• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New "Apprentice" Suit Disasters

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so new season of The Apprentice started last night, and a fresh crop of Satorial Disasters on view:

First we have the first-fired candidate Martin. On his first meeting with Trump, he goes over-acheiver and wears a three-piece. The guy is a complete and total pompous ass and prsenets himself with an air of superiority. Has he never heard of collar stays?
apprentice01.jpg

Later on he inevitably finds himself in the boardroom. Quite possibly the worst outift I have ever seen on someone that was oestensibly dressed for business (mind you, this is supposed to be a job interview and this man is an attorney):

apprentice02.jpg

I understand the local Pizza Hut called and wants their tablecloth back.

Not quite as offensive but instructive, another candidate makes a poor choice of not only wearing a button-down with his business suit, but wearing a button-down with a Windsor Knot:

apprentice03.jpg

Don't these guys know that they are going to be on TV?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
lol, you brought up the same **** I was talking with my chick about as we were watching (esp the Pizza hut shirt)

the boardroom scene has some disasters where a couple fellows had that awful back of suit trying to roll up their neck while they're sitting tragedy going on

overall, it's a good random sampling of typical men who have to wear a suit every day and showing how poorly dressed they are when viewed with a critical eye

Randall (black guy that won last or 2 seasons ago) was a sharp dresser if I remember right. very well put together with good fitting clothes.

bryce330

Reaction score
The pics are not showing up in the OP - do you have links? I would like to see them as I missed the first episode.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
bunch of clowns.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
lol, you brought up the same **** I was talking with my chick about as we were watching (esp the Pizza hut shirt)

the boardroom scene has some disasters where a couple fellows had that awful back of suit trying to roll up their neck while they're sitting tragedy going on

overall, it's a good random sampling of typical men who have to wear a suit every day and showing how poorly dressed they are when viewed with a critical eye

Randall (black guy that won last or 2 seasons ago) was a sharp dresser if I remember right. very well put together with good fitting clothes.

You might want to re-check that Get Smart.
laugh.gif
Randall was a sharp guy but a HORRIBLE dresser. He had too-skinny ties and Ghetto-Fabulous shirts with strange, geometric collars with multiple points. Also favored four-button suits that were decidedly off-the-rack, (and not a good rack at that!) Maybe you are confusing him with a couple of the other African-American guys on the show who were great dressers, particularly Kwame from Season One and Kevin from Season Two?

How about that Hyper-Spaz guy Frank with his tie tied about five inches above his belt buckle?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
**** yer right, I was thinking of Kwame as the sharp dresser....ok ok I seem to recall Randall wearing suits that were too big etc...

Frank is WAAAY too intense, but man he dodged that bullet. It seemed like he was gonna get fired up til the very last second

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to elementary up through high-school with Tim (the third one on the chopping block at the end), and have already e-teased him about how his suit bunched up on his shoulders as he slouched over the table, making him look like a hunchback. Incidentally, my mom never liked Tim, and considered him to be a "sly little fox", so he should go far on that show.

Also, last night was the first time I have ever watched Apprentice, does Donald Trump have some kind of voice-volume-modulation control problem? He seemed to be yelling at all times, even when people were right next to him. What gives?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
I went to elementary up through high-school with Tim (the third one on the chopping block at the end), and have already e-teased him about how his suit bunched up on his shoulders as he slouched over the table, making him look like a hunchback. Incidentally, my mom never liked Tim, and considered him to be a "sly little fox", so he should go far on that show.

Also, last night was the first time I have ever watched Apprentice, does Donald Trump have some kind of voice-volume-modulation control problem? He seemed to be yelling at all times, even when people were right next to him. What gives?

I thought Tim came off as one of the most-impressive, satoricaly and otherwise. We shall see!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the chick who led the winning team was kinda hot...i think her name was Heidi?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I thought Tim came off as one of the most-impressive, satoricaly and otherwise. We shall see!

I was kinda impressed, to be honest. Nothing too adventuresome, but solid. I havent seen him in a couple years, but that french blue shirt was a good color on him. When I knew him, it was all K-Swiss shoes and light-blue GAP jeans. However he is, indeed, a very impressive "accomplisher" type of person. Striaght outta Harvard, he went out to LA and made a mint by starting up an SAT tutoring company whose business model is to charge parents less than Kaplan and pay its tutors more than Kaplan.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I don't understand why you'd want to watch this show in the first place, but that's me.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
The pics are not showing up in the OP - do you have links? I would like to see them as I missed the first episode.

The episode repeats tonight on CNBC and on Friday.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I don't understand why you'd want to watch this show in the first place, but that's me.

seriously. I wouldnt be watchimg if it weren't for the whole childhood-friend factor. That Frank guy was the most repellant person I've encountered in a while, and to hear Ivanka Trump say he was the kind who'd "fit in with our organization" made me wanna punch babies. The personality type that aspires to be in that kind of competition has got to be the most deplorable of the species.

Windsurf

Reaction score
decisions.gif
Originally Posted by MrDaniels

apprentice02.jpg

Don't these guys know that they are going to be on TV?

I wasn't paying attention to the clothes. I was marveling at how these super educated and experienced people could make such poor management choices. It wasn't until the above outfit arrived that I took notice of the clothes.I have to admit that at a certain level I am in awe of Martin's adventuress choices as misguided as it is.
crackup[1].gif

I have watched the earlier years of this show but doubt I will watch this one. If it isn't the over exposure of Trump himself it is his daughter saying over and over how a candidate isn't right for "our" company. Nothing like getting your inheritance claims in early!! Now if she has worked in an important function in the Trump company for many years I would owe her an apology but I suspect the paint is still wet on her Trump business cards. Just too much Trump for my taste. Beside the fact the criteria for winning seems to be who can talk the loudest over everyone else in the boardroom.
censored.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads