1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I have a khaki twill that's supima cotton made by Kurabo Japan. I just want to get the fit down and after trying the chambray on a lot of people I think I accomplished my goal. Once I receive those pants I will make the khakis. The cool thing about the khakis is they are going to get softer and softer after each wash. Speaking of softer don't sleep on the lavender twill shirt. It to gets softer with each wash. I am looking forward to doing a shirting program with the twill.

2. PoppDRRT

PoppDRRT Senior member

+1

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

4. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

5. msg

msg Senior member

Everyone who didn't vote for the sunshine plaid and the key print, please punch yourself in the face for me.

1 person likes this.
  6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

+, no repeated gingham, seriously???

7. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Checked out some of the upcoming fabric and it's the shit. The hoodies and sweats material is very interesting in a good way; loungewear at it's best. The tee fabric is so soft.
    Excited for the upcoming stuff.

Decided on the fabric for the wedding suit. Mauro was attentive and very gentle while explaining all the options that comes with WvG MTM suiting. I did not feel violated at all.

8. hefner

hefner Well-Known Member

Mauro,
    Is the new linen/cotton indigo shirt using the same fabric as the linen chambray shirt you made last season? Thanks.

9. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

If I remember correctly, that's the supplier's fault and not Mauro's desire to keep the fabric to himself.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

That's not how they do pants. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. Mauro

No, it's not but it's similar. Different color and fabric make up.

. If I posted the poll results you would all be so depressed. I am so happy I did the pre-order poll. It saved my thousands of dollars and heartache. I will be doing a lot more polls so I can get this company on the right tracking making you guys the best possible product. The two best fabric choices were Floral Indigo and Green Ombre.
    I received new bottom weight fabric from a little Italian Mill the focuses on narrow width goods so I can have custom selvage for all me bottoms and shirting if I want. I am impressed with this company.

1 person likes this.
  12. msg

msg Senior member

How many people voted?

13. Mauro

62 people voted out of 350.
    The funny thing is 69 people voted for the floral shirt and only 22 actually wanted it.
    The indigo dobby was the best 42 people voted for it and only 4 actually bought it. SO weird. That fabric is beast too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  14. Mauro

I am trying to get 650 more loyalty members by August/September. It will be tough but I think we can do it . If I have 1,000 getting literally the best fabrics in the world will be easy. It will make being a loyalty member even better!

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

womp womp

its cuz everyone is like ooo sick want, and then you ask for money and sf kids scatter and go silent lol

next poll should just be the real legit commitment poll of "i am buying x in y size"

2 people like this.
  16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I voted on what i liked in the first poll but didnt vote for the second becuse I just cant commit to spending any money right now :(

1 person likes this.
  17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

To be fair, it wasn't clear what the point of the poll was the first time around. A lot of folks, myself included, interpreted it more as seeking general feedback on which of the styles we preferred among the choices presented. It wasn't at all clear the poll was intended to get a sense of what people would want to buy right now. I liked a number of the fabrics but don't really need a half-dozen new casual shirts all at one time . . .

2 people like this.
  18. Mauro

There's nothing wrong with that at all. Saving money s a good thing.

Lawyerdad,
    That's very true. This is why I will start doing more actual per-order. If you really like something great. You will get it. If you are on the fence don't need it you don't have to buy it. it works out for everyone. It controls my spending and allows you to get the things you want for the most part. Having a wider customer base will also help loyalty members get the things they need. The per-orders will be for sweaters, tees, pants, and outerwear.i will always stock basics. This way if you need an amazing white 180's 2 ply you will know its in stock and waiting for you.
    The polls coupled with some new mills I am using will make wolf vs goat special and the quality of the fabrics will not be touched at the price point I offer.

1 person likes this.
  19. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

I would probably end up buying a lot more product if I could see the material in person, but alas, that's not possible. I'm hesitant to buy stuff that I can't tell if I would like the texture/fabric.

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Awesome. I think that's a great plan for those of us in the loyalty plan. Keep up the good work :slayer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.