Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Like Mauro said, throw the size charts out the window.

I still stand by my statement. I have tried on all 3 of those shirts, and that's how I feel about them.

Another thing to take into consideration is how high are the arm holes? That completely changes everything, but you can't find that on the size chart.

The best bet is to purchase 2-4 sizes (for example, XS BD AD, S BD AD) and then you'll know for sure. Package what didn't fit nicely and send it back. Poof, done and done. Slightly more cost (extra shipping for return) in exchange for knowing exactly what size you are.

2. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Well tbh im really a skinny guy... and i kinda find xs bd fits me the best (dont even need to tailor to make it slimmer or whatsoever..)despite the 19inch ptp whn i usually wear 17.5-18inch ptp

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

3. sleu

sleu Senior member

Heck yea, msged Mauro my measurements and he gave me recommended WvG sizes and they've been spot on ;)

4. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior member

yeah, mauro led me in the right direction for sizing. I think it worked out pretty well.

[​IMG]

5. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Gump,

Is there a note on your shitter??

New page so here goes-

[​IMG]

6. 510kut

510kut Senior member

Yup Mauro sized me right too. Between my 1 Epaulet shirt and wvg I prefer the wvg bd it just fits me better.

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

It says "buy more toilet paper"

[​IMG]

8. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

thanks moocow. with 19" ptp and 17" waist, i think BD XS should be fine.

yeah, i wanted to do this (buy both BD and AD in XS for the same shirt), but i just got the newsletter last night and all the XS BD shirts are sold out already.

Mauro - I'll PM you about buying two shirts from an upcoming release for comparison.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

mauro is always available for sizing issues and he works with customers on an individual basis. issues with MTM, totes, sizing, discounts, shipping, etc can all be addressed by mauro so listen to the dude. if you get your product and it doesnt fit right or your not 100% happy, send it back and mauro will hook you up. its simple as that guys

those of you who are waiting to try WvG out before buying a tote i understand. take a chance and try a shirt from mauro and you will be a believer!

buy a tote and carry on

edit: btw im a 36 suit and take EVERYTHING in small from mauro (BD)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

10. 510kut

510kut Senior member

I ended up buying a tote before buying anything else based on all the comments and besides getting mtm shirts I'm probably only ever going to buy wvg dress shirts.

11. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Honestly, as Mauro said, the best bet is to trust him and go with your normal size. If you're unsure about whether to go before dinner or after dinner, throw vanity out the window and consider this: If you can reasonably fit in what should be your size in Thom Browne or Band of Outsiders and it looks like it's supposed to, get before dinner. If you don't have the body of a demigod and want a great fitting slim shirt, with a little more room to move, get after dinner.

When Mauro first started Wolf vs Goat, I bought in immediately. I still have 10+ medium before dinner shirts from back then, perhaps half of the overdye oxfords he made, and both ginghams. I put on some weight after that, and decided to try the after dinner shirt, and god damn it I was FUCKING hooked. Every single shirt I got from Mauro since then has been a medium AD, and they are my favorite and most comfortable shirts I have. My Thom Browne, Black Fleece, Ralph Lauren Black Label, and Epaulet shirts are all extremely well made and great shirts, but the fact of the matter is they don't fit my body as well as the after dinner shirt and that's all that really matters.

Try on the different cuts. See what looks best, not which size you want to fit the best. And I assure you, you will be happier. Don't sweat the measuring charts, just buy what seems reasonably to be your size in general (you know if you're generally a XS or a medium or whatever). If you're between sizes and you absolutely must have a shirt, buy both and see which one fits better. WvG customer service goes well beyond the industry standard. Mauro aims to please. Listen to the man, listen to your body, believe your mirror, and you'll look fucking great.

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

For all those with the new knickers and own the original and previous release, did you stick to your same size? I know Mauro said they make up somewhere in between the previous blue and grey versions in terms of size so was wondering what some of you have been doing size wise and what you thought about the new fit. Finger is on the trigger so was curious about that.

Awesome news. I like the tencels and funfetti, but I am really liking the navy patriotic plaid and seersucker so I was looking forward to those being released. I'll keep an eye out for that newsletter! So there will be linen shirts, sweet! Any color swatches you can share or at least what colors in the linens we can expect?

As Mauro stated, it's definitely slimmer in the waist and hips which is part of the reason I can't swing the BD unless I size up but then the neck and chest is a bit bigger than I prefer so AD works best for me right now. I'm not sure if it's slimmer than BoO since I wear a medium in BoO and small in WvG, if I wore a small in BoO, I'd be constricted like a mutha f***a. Everyone will have different experiences though. Enough about that though....

13. sleu

sleu Senior member

To the people who regularly buy WvG shirts, do you stick to buying only AD or only BD or do you vary depending on fabric/pattern/etc? Just curious

14. 510kut

510kut Senior member

I like my shirts slimmer and I got a BD I think it fits great so I haven't branched out from that.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

i own both the BD and the AD. i was originally buying the BD, but with the new bigger neck, I find the neck on an XL BD is about half an inch big on me, and the waist is a little to tight to be worn untucked (it fits but it doesn't work well sitting over the back pockets of jeans, etc). i recently got a L AD in the blue and white oxford (pictured above), and will be buying this size from here on out. I sold off most of my BD XLs except the tattersail, which is just too nice (although with the new one coming out..). FWIW, I think the BD is a better dress shirt because of how narrow the hips/waist are.. looks great tucked in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.