• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Brooks Brothers

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve read it’s common for BB OCBD to shrink in the neck and sleeve when dried, but have any of you ever experienced the length of the shirt tail shrinking?
Yes. I have about 10 BB shirts, both non iron and iron. I wash cold and air dry. I have gotten more shrinkage (shoulders, sleeve length, overall length, and particularly chest) from the MiUSA OCBD's than any of my other BB shirts. Interestingly, there seems to be significantly more shrinkage on the blue than the white OCBD.

Panama

Reaction score
Any recommendations for undershirts of the same quality to the BB Country Club Mercerized Cotton v-necks? Or better quality?

I am running low on my stock.

Thanks.
There are lots of European brands that produce luxury cotton v neck under shirts: Oscarlito, Perofil, Hanro, Mey etc.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Toronto store today and picked up 2 non-iron shirts. They were 40% off but cost more than when they used to do the 4 shirts for $xxx sale.

The store only had 2 guys working in the men's section and zero customers. They said the Canadian stores were bought by a different company than the US stores but they still order from the US warehouse. They're currently still selling off existing inventory and the all-new lineup (with new suppliers because most of their factories were shut down & sold) will start to be introduced in September.

Store is definitely not what it used to be pre-covid.

物の哀れ

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers 2021:

234770293_875420089998619_2985829609157137005_n.jpg

Ye 2004:

image.jpeg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sitting at D32 in McCarran, facing a Brooks Brothers, trying desperately to understand how anyone, anywhere, ever thought that made sense. I have seen approximately 1743 bad tattoos, 843 people wearing stretchy clothing in retina-burning fits, and about 13 items of clothing that could possibly have been bought from BB in the last 80 hours in Vegas

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back in the 60's ... before there was a BB in every outpost in America ... before the Internet ... before the proliferation of catalogues ... before there was a Ralph Lauren ... we'd fly to New York in late summer for back to school shopping. Most of that was done at Brooks Brothers. But I have to admit, except for a few basics, I stopped shopping there some years back. I do still have 15 or 20 golden fleece dress shirts (made in the US) ... a few knit shirts ... and even a Greenfield coat or two that I wear from time to time.

EDIT: A cousin is saying we did this in early June. I just associated it with back to school.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sitting at D32 in McCarran, facing a Brooks Brothers, trying desperately to understand how anyone, anywhere, ever thought that made sense. I have seen approximately 1743 bad tattoos, 843 people wearing stretchy clothing in retina-burning fits, and about 13 items of clothing that could possibly have been bought from BB in the last 80 hours in Vegas

that read like a lost excerpt from “Fear and Loathing”!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jakewalker

Reaction score
I've looked through this thread, but haven't found an answer to this question: When, on earth, are they going to be restocking the BB OCBD? Can't find it in my fit and size -- Madison 17 X 33. It can't be Brooks without that item available 24/7. In the alternative, what have you found to replace it. I was going to try J Press, for instance.

Polo Collar

Reaction score
I've looked through this thread, but haven't found an answer to this question: When, on earth, are they going to be restocking the BB OCBD? Can't find it in my fit and size -- Madison 17 X 33. It can't be Brooks without that item available 24/7. In the alternative, what have you found to replace it. I was going to try J Press, for instance.
Maybe you should try O’Connell's

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads