• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kandalf-
Order your tote and then a code will be emailed to you. You will also start receiving tote holder emails.

All the pants are taking longer than I anticipated, I apologize. I am using the same factory as Unis and Band for my chino's. I thought I could use then for the dandy and slim dandy but I can't because they don't have the machinery needed to make the dandy pant to my specs. That's one part of the delay. The other part is the fit. I have pretty much nailed the fit for all tops, i.e. shirts, tees, jackets, blazers sweaters.
I want to do the same thing with my bottoms. I have spent a VERY VERY long time looking at bottoms from every possible bottoms company and am trying to make THE BEST universal bottom I can.
It's no easy feat. That's why a lot of SF approved bottoms don't show back pictures or feed you some kind of whack story about the bottoms that don't have relevance to the construction or quality of the actual garment. I noticed that even some of the most expensive bottoms with great attention to detail lack certain design flaws that will make the pant drape better. I literally keep rejecting samples and changing the pattern. I make all my patterns from scratch. We don't use someones elses stuff and tweak it. The dandy pant was great. Anyone who owned the dandy seems to really love it. I wore the **** out of my until a friend came over during a party and was to drunk so he took mine dandies. The problem was the little porker was bigger than me and squeezed his fat ass into my pants and popped a couple buttons.
I will sew them back on soon. The point is even though the dandy fit was awesome there were a couple small issues we wanted to fit in terms of fit.
My goal is simple. To make the best quality product I possibly can. Sometimes it takes longer than normal.
I am suppose to get samples today so if anyone local is around and is a size 32 give me a buzz.

Best,
Mauro

PS- Shark it's going to be 82 degrees today, FYI.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ You didn't wear a beautiful perfectly crafted sweater made in the USA by WvG to work today, did you? Judas!

AchtungBaby07

Reaction score
The knits look so good that I want one even I don't have a need for it!

I have a pair of the original dandy. I gave it a little taper and I'm loving it!

The amount of attention that Mauro puts into the design and fabric and everything else is just phenomenal! And he is essentially a one man army! So he is doing a bloody smashing job!

On a side note, it's my birthday month Mauro! F*** Yeah!!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
B07- Happy Birthday, I will PM you a code.

JG- No, **** sherlock. Shark lives in the DC area. That's why i said it. Then you had to go out and have another kid instead of spending your hard earned loot on beautiful sweaters hand crafted in the USA. I have two suit fittings this weekend and Mia's soccer game. Let's try to hit up the gun show Sunday and I will bring the Glock , mossberg, and HK.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wore the **** out of my until a friend came over during a party and was to drunk so he took mine dandies. The problem was the little porker was bigger than me and squeezed his fat ass into my pants and popped a couple buttons.
I will sew them back on soon.

Oui oui, digital John.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wine crewneck

Best color depiction.
null-2.jpg

null-1.jpg

null.jpg

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
My office has the AC blasting, it's great sweater weather in here, I'll need to take it off for the drive home.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NICE , BUBBA

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I found out about WvG a few months ago during the sale a while back and got some chinos (awesome, though I probably wouldn't get the justin fit if i had to do it again). I have been sitting paying attention to this thread and waiting for the trousers + sweaters to drop and just debating whether to join the customer loyal program. Well, while I was the debating, the trousers are gone in my size (30), and all the v-necks are gone in my size (small), and I'm crying for being stupid. Apparently, snoozers are losers. So as of 10 minutes ago, I went ahead and signed up for the customer loyalty program. Hopefully I can nab a crewneck in wine before those sell out.**

Hey Mauro, can I get the code for the discount. Plus, October 1 was my birthday, so I'm hoping to get my bday month discount.

Also, what else is coming in soon?

**I'm warning you...I will hunt you down if "steal" the final wine sweaters in small.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will PM you. The crew necks are a little softer in my opinion. Good luck shopping.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sweater is really nice. It's the perfect weight for all year wear if there is a mild summer night. I'm thinking about picking up one more but not sure which color. I always say my newest wvg item is my favorite, but this truly is my favorite item.

Also. I ordered my wvg shirt size and recommend going that route.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore the herringbone chambray in AD yesterday for the first time. That ***** amazing. Incredible hand and weight. I will rotate that in when I am not wearing sweat knickers and a tee shirt. I am waiting for the weather to get cool so I can sport the fall'12 look pieces when I go out. Which leads me to the Holidays. I know it's only October but people start getting busy around Thanksgiving and then its a **** show after that. I need to figure out when I should have my Holiday party this year. Last year the food was so damn good. We had about 10 people over and had a great time. This year I will open it up a little more.
I need to pick put a really good date. Help would be appreciated.
Poppa, you have NO say whats so ever so don't even try to make an attempt.

Best,

Mauro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads