• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Jil Sander

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my experience yes, but that’s only across 3 pairs (1 sneaker, 2 boots) since the Meiers took over and one pair of boots before that.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Anyone here has experience with Jil shoes? Is it just totally crappy leather or merely mediocre? Ultimately I care about the design more but just curious.

superpotato

Reaction score
Anyone here has experience with Jil shoes? Is it just totally crappy leather or merely mediocre? Ultimately I care about the design more but just curious.
I only have the + line boots and imho they're pretty good, definitely above mediocre, but below the level of say Ann D and such

At first glance, I thought the leather was mediocre as well, but I have been wearing them in the fall and winter (Canada) for the past two years as my beater boots and they are still going strong

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen, or is anybody selling, a short sleeve Abbott shirt in a 40 or 41?
I’m still hunting but having no luck.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Big bricks

EB636250-C28E-4D77-BFF4-BF27C7D94ABC.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have not handled the fabric but it is a different cut. I had a wool pair.
Overall just a more relaxed fit than the priamo trouser. Longer rise/sort of drop crotch, looser leg and wider opening.

onelaceny

Reaction score
Really liked all the different color combinations for the summer look.
Cotton fabric is just right for summers at any point of the day.

Do check out the link in order to see some winter streetwear outfits. Thanks

blacklight

Reaction score
Stopped by the new Jil pop-up in NYC over the weekend. Really glad to see they've gone ahead with re-establishing physical presence in the U.S, and seems like odds are on the that there'll be a permanent location here based on SA sentiment. Current season prices are astronomical though.

blacklight

Reaction score
Studio Nicholson has something similar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads