• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~ THE NEW & IMPROVED MiC GUCCI LOAFER THREAD ~

Made in California

Reaction score
I know what you may be thinking: "I liked the old Gucci loafer thread!
butbut.gif
" I know. I understand. But this thread will be better for the following reasons:

• More colors!
  • More branding!
  • Links!
  • Two different design styles!
  • They're drivers!
  • No poll!
  • Custom responses from yours truly
DSW has discounted these driving moccs to where they're basically free at 75% off. Are they koppable? In which color?
  1. Leather Driving Moccasin
  2. Patent Driving Moccasin
Via those links you can see all the colors available. For those of you who do not have the will or the capability to open a link, I've provided a few pictures of some. So yeah, just tell me what you think. Cobalt
40pgpdmcobalt.jpg
Blue, Patent
40pgpdmblue.jpg
Turquoise
40pgpdmturquoise.jpg
Blush
40pgpdmblush.jpg
Grey
40pgpdmgrey.jpg
Light Blue
40pgdmlightblue.jpg
Blue, non-patent
40pgdmblue.jpg

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Were you in the women's department? None of those look like men's shoes. But they are all hideous anyway.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listen, man, I don't care if they are $1. If they're ugly as hell, you don't need them in your wardrobe.

Unless you want to flip them on eBay, where OMG GUCCI!!!

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBugatti
Were you in the women's department? None of those look like men's shoes. But they are all hideous anyway.

+1. Sizes 4-12? These are women's shoes.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But speaking of shopping in the women's department, my fun fact for the day: $4.95 Bamboo knee-high socks in the women's department at Target are OTC men's dress socks as long as you buy colors like gray, brown, and navy.

Made in California

Reaction score
Damn, I didn't think they made driving moccs for women? It's def possible because of the way they organize their site (women's stuff with men's as an afterthought).

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see myself in the purple (last) one.

Goes with gray flannel pants.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Listen, man, I don't care if they are $1. If they're ugly as hell, you don't need them in your wardrobe. Unless you want to flip them on eBay, where OMG GUCCI!!!
I saw someone flip a different pair of loafers from this site on the B&S here a couple weeks ago, so yeah I'm sure it could work.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These look like water shoes that I used to wear in the lake as a kid.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If these didn't say Gucci would you still like them?

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
If these didn't say Gucci would you still like them?
YES, the logo bothers me which is a reason I passed on these shoes earlier in the season (when they were like $200). However, here's how I see it: There seems to be agreement that Sergio Rossi / Gucci's are good quality shoes, so if I can get $400 shoes for $100 I'm willing to settle for less than my ideal (which would be no logo at all). Also, and I am genuinely unsure as to the answer to this question, when will I next get a chance to get light blue drivers like this? Because I definitely want a pair of blue / light blue loafers at some point. Edit: My quip about "more branding" in my OP was a reference to the last pair I posted which had the script in the same spot, but it was less noticeable. The consensus on the last ones was that the branding (black on black imprint) was not offensive.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
Blue, non-patent
40pgdmblue.jpg

These ones aren't too bad, as long as you remove the logo. The rest are all pretty ugly. A moccasin should never be made of patent leather.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
YES, the logo bothers me which is a reason I passed on these shoes earlier in the season (when they were like $200). However, here's how I see it: There seems to be agreement that Sergio Rossi / Gucci's are good quality shoes, so if I can get $400 shoes for $100 I'm willing to settle for less than my ideal (which would be no logo at all). Also, and I am genuinely unsure as to the answer to this question, when will I next get a chance to get light blue drivers like this? Because I definitely want a pair of blue / light blue loafers at some point.

Edit: My quip about "more branding" in my OP was a reference to the last pair I posted which had the script in the same spot, but it was less noticeable. The consensus on the last ones was that the branding (black on black imprint) was not offensive.

Then buy them and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics