• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Bentley Mulsanne

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
patch[1].gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Does anyone commenting in this thread own a Rolls or a Bentley or are you a likely buyer in the next couple of years?
I am not a car guy so I can't imagine being that interested in the design of these cars unless I was going to buy one. But I am wondering whether people comment on the designs of these brands because they are likely buyers or simply because they are into cars and follow cars the way sports fans follow teams (even though they don't play for them and have nothing riding on the outcome, i.e., because it is fun).

For me, I think that's a good analogy. I'm an enthusiast and follow cars the way I follow sports.

You could also equate it to art enthusiasm. I see cars as mechanical art, moving sculptures. In the same way art lovers go to museums to see paintings, I think you can be interested in cars without having to own them. Different strokes...

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
For me, I think that's a good analogy. I'm an enthusiast and follow cars the way I follow sports.

You could also equate it to art enthusiasm. I see cars as mechanical art, moving sculptures. In the same way art lovers go to museums to see paintings, I think you can be interested in cars without having to own them. Different strokes...

+1

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This makes sense to me, even if it doesn't make sense for me.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. I will most likely never own such a car in my life, unfortunately; but I still recognize a well-designed and good-looking motorcar as a sort of artform.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here it is, fresh from my camera at its unveiling at Pebble Beach today: Ahnold was there to talk about how great it is since it is a "Flexfuel" vehicle so rich people can pump ethanol into it and feel good about lining the pockets of corn farmers.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
looks like a fattened up old Rover, and the shoulder line rising in the back just makes it look confused and bloated. The old Arnage was infinitely more handsome for what it was.

hypersonic

Reaction score
The good news is: It's finally unveiled!

The bad news: It's bloody hideous!

97tati.jpg

20k2fph.jpg

aonwph.jpg

mrr0xe.jpg

4jpyxz.jpg

hypersonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Here it is, fresh from my camera at its unveiling at Pebble Beach today:

Ahnold was there to talk about how great it is since it is a "Flexfuel" vehicle so rich people can pump ethanol into it and feel good about lining the pockets of corn farmers.

Roikins,

Lucky guy to be there
smile.gif

...but, please tell me that it looks better in real life
confused.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Here it is, fresh from my camera at its unveiling at Pebble Beach today:

Ahnold was there to talk about how great it is since it is a "Flexfuel" vehicle so rich people can pump ethanol into it and feel good about lining the pockets of corn farmers.

Like the headlights but the fat front air dam really is ugly.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks like that chrysler gangster car.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
Roikins,

Lucky guy to be there
smile.gif

...but, please tell me that it looks better in real life
confused.gif

Sadly, it looks just like it does in the photos. Lots of the vintage class winners were so much better.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. I think it will look good IRL.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Next up are the mod shops to create this look on a 300C body.

V12RR

Reaction score
What a mockery! A brand killer!! It's basically an Arnage tacked onto a Continental Flying Spur Speed and it just doesn't work!
eek.gif

It looks wrong, it looks like some love child between Toyota and Jaguar.
stirpot.gif

The Arnage was a classic design and clearly stood out from the crowd... it had style and real presence - a timeless elegance that could have easily been developed further.

VW have set out and managed to kill Bentley!
censored.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads