• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Brooks Brothers

Panama

Reaction score
I’m wracking my memory, and I’ve tried to search this thread, and I’m coming up empty. Earlier in the thread we were discussing dress shirt manufacturers, and it was mentioned that one Chinese company makes m5ost all of the branded shirts sold in the US. It was TAK, or TAG, or something like that. Can anyone help me out?
As well as TAL, there is Esquel, Verde, Smart/Sunrise, Lever, and Lu Thai.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve read it’s common for BB OCBD to shrink in the neck and sleeve when dried, but have any of you ever experienced the length of the shirt tail shrinking?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's some talk about the Garland factory reopening. It may happen next month or in August.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“Cut and sew is a niche occupation. The value of the Garland facility to new company prospects, thus far, is less on the real estate, and more on this niche workforce.”

lol. If you have ever been to Garland and seen that leaky-roofed building on the edge of a tiny decaying town, this would be obvious. The value of that structure, in that place, is less than zero unless skilled people are put in there to run the machines.

I'm very optimistic about the future of this factory. They have talented well-connected management. In the past they were held back by the ponderous dinosaur which was the Brooks Brothers organization.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“Cut and sew is a niche occupation. The value of the Garland facility to new company prospects, thus far, is less on the real estate, and more on this niche workforce.”

lol. If you have ever been to Garland and seen that leaky-roofed building on the edge of a tiny decaying town, this would be obvious. The value of that structure, in that place, is less than zero unless skilled people are put in there to run the machines.

I'm very optimistic about the future of this factory. They have talented well-connected management. In the past they were held back by the ponderous dinosaur which was the Brooks Brothers organization.

Interested to know who they’ll be making clothes for.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe military clothing is where they will survive due to Berry Amendment Compliance. The average American will still continue buy cheap clothes made from 3rd world countries...

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe military clothing is where they will survive due to Berry Amendment Compliance. The average American will still continue buy cheap clothes made from 3rd world countries...

The clothing market is vast and this factory is small. There are buyers for US manufactured clothing items even at premium prices.

Panama

Reaction score
I’ve read it’s common for BB OCBD to shrink in the neck and sleeve when dried, but have any of you ever experienced the length of the shirt tail shrinking?
That's not my experience, and I have non non iron made in USA/China, and non iron made in I think Malaysia. But they are so overpriced compared to the competition, I now stick to Land's End Supima OCBD's.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not my experience, and I have non non iron made in USA/China, and non iron made in I think Malaysia. But they are so overpriced compared to the competition, I now stick to Land's End Supima OCBD's.
I'm talking about the must iron MiUSA OCBD's.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Awali

Reaction score
Any recommendations for undershirts of the same quality to the BB Country Club Mercerized Cotton v-necks? Or better quality?

I am running low on my stock.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads