• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors. Juan and his wife Margarita founded Capra Leather in 2015; the first project was a hand-stitched laptop sleeve, and since then they’ve added hand-stitching to every piece they design. Capra employs full grain leather that’s locally sourced, and their pieces are lined in suede.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The NEW BALANCE THREAD - Pics, Discussions, Collab Info, etc

thfc91

Reaction score
I'm still on the hunt for the Stussy x NB collab in Cream in 11.5

And I suspect I'll be on the hunt for these for a very long time.

Phullyman

Reaction score
FS: 990v3 9.5 Tried on once last night indoors. Retail + shipping so $220

1EA4E89C-E9C4-4269-A8AC-8F9820224F92.jpeg

sbaiamonte

Reaction score
Anybody know what time New Balance typically releases shoes on their website? I'm trying to snag a pair of the Auralee 2002R's on Friday but can't find any info as to what time they actually release.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Here is my shoe advice: learn your Japanese size. It's the actual length of your foot in millimeters and it will be standard while the US size fluctuates. For example, I am a 10 in NB and 10.5 in Nike. Both are JP 28.5 (or 285). I have been buying more shoes without size advice by sticking to my JP size and it's worked each time (including on some Crockett and Jones).

And your NB size is a 9. NB USA made is TTS. NB asia made is same sizing as Nike (9.5).
People need to stop talking about true to size, brand sizes, etc. You only have sizes in lasts.

IDK how much I trust foot length measurements since, you know, it's not a measurement of a shoe. I'm generally of the opinion that shoe sizing is voodoo, that somebody with the same length and width foot could wear a completely different size in any given last, that trying on shoes is the only consistent option, and that shoes were invented by a trickster god or maybe by fedex for all that sweet return money.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree- learned the hard way- I wear 10.5 in NB models (USA or imported)- theyre all roughly the same for me widthwise, and length difference is trivial. Sizing down half on USA models is too snug and my toes smash the front- best to just try yourself.

Reaction score
auralee 2002re1
9F5B9A5E-A5EC-404F-8388-9DC82CF61E15.jpeg

was honestly torn between the two colorways. really liked the color palette of the white ones, but preferred the materials of the beige, plus they go with more of my wardrobe. ultimately quite happy with my choice

i went with my typical new balance size and they fit nicely (not too snug) with a bit of wiggle room in the toebox. good for walking long distances

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parochialfrequency