• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Jil Sander

happyriverz

Reaction score
Plus is vaguely outdoor-ish and more sporty line.
Yoga mats, water bottles, sweats, board shorts, insulated parkas, performance fabrics etc.
Basically things that don't find the typical Jil aesthetic and are a bit more relaxed, with an outdoor/sports undercurrent.

There is a Jil Plus x Veilance collab next season if that helps tell the intent.

Mainline is classic Jil; minimalist and tailored etc.
I've got a bunch from both and it's all great, even the bougie yoga mat I bought where the Jil logo is about 70% worn off after a month of use. Nobody will even know I paid a 200% markup for a standard yoga mat :(

Thanks for the elaboration -- the confusing part to me is that the retailers never explicitly spell out what is mainline and what is Jil Sander+.

Hasn't stopped me from buying a couple of pieces though: copped a pair of sweat shorts and the giant down parka last winter. I didn't even know they were both Jil Sander+ until I had the pieces in my hands.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe the Trya trouser.
Tyra had the back pocket stitch and was heavy cotton in black/navy or tan.

blacklight

Reaction score
Main concern is really just finding trousers in that exact color pair with a couple tops I have coming in in the ivory color. Not usually a fan of head to toe neutrals but the look is insanely clean. Might just have to settle for the track pants if I can't hunt them down.

Thanks for the elaboration -- the confusing part to me is that the retailers never explicitly spell out what is mainline and what is Jil Sander+.

I've noticed too. I imagine this is due to the Jil buys at multibrand retailers being fairly small so they probably figure the customer is able to discern (assuming they care at all.)

happyriverz

Reaction score
Have we already discussed the fact that the new Jil pricing has become pretty crazy over the past couple of years?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the first season Ssense had Jil and Jil Plus under separate headers. But then it all became mashed. You can kind of tell what is what. Plus has logos and just has a different feel and vibe

cl smooth

Reaction score
Anywhere that stocks Jil in Los Angeles besides union and Dover street?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I got a couple pairs of the Priamo pants.
they’re nice, probably a bit more tapered than I’d like and there’s no drawstring at all so they can slide down a bit if you carry stuff in the pocket.

blacklight

Reaction score
stained.png

Did I destroy my Abbott shirt with garment stains from someone's dress in the rain this weekend or can I get this dry cleaned?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worth trying to dry clean it.
I still really want a short sleeve abbot shirt but yoox sent the wrong size twice and then Sold out. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads