• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like Mauro said, throw the size charts out the window.

I still stand by my statement. I have tried on all 3 of those shirts, and that's how I feel about them.

Another thing to take into consideration is how high are the arm holes? That completely changes everything, but you can't find that on the size chart.

The best bet is to purchase 2-4 sizes (for example, XS BD AD, S BD AD) and then you'll know for sure. Package what didn't fit nicely and send it back. Poof, done and done. Slightly more cost (extra shipping for return) in exchange for knowing exactly what size you are.

i got my first newsletter and love the shirt collection so far. i know how much you guys hate size charts, but something doesn't make sense or maybe the brand comparison is different depending on the tagged size. let's just compare chest measurements for tagged XS, since that's usually the most critical.
WvG BD XS = 19"
WvG AD XS = 20.5"
Epaulet XS = 18"
i have many epaulet XS shirts and the chest measurement is consistently 18" after cold wash and hang dry. i pre-ordered the camo chambray from brigade, so unfortunately i'll need to get the sizing right without trying either of the shirt fits on. should i just disregard the chart and go with the popular vote of same AD size as epaulet? 2.5" difference in the chest seems huge though. my jacket size is 34S.
does anyone have the measurement across the waist (at 2nd to last button) from BD XS? for epaulet i get ~ 16.5". if BD XS is < 16", then that will be a problem as i'm not *that* skinny.
also, it looks like all the BD XS shirts from the latest release are sold out. f*ck.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Well tbh im really a skinny guy... and i kinda find xs bd fits me the best (dont even need to tailor to make it slimmer or whatsoever..)despite the 19inch ptp whn i usually wear 17.5-18inch ptp

Last edited:

sleu

Reaction score
People and Sheople -
You might want to believe the guy who make the shirts.

Heck yea, msged Mauro my measurements and he gave me recommended WvG sizes and they've been spot on ;)

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gump,

Is there a note on your *******??

New page so here goes-

510kut

Reaction score
Yup Mauro sized me right too. Between my 1 Epaulet shirt and wvg I prefer the wvg bd it just fits me better.

runningfrog

Reaction score

does anyone have the measurement across the waist (at 2nd to last button) from BD XS?

It measures about 17" on mine.

thanks moocow. with 19" ptp and 17" waist, i think BD XS should be fine.

The best bet is to purchase 2-4 sizes (for example, XS BD AD, S BD AD) and then you'll know for sure.

yeah, i wanted to do this (buy both BD and AD in XS for the same shirt), but i just got the newsletter last night and all the XS BD shirts are sold out already.

Mauro - I'll PM you about buying two shirts from an upcoming release for comparison.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mauro is always available for sizing issues and he works with customers on an individual basis. issues with MTM, totes, sizing, discounts, shipping, etc can all be addressed by mauro so listen to the dude. if you get your product and it doesnt fit right or your not 100% happy, send it back and mauro will hook you up. its simple as that guys

those of you who are waiting to try WvG out before buying a tote i understand. take a chance and try a shirt from mauro and you will be a believer!

buy a tote and carry on

edit: btw im a 36 suit and take EVERYTHING in small from mauro (BD)

Last edited:

510kut

Reaction score

mauro is always available for sizing issues and he works with customers on an individual basis. issues with MTM, totes, sizing, discounts, shipping, etc can all be addressed by mauro so listen to the dude. if you get your product and it doesnt fit right or your not 100% happy, send it back and mauro will hook you up. its simple as that guys
those of you who are waiting to try WvG out before buying a tote i understand. take a chance and try a shirt from mauro and you will be a believer!
buy a tote and carry on
edit: btw im a 36 suit and take EVERYTHING in small from mauro (BD)

I ended up buying a tote before buying anything else based on all the comments and besides getting mtm shirts I'm probably only ever going to buy wvg dress shirts.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, as Mauro said, the best bet is to trust him and go with your normal size. If you're unsure about whether to go before dinner or after dinner, throw vanity out the window and consider this: If you can reasonably fit in what should be your size in Thom Browne or Band of Outsiders and it looks like it's supposed to, get before dinner. If you don't have the body of a demigod and want a great fitting slim shirt, with a little more room to move, get after dinner.

When Mauro first started Wolf vs Goat, I bought in immediately. I still have 10+ medium before dinner shirts from back then, perhaps half of the overdye oxfords he made, and both ginghams. I put on some weight after that, and decided to try the after dinner shirt, and god damn it I was ******* hooked. Every single shirt I got from Mauro since then has been a medium AD, and they are my favorite and most comfortable shirts I have. My Thom Browne, Black Fleece, Ralph Lauren Black Label, and Epaulet shirts are all extremely well made and great shirts, but the fact of the matter is they don't fit my body as well as the after dinner shirt and that's all that really matters.

Try on the different cuts. See what looks best, not which size you want to fit the best. And I assure you, you will be happier. Don't sweat the measuring charts, just buy what seems reasonably to be your size in general (you know if you're generally a XS or a medium or whatever). If you're between sizes and you absolutely must have a shirt, buy both and see which one fits better. WvG customer service goes well beyond the industry standard. Mauro aims to please. Listen to the man, listen to your body, believe your mirror, and you'll look ******* great.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all those with the new knickers and own the original and previous release, did you stick to your same size? I know Mauro said they make up somewhere in between the previous blue and grey versions in terms of size so was wondering what some of you have been doing size wise and what you thought about the new fit. Finger is on the trigger so was curious about that.

Tonio-
Every shirt release is available in AD . I still have gingham tencel and funfetti in AD.
The liberty and blue tattersalle are ready in AD.
The navy plaid and seersucker are going to be here in a week or so then it's mint julep and the
5 colors of over dyed Oxford. I will release so linen shirting in a month and it's looking
Really sweet. So fear not I am an AD man myself. The majority of shirts should arrive the last week
Of march.

Awesome news. I like the tencels and funfetti, but I am really liking the navy patriotic plaid and seersucker so I was looking forward to those being released. I'll keep an eye out for that newsletter! So there will be linen shirts, sweet! Any color swatches you can share or at least what colors in the linens we can expect?

seriously the BD shirt is slim. it is slimmer than BoO. it is slimmer than epaulet. I don't really know how else to express how slim it actually is.. the measurements can be deceiving.
ps: wearing my white AD with a thrifted blue blazer, epaulet rudys and cp chukkas to give a presentation today. looks sharp.

As Mauro stated, it's definitely slimmer in the waist and hips which is part of the reason I can't swing the BD unless I size up but then the neck and chest is a bit bigger than I prefer so AD works best for me right now. I'm not sure if it's slimmer than BoO since I wear a medium in BoO and small in WvG, if I wore a small in BoO, I'd be constricted like a mutha f***a. Everyone will have different experiences though. Enough about that though....

sleu

Reaction score
To the people who regularly buy WvG shirts, do you stick to buying only AD or only BD or do you vary depending on fabric/pattern/etc? Just curious

510kut

Reaction score

To the people who regularly buy WvG shirts, do you stick to buying only AD or only BD or do you vary depending on fabric/pattern/etc? Just curious

I like my shirts slimmer and I got a BD I think it fits great so I haven't branched out from that.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

i own both the BD and the AD. i was originally buying the BD, but with the new bigger neck, I find the neck on an XL BD is about half an inch big on me, and the waist is a little to tight to be worn untucked (it fits but it doesn't work well sitting over the back pockets of jeans, etc). i recently got a L AD in the blue and white oxford (pictured above), and will be buying this size from here on out. I sold off most of my BD XLs except the tattersail, which is just too nice (although with the new one coming out..). FWIW, I think the BD is a better dress shirt because of how narrow the hips/waist are.. looks great tucked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads