The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

ill be back in DC next week. ill meet up with mauro and take pics of whatever mauro has in stock and post up with a swiftness

2. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i got my first newsletter and love the shirt collection so far. i know how much you guys hate size charts, but something doesn't make sense or maybe the brand comparison is different depending on the tagged size. let's just compare chest measurements for tagged XS, since that's usually the most critical.

WvG BD XS = 19"
    WvG AD XS = 20.5"
    Epaulet XS = 18"

i have many epaulet XS shirts and the chest measurement is consistently 18" after cold wash and hang dry. i pre-ordered the camo chambray from brigade, so unfortunately i'll need to get the sizing right without trying either of the shirt fits on. should i just disregard the chart and go with the popular vote of same AD size as epaulet? 2.5" difference in the chest seems huge though. my jacket size is 34S.

does anyone have the measurement across the waist (at 2nd to last button) from BD XS? for epaulet i get ~ 16.5". if BD XS is < 16", then that will be a problem as i'm not *that* skinny.

also, it looks like all the BD XS shirts from the latest release are sold out. f*ck.

3. Moocow9

Moocow9 Well-Known Member

It measures about 17" on mine.

4. Samir

Samir Senior member

Any update to this? I know, I know, "get a tote" - but I've never bought a WvG item before and want to take a chance on an oxford, so free shipping would be great - every little bit helps!

5. juhan

juhan Senior member

no free shipping ths time..

maybe mauro will make it happen soon:D

6. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

[​IMG]

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    The new site is up and I will have an option for shipping. I am not even sure I will give free shipping. If you want to buy something to "test" out I am sure I can bend the rules to make a believer out of some. There are multiple retailers that carry my product on this forum. Please go buy from them. They might offer free shipping and or a SF discount. The only discounts I will be giving is for tote holders.
    EVERY tote holder knows the greatness of the tote.

Best,
    Mauro

Frog-
    If you have any questions call, email, or pm me. I will do what I can to make sure you get what you want.

8. Mauro

PLEASE READ THIS

Only because I enjoy confusing the fuck out of you guys. Fits and sizing.

Let's take three shirts

WvG

Epaulet

BoO

It's safe to say these 3 companies make slim fitting shirts. Why is it that the measurements are all different yet fit the same ( so to speak). I will try to explain and then you can tell other people. They will get confused and this post will get lost in translation. People will go back to arguing about sizing issues because that what non- tote holders do, i digress.

WvG - chest or pit to pit on let's say size extra small measures 19 but the overage is +2 +3 +2 ( chest, waist, hips)

Epaulet- measures on an xs 18'' pit to pit but their overage is +3 , +5, +4

BoO - measures on a size 0 ( xs , thank you scott for having to be different ) pit to pit 17.5 but there overage is +5 +4 +5

Who truly has the slimmest shirt? Which companies, if any has taken shrinkage into consideration ?? Are the patterns corrected for each fabric type?
    If you buy an oxford whats the standard you test your garment at? Each roll might be different in shrinkage and that can make a difference from customer to customer.

Back to Math. If you think that if you have a 36 chest and wear 36 inches of fabric around your chest because that's what the shirt measures , please leave now. You will only get more confused and I don't want your head to explode. The over age is the deciding factor and the varies from company to company and factory to factory. I can't speak for Epaulet or Band.I have never seen one of their tech packs but I can assure you that is the HOLY GRAIL you are looking for. Stop looking and trust me on this. No matter if you shop with Epaulet ( great people) , BoO, or WvG their sizing should be consistent and I really strive for that with WvG. There will ALWAYS be shrinkage issues and the occasional hiccup with fit. EVERY brand has it from shit stuff at Wal- Mart to Marni and Lavin. Human error will always be the wild card.
    The point I am really trying to make is STOP figuring out what the size charts mean. They will differ from brand to brand and that's ok. BUY what you think it right even if it's wrong. Return it for another size and carry on.
    If you are a WvG customer and order a wrong size you will always be able to return it for another size. You will always get great customer service and HONEST advice.
    The reason I harp on the tote isn't for the discount( do you think I like losing money). It's for the customer care and loyalty. It's really that simple. Once you buy a couple WvG shirts you KNOW what size you are. If you have questions you KNOW where to get answers. Straight from the horses mouth not someone else's ASS.

The BD shirt is pretty fucking slim. Not in the chest but the waist and hips. I won't lie . I am kinda chunky right now ( for me). I wear the AD because there is a little more room in the waist and hips. If you have a flat tummy and narrow hips go BD. If you have a big chest with a step drop and a flat tummy go BD. If you like to move a little and eat like me go with the AD shirt:) Please note the AD shirt is still a very slim shirt.
    Don't blame a beast ass shirt from any brand that it fits poorly. That's you, not the shirt. Get the shirt that fit correctly. It might not be WvG it might not be Epaulet. You owe yourself to wear what looks best on you. Know your body type and know that if your chest measures 36 on paper you really wear at least a 38 up to a 41, FACT.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

seriously the BD shirt is slim. it is slimmer than BoO. it is slimmer than epaulet. I don't really know how else to express how slim it actually is.. the measurements can be deceiving.

ps: wearing my white AD with a thrifted blue blazer, epaulet rudys and cp chukkas to give a presentation today. looks sharp.

10. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

wearing BD cotton/wool flannel in purple pixie stix today - 8 different women have already tried to have sex with me.

11. sleu

sleu Senior member

only 8?

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

[​IMG]

little big in the waist, but good enough!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  13. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

the number is now up to 10

14. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Mauro speaks the truth here. My chest is 38 inches, but I need a shirt that measures at least 41 in order for it not to pull at the chest. Measurements can be—and often are—deceiving.

15. Mauro

Ben,

That's a good look for you. Will you be up for the Egg Hunt and Potato sack race???

People and Sheople -

You might want to believe the guy who make the shirts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.