• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chino looking great my man.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much would you say they've stretched in the waist, if at all.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DUDE love the red...

so can i get some clarification?

there was a slight flaw at the pocket (really cant tell haha even after you keep mentioning and im zooming in on those pics) but these are on sale.

you said you are making them again in a couple of weeks ... so those will be "regular" priced" and "fixed" or are you making all new colors?

thanks mauro!!! amazing job!

EDIT: nevermind i saw the page before ...

fosho

Reaction score
The only person that the pocket thing was bad on was me, and that's because I tried wearing them way tight. Even on me, I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm not as meticulous as some. The chinos feel great in person though! I definitely recommend them.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fosho
The only person that the pocket thing was bad on was me, and that's because I tried wearing them way tight. Even on me, I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm not as meticulous as some. The chinos feel great in person though! I definitely recommend them.

What size work comfortably for you and what size do you normally wear in pants/trousers then?

Also (and while we're giving out recommendations), I recommend you get them bad boys on the site ASAP
laugh.gif

Wally

Reaction score
So, I got my hands on a pair of the elusive chinos. The fabric really stands out. Its the perfect weight for spring/summer but heavy enough where I will be able to wear it year round.

The construction is clean and crisp. The only issue is a small amount of bunching by the bottom of the side pocket. This was only noticeable when I tried on a size which was obviously too small. Once I sized up to accommodate my legs and ass the bunching went away. So for those of you who are cyclists or do too many squats in the gym, you should probably think about sizing up one.

I like the fit more than my kmw chinos which are a more traditional higher rise. Also, I noticed on my rrl officer chinos there is a similar bunching by the pockets. I never would have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it just like on these.

For reference, I'm 5'11" 185, 24" at the thigh.

The ones that fit - size 36:
Picture5.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Too small - size 34 (my usual size):
IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

in green - size 34:
IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

construction:
IMG_0735.jpg

Wally

Reaction score
PS
Respect to Mauro for offering these at a discount because of the "flaw." To my untrained eye I never would have noticed any problem if he hadn't pointed it out. These are a steal for the price and I'm not just saying that...its ridiculous that he isn't selling them for as much or more than what the RRL officer chino's go for.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wally
So, I got my hands on a pair of the elusive chinos. The fabric really stands out. Its the perfect weight for spring/summer but heavy enough where I will be able to wear it year round.

The construction is clean and crisp. The only issue is a small amount of bunching by the bottom of the side pocket. This was only noticeable when I tried on a size which was obviously too small. Once I sized up to accommodate my legs and ass the bunching went away. So for those of you who are cyclists or do too many squats in the gym, you should probably think about sizing up one.

I like the fit more than my kmw chinos which are a more traditional higher rise. Also, I noticed on my rrl officer chinos there is a similar bunching by the pockets. I never would have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it just like on these.

For reference, I'm 5'11" 185, 24" at the thigh.

The ones that fit - size 36:
Too small - size 34 (my usual size):

in green - size 34:

construction:

That is completely normal and is an indicator that khaki's and slacks are too small for you.
facepalm.gif

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
Are those going up on the website soon, I might have to order some (I need some non-denim pants).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my eye on the espresso and olive pairs, great job!

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to sound overly cheap, but do the tote discounts still apply to this? Thanks

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So because of my little error I am offering 30% off to all SF memebers and tote holders know the drill.
The "know the drill" phrase is usually a reference to the 20-percent discount, but since we're look at a 30-percent markdown for everyone, I'm not sure what that means here.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
The "know the drill" phrase is usually a reference to the 20-percent discount, but since we're look at a 30-percent markdown for everyone, I'm not sure what that means here.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I believe it's 30%+10% for goat herders.

And Mauro you're an asshole, I don't know how I'm going to pay you back.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
Not to sound overly cheap, but do the tote discounts still apply to this? Thanks

The price for Tote Holders is $116.55.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. I figured it was something along those lines. I'll give the red chinos a whirl at that price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads