• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedges

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the difference of AD and BD?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone please explain the difference of AD and BD?

In short: BD is a very slim cut with back darts. AD is a bit less slim (still slim, but not as slim as the BD) with no back darts and slightly more roomy fit in the sleeves, chest, and waist than the BD.

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved the one said:
BD- before dinner You're slimmer and tighter
AD- after dinner you're a bit bigger and looser, but not by much.

That's my favorite explanation. Who knows if it's actually correct.

Last edited:

Hedges

Reaction score
You need to restock your sizes on the website theres like nothing left!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You need to restock your sizes on the website theres like nothing left!

You're late to the game. They are older styles that have mostly sold through and they are made in limited runs so you need to grab them while you can. The more he keeps selling, the more available size runs in future releases.

Hedges

Reaction score
I wanted to renew my closet of work clothes, wanted to grab bunch of shirts for work. Oh well i guess I will wait when they restock! I see 1 i like but i wanted to grab few at a time lol!

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Maura, great shirt, thanks for shipping it out so quickly.

I might have to exchange for an XS. Current S measures about 20.5", a little looser than expected. And with the neck increase, I might have to size down. What's the sleeve length on XS and how much shrinking can we expect?

Last edited:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gfreeman- have you tried a small AD shirt? You should be a medium in both fits but if you slim down to a small you find a little bit of magic in you life.
#justsayin.

I haven't tried a small AD shirt. I've considered it, but I'm pretty broad-shouldered, and the 18" shoulder of the M fits perfect, as does the length of the sleeves and shirt itself. But I'll wear my red & blue tattersalle shirt a few times in the next few weeks before the new shirts debut so I can give it some thought.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm 5'9 ish and weigh 135-140.. What size would I be in the Before dinner button downs?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shrinkage is the same you could receive 1% to %% total garment, depending on wash. Feel free to try an XS and see what's up. I know I have some left. I think it will be to small.
20.5 is not to far off the mark. Like I said" the cutter could have cut a little less . The shirts are cut all by hand. So that;s a .25 inch per side. The seem allowance could have been less than normal, that could have caused a little extra.
Please note Oxford cloth s a very loose weave and shrinks a little more than other shirtings.
Peoples body's and the fabrics I use are always different so I will never make a truly perfect RTW , no one will. I will see if anything has been changed but I doubt it . I will fill everyone one Monday.

Best,

Mauro

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro-
New oxfords are amazing. Fit, fabric, construction, all of it. Some of your best stuff yet.

maritimetimetime

Reaction score
would you recommend your XS BD shirts for someone who's 5'6.5" with a 34" chest?
considering buying a couple shirts but i wanna make sure first

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mauro. i was just referencing older BD size charts, as this is my first BD. (I have 2 AD). I think older charts list S at 19.5, XS at 18.25, which would be too small.

I'll probably keep it. It looks just like it does on RKD, as we're pretty similar in build. A warm wash or a little drying will probably shrink it just right. The fabric is awesome. I'm inspired to take a macro shot of the collar, will post tomorrow when light is out.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the good words everyone.

maritimetimetime - you wear a 36 shirt. If you wear a 34 shirt your chest is around 32 inches.

gfreeman- you are in the club!

Last edited:

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a charcoal yesterday in AD XL. Instant booty. You keep me looking good Mauro, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics