a chick for lunch and drop RDK off. We just finished his suit.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love to hear more. But when I look at my shirts, they seem to be linked together, put together in different pieces? Is there a difference to what you're referencing compared to full fashion? Also, I'm assuming full fashion can be more like an assembly line where they make different parts, and then assemble them together. Where as whole garment maybe more personal, where it's put together in one spot?

Tell RKD to take pics of his suit...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i will soon ... patience is a virtue.

been super busy with the new job and then got sick after thanksgivnig dinner with mauro and his fam and friends. i blame the ridiculous amount of food!!!

but anyway i had to meet with mauro during my lunch break for final tweaking on the suit. i should get it back in a week or somethign when mauro's back from LA, then ill post pics

in the meantime, quick pics of mauro in his knicker suit, cashmere sweater, and old school run of shirts with wolverine 1000 mile boots

quick pic of me in the size medium (sized up 1) wine henley ... if you are a skinny asian or have a small chest, sizing up 1 NOT 2 is all that is needed. its very stretchy and this was right out of the vinyl

size small (normal size) wine t-shirt

size small BD pinpoint spread collar shirts (AMAZING) ... excuse the wrinkles since this was straight from vinyl packaging

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more of what has already been said ... these t-shirts are the softest things ever. feels more like pajama/lounge wear haha. the colors are great too and the pics online and posted do not show justice. it has a great speckled contrast throughout. navy, charcoal, wine all look great. i agree about a beefier rib at the arm hole though for next season and a slimmer arm throughout which mauro and i discussed. regardless these are a steal at the $30ish price for toteholders

for the henleys, i only have to size up 1. once you move in it and it stretches a bit, its more form fitting. sizing up 2 if you want a looser fit. ive owned all of mauro's previous henley/thermals and this is by far the best. the most substantial feel and fabric to date. its a great weight that feels thick and warm but yet soft and stretchy and perfect for layering

lastly, the new spread collar shirts are perfect for work. he also has the same two colors/fabric in button down collars as well. staple for any work/business casual wardrobe. the sheen and texture of the blue especially is great and on point. the fabric is 120-2ply or something like that ... mauro can chime in but its a great weight and feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads