• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get your chest and neck measured. There are a lot of guys with athletic builds that wear Wolf vs Goat. Some guys are pretty big,Maybe Devin will respond.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have like a 15.75 neck, 42" chest and wear XL in BD if that helps anyone.

WvG button downs are the best OTR for an athletic build I've ever had. Never have to tailor them, it's perfect.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have like a 15.75 neck, 42" chest and wear XL in BD if that helps anyone.
WvG button downs are the best OTR for an athletic build I've ever had. Never have to tailor them, it's perfect.

Yeah, I have a 38" chest and I wear M in the AD cut, and it fits really well! The only thing that's not one hundred is the collar, which is a little big (I have a 15.5 inch neck, and I think the neck on the M is 16), but I don't wear it buttoned often, so it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The older shirts were 15.5 neck. I moved it up to 16 for a few reasons.

A. The average size medium neck for a man is 16 inches , up from 15.5
B. To many people said make those mutha effers bigger , refer to A.
C. I am a medium and a 16 inch neck. I am slim even in my old age.

Gfreeman- have you tried a small AD shirt? You should be a medium in both fits but if you slim down to a small you find a little bit of magic in you life.
#justsayin.

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16.5 neck, 44-46 jacket have to tailor to waist for myself. AD XL works for me. And it looks damn good too.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU I can't wait until the AD versions of these. This brushed-cotton looks insane!

this...
seriously AD is one of the best fitting shirt

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this...
seriously AD is one of the best fitting shirt

I can see this in the smaller sizes. BD is so perfect for guys with big drops though in larger sizes though. The darts look perfect.....

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have slightly smaller measurements than dmash and I wear a large in BD. Works great as he said for people with bigger drops, although I preferred the slightly smaller collar size on the older shirts (but I can see why Mauro bumped it up for most folks). Light blue came in today and it's as sweet as advertised.

Hedges

Reaction score

The older shirts were 15.5 neck. I moved it up to 16 for a few reasons.
A. The average size medium neck for a man is 16 inches , up from 15.5
B. To many people said make those mutha effers bigger , refer to A.
C. I am a medium and a 16 inch neck. I am slim even in my old age.
Gfreeman- have you tried a small AD shirt? You should be a medium in both fits but if you slim down to a small you find a little bit of magic in you life.
#justsayin.

Yea I'm at a 16 neck , 40 chest and waist 32. I guess i am a medium from what you describe! :) Where can i buy online :)

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are a medium in AD and a Large in BD. You can try clicking on the wolf vs goat link below my name or go to www.wolfvsgoat.com
If you live in washington dc check out "Redeem" If you live in Canada ( Toronto) check out Lost&Found, If you live in Seattle Washington check out Blue Owl. I will have 5 to 7 more stores posted by the next week.

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you end up closing the deal to sell at that shop in Newbury in Boston?

Hedges

Reaction score
Sweet i'm in Toronto! Lost and Found it is :) I may shop online, i need to grab me a few of these shirts for work!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro, shot you a PM.

I received the new oxfords and I must say I'm a huge fan of the fabric, the new collar is a great upgrade, and the slightly longer sleeve and body lengths are great as well. It seems that the taper increased slightly from chest to waist though, not sure if that's true or if that's a consistent change going forward, but other than that, great improvements, Mauro. The new fabrics look very nice as well.

I've decided to keep my new medium oxford so if anyone is looking for the size small blue BD oxford that just dropped, get at me ASAP before I send it back for a return. I'm also going to be listing my brand new size small grey BD ashford oxford as well so if you missed out on those two and are looking to add them to your WvG collections, get at me ASAP!

Last edited:

rdgn123

Reaction score
yea the waist is def smaller on my new light blue oxford.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pattern hasn't changed so I will be calling the factory , Monday. The waist on the BD shirt and AD is different. The BD haven't changed. I will look into this.

Thank you for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads