• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The New Brooks Brothers

pasadena man

Reaction score
I’ve read it’s common for BB OCBD to shrink in the neck and sleeve when dried, but have any of you ever experienced the length of the shirt tail shrinking?
Yes. I have about 10 BB shirts, both non iron and iron. I wash cold and air dry. I have gotten more shrinkage (shoulders, sleeve length, overall length, and particularly chest) from the MiUSA OCBD's than any of my other BB shirts. Interestingly, there seems to be significantly more shrinkage on the blue than the white OCBD.

Panama

Reaction score
Any recommendations for undershirts of the same quality to the BB Country Club Mercerized Cotton v-necks? Or better quality?

I am running low on my stock.

Thanks.
There are lots of European brands that produce luxury cotton v neck under shirts: Oscarlito, Perofil, Hanro, Mey etc.

mebiuspower

Reaction score
I went to the Toronto store today and picked up 2 non-iron shirts. They were 40% off but cost more than when they used to do the 4 shirts for $xxx sale.

The store only had 2 guys working in the men's section and zero customers. They said the Canadian stores were bought by a different company than the US stores but they still order from the US warehouse. They're currently still selling off existing inventory and the all-new lineup (with new suppliers because most of their factories were shut down & sold) will start to be introduced in September.

Store is definitely not what it used to be pre-covid.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sitting at D32 in McCarran, facing a Brooks Brothers, trying desperately to understand how anyone, anywhere, ever thought that made sense. I have seen approximately 1743 bad tattoos, 843 people wearing stretchy clothing in retina-burning fits, and about 13 items of clothing that could possibly have been bought from BB in the last 80 hours in Vegas

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back in the 60's ... before there was a BB in every outpost in America ... before the Internet ... before the proliferation of catalogues ... before there was a Ralph Lauren ... we'd fly to New York in late summer for back to school shopping. Most of that was done at Brooks Brothers. But I have to admit, except for a few basics, I stopped shopping there some years back. I do still have 15 or 20 golden fleece dress shirts (made in the US) ... a few knit shirts ... and even a Greenfield coat or two that I wear from time to time.

EDIT: A cousin is saying we did this in early June. I just associated it with back to school.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sitting at D32 in McCarran, facing a Brooks Brothers, trying desperately to understand how anyone, anywhere, ever thought that made sense. I have seen approximately 1743 bad tattoos, 843 people wearing stretchy clothing in retina-burning fits, and about 13 items of clothing that could possibly have been bought from BB in the last 80 hours in Vegas
that read like a lost excerpt from “Fear and Loathing”!

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jakewalker

Reaction score
I've looked through this thread, but haven't found an answer to this question: When, on earth, are they going to be restocking the BB OCBD? Can't find it in my fit and size -- Madison 17 X 33. It can't be Brooks without that item available 24/7. In the alternative, what have you found to replace it. I was going to try J Press, for instance.

Polo Collar

Reaction score
I've looked through this thread, but haven't found an answer to this question: When, on earth, are they going to be restocking the BB OCBD? Can't find it in my fit and size -- Madison 17 X 33. It can't be Brooks without that item available 24/7. In the alternative, what have you found to replace it. I was going to try J Press, for instance.
Maybe you should try O’Connell's

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.