The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

okay fuck-- i just tried on my new light blue shirt after a wash and the waist shrunk enough to make it unwearable. mauro, i emailed you about cancelling my new order (unless somehow the 2 new shirts that were released have different waist measurements from the light blue).

it's a shame too because wvg bd shirts were the best fitting shirts for my body until now.

edit: just measured my huckleberry and new light blue which have been washed exactly the same way (cold wash, line dry): the new light blue is exactly an inch slimmer across the last button than the huckleberry. i think your factory fucked up, mauro.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

:shrug: mine seems to fit the same

3. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Someone needs to do real measurements! Maybe a few rogue shirts were cut wrong but others are fine?

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I can check later, comparison to what, the new release tattersalle?

5. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Yes, please.

6. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

i'm getting 19" on the huckleberry and 18" on the new light blue for mediums

7. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

And I'm guessing 19" is what both are supposed to be?

8. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

i think so. i'm gonna try to redo the darts to widen the waist a bit since i can't return the shirt after a wash. will let you guys know how it turns out.

9. jslade

jslade Senior member

I had the exact same problem with my geometric paisley print shirt. It fit fantastically and I wore it around during a trip to Europe for a few days in a row, but after I gave it a cold wash and hang dry, it shrunk so much in the waist that now it's not wearable untucked (too much pulling). It's such a shame, because I love the shirt, but I'm rarely in an environment where it doesn't look weird to be wearing a tucked in shirt.

Really hoping that my incoming BD oxford in a medium doesn't have the same problem. 18" is too slim to wear for me.

10. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

For anyone that owns it (and any of the new shirts), how does the new release tattersalle measure in comparison?

I hope the After Dinner shirts won't be affected...

11. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

again, i'm getting my tailor to redo the darts to widen the waist (or maybe get rid of them altogether if it's still too slim). this could be an option for you to salvage the shirt.

i don't think so. i looked closely at the difference between my two shirts and i noticed that much more fabric has been darted in the new shirt. since the ad cut doesn't have darts at all it shouldn't be a problem...

12. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Thanks for comparing the two shirts, rdgn123.

It sounds like the problem isn't that the shirts were cut too narrow but that the darts were made too large? If this is the case, it shouldn't be too difficult to let them out.

13. Hedges

Hedges Well-Known Member

Got the Brushed Cotton shirt :) Looks too good to pass! Thanks alot guys keep up the good work!

14. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Edward,
    I cancelled your order. I tried on the shirts myself and they fit me fine. I believe that the darts could been bigger taking in more fabric. I know the pattern and the cutter didn't change anything. The oxford and liberty are loose woven fabric which tend to shrink more than broadcloth. You can send me the bill or I will apply a credit to your next order. I apologize for the situation. I think a few rogue shirts could be to blame. I am getting mixed reviews. Some people love the shirts and very few are saying they are to slim. I know the RKD washed his liberty shirt and oxford the shirts were fine.
    For some reason some of the other shirts are over darted they won't shrink like the oxford cloth. The weave on most of the shirts are to dense and shrinkage will not be a factor.

The AD shirt is nothing like the BD shirt. The measurements are different and the fit is different not to mention the AD shirt doesn't have darts.

Again, I will call the factory and see if the darts were made different.

Best,

Mauro

15. wolfvsgoat

wolfvsgoat Senior member

And that's it for the tote advance. Both shirts are now live on the web!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.