The New Dominos Pizza is Great!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Artisan Fan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. x26

x26 Senior member

Delivery must have spiced it up with Personal Touch. Was there extra cost involved?? [​IMG]

2. why

why Senior member

Delivery pizza is a satiation bomb. Gross.

3. David Watts

David Watts Senior member

So many pizza places (not just the big guys) totally neglect the flavor of their crust.

I've never really been able to figure out why.

QFT.

New Haven apizza/pie FTW.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

I've been wondering if the pizza really is better. I was not a Domino's fan, but perhaps I'll give it a try. If the commercials are even remotely true, it sounds pretty good for delivery pizza.

5. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Friend ordered some for the games yesterday. I didn't know they changed anything, because I commented I had no idea Domino's sold garlic pizza since I haven't had it in years. He told me that they changed their sauce and crust -- the whole pizza had a slight sweetness and a mild garlic taste, which wasn't bad. For delivery pizza, it was pretty good.

6. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

When growing up in Virginia, I often ordered Pizza Hut or Dominos and was satisfied. For the last 15 years, I've lived in upstate New York and no longer order Pizza Hut or Dominos. There are so many Mom and Pop pizza joints that are just superior to chain pizza.

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

QFT.

New Haven apizza/pie FTW.

[​IMG]

8. moolala

moolala Senior member

When growing up in Virginia, I often ordered Pizza Hut or Dominos and was satisfied. For the last 15 years, I've lived in upstate New York and no longer order Pizza Hut or Dominos. There are so many Mom and Pop pizza joints that are just superior to chain pizza.

word. i can't stand chain pizza anymore

9. anon

anon Senior member

Definitely a lot better, but it's still not "great"

10. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

wow really? Obvious guy says traditional NY Pizza is better no shit Sherlock Dominos isn't tryng to be Lombardis....I think this idea is a huge FAIL there's nothing wrong with the old Dominos if you're in the mood for that type of pizza. This will not convert the pizza snobs and might piss off the dominos loyals.

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Seriously, are there places in the US that have a Domino's but do not have a Mom & Pop pizza joint?

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Seriously, are there places in the US that have a Domino's but do not have a Mom & Pop pizza joint?

Yes.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

There are places where the latter doesn't deliver, and sometimes the convenience is worth the difference in quality. We have a place here that has some amazing NY style pizza. Unfortunately, they don't deliver, and, because it's downtown, it can be a hassle to deal with getting a slice/pie there. As such, I'm often willing to eat pizza that isn't as good as theirs if it means I can sit at home and have it come to me.

14. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

The area where I now live has no good pizza that I can find as of yet. Lots of shitty chains (some regional chains as well as the large ones). Surprising, because where I'm from it was so easy to find good or at least decent pizza (and this is a much larger metro area).....

15. TEPLimey

TEPLimey Well-Known Member

"The New Dominos Pizza is Great" ?

This must be the unStyleForum