• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Dior Homme with KVA

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats everyones thoughts on this?
Although it his first own collection under the house I dont think that its anything to look at. Hes like a watered down version of Hedi Slimane. I think they need to head towards a new direction now since Hedi's gone. If they really wanted to go towards the direction Hedi was going towards they should of kept him or gotten someone like Taralis. I would of picked up a Belgian such as Ann Dem, Branquinho, Dirk Schonberger, Raf (if he wasnt working for Jil would be my first choice)....

Helmut Lang out of retirement??

KVA isnt going to be too long at Dior I think...

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw MC Hammer in one of the pics.

lowrey

Reaction score
it seems like a very safe and basic collection, I dont know how much time he even had to complete it so I guess this could be blamed on the transition phase. I'm still sort of looking forward to what Kris has to bring to DH, I've liked some parts of his older collections so I sort of like him.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lowrey
it seems like a very safe and basic collection, I dont know how much time he even had to complete it so I guess this could be blamed on the transition phase. I'm still sort of looking forward to what Kris has to bring to DH, I've liked some parts of his older collections so I sort of like him.

Well I think maybe its the transition phase and again you are right about the time and all that. i dont really like KVA's collection. To me hes like hedi slimane but worse off...I would like to see dior heading in a new direction

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
In context those silly pants are being done by other houses as well. The suits presented in this collection were razor sharp and the too-short trousers looked great. It also seems like the transition will encompass building a brand more geared toward young(minded)adults wich I like. No more herion addict inspired clothing, please.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It's not really fair to to judge this collection as KVA had to go 0 to 60 in just over 2 months, which is one of the reasons why it was only a 23 look presentation and not a 45-55 look runway show.

KVA is making the label Christian Dior as opposed to Dior Homme...not a bad thing since Hedi became oh so tired.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a bit of insight.. He's going to bring logos to DH.
The coming collection that he worked on is heavy with logos.
There's a pair of shoes that has "Dior Homme" printed on EACH shoe 5 times.
There's a polo that says "Dior Homme" across the back bottom of the shirt.

I could go on.. it's not looking pretty.
Which is quite sad because i absolutely love most of what Slimane did for DH.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Dior Homme has always had logo and monogamed pieces.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats just said that hes changing it to christian dior. Hedi basically created the brand. I think KVA is going to fail bigtime. I know its unfair to judge his work since he only had two months, but honeslty he hasnt really done much with his own collection. Also, hes obviously a watered down version of Hedi. Barely any Hedi or DH fans like him or his designs. I dont see the relationship lasting too long

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
thats just said that hes changing it to christian dior. Hedi basically created the brand. I think KVA is going to fail bigtime. I know its unfair to judge his work since he only had two months, but honeslty he hasnt really done much with his own collection. Also, hes obviously a watered down version of Hedi. Barely any Hedi or DH fans like him or his designs. I dont see the relationship lasting too long

Also..I think KVA was only chosen because he was Hedi's assistant. It was an easy choice. Its giong to turn into something like Gucci after Tom Ford...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Dior Homme was popular with some people, fashion is fickle. The "new" Christian Dior Homme will become popular with a new set of people. Hedi was operating in the red for most of his career.

kallun

Reaction score
I like it quite a lot despite all negative comments floating around.

IMVHO DH has lately been just the same old skinny streetwear in iterations of Slimanes first collections; nothing new anymore (and (n)umber nine does it better me thinks!)

At least we won´t be seeing Kanye West in Dior by KVA
smile.gif

/TKL

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Just a bit of insight.. He's going to bring logos to DH. The coming collection that he worked on is heavy with logos. There's a pair of shoes that has "Dior Homme" printed on EACH shoe 5 times. There's a polo that says "Dior Homme" across the back bottom of the shirt. I could go on.. it's not looking pretty. Which is quite sad because i absolutely love most of what Slimane did for DH.
Hah seems like DH is becoming the new Prada. Back in its prime, they were about as highly regarded as DH in its glory days, and they too did very high quality tailored clothes that were very lightly branded, some with no branding at all--I have a Prada mainline jacket from several years ago with no logos or labels at all, just an imprint inside one of the inner pockets. A far cry from today where the red stripes or the triangles are all over the place and where the average sneaker have "Prada" printed 6-7 times per shoe etc. I'm sure DH will still produce some great items in the future, but it will just never be like the first 3-4 years when it was a quality conscious designer label rather than a luxury lifestyle brand.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I won't comment on the collection too much as KVA barely had the time to prepare for it. I liked the setting though...

DH as a commercial endeavor will face a sizeable task in the future; to keep the brand credibility they've built in the past while presenting an image that is a departure from the style associated with Slimane, who may bring that touch and the associated credibility to his own new collection. If you look at the DH website you'll notice that they are now using the old Christian Dior logo which I find an interesting choice.

Those that are of the opinion that it is simply about starting anew are sorely mistaken as the company haven't invested that much money and energy, especially through the ramp-up phase that lasted quite a few seasons, to have their brand cachet be appropriated by their now departed star designer. Juggling the new with the old will indeed be the challenge at DH.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but i think hedi was taking it towards a lifestyle luxury brand as well

hedi was instrumental in developing all those leather accessories and ipod and cell phone cases along with toothbrushes and toothpaste holders so you could have dior homme surround your life - he even designed a computer screen saver which is an undulating bar code and then went on to create the men's dior homme skin care line, hell you can even buy the music from dior homme runway shows that he picked out ....

all signs that hedi wanted to make dior homme a luxury lifestyle brand beyond just clothing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads