• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the fit of the South2 West8 6 pocket flannels? I'm curious if true to size would be good or if their sized a little on the small side?

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the fit of the South2 West8 6 pocket flannels? I'm curious if true to size would be good or if their sized a little on the small side?
I had one, it's a regular fit. I'm a US small but Japanese medium fits just fine.

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tried this S2W8 waxed cotton coach jacket at a loftman store in kyoto japan. Unfortunately they didnt have my size (small) and the medium size was just too baggy/puffy for my liking.

Having trouble finding a store that will send internationally. Wonder if someone on SF is from Japan and may be able to help me out....

Love that jacket! If you're still looking, our service can help you buy and ship the item ;)

There's currently still the S size on the online store here.

If you're new, you can use the code CDCAB78C to get 600JPY (about 6USD) off your first purchase. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or need help using the system!

BROWNSOUND

Reaction score
Love that jacket! If you're still looking, our service can help you buy and ship the item ;)

There's currently still the S size on the online store here.

If you're new, you can use the code CDCAB78C to get 600JPY (about 6USD) off your first purchase. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or need help using the system!
I actually did order through your company. Just learnt Golden Week will delay my order but glad to have found a solution. Thank you!

eddiec

Reaction score
Had a post about some Needles pants I was looking to move on - edited and will put it up later in the B&S forum.

Last edited:

eddiec

Reaction score
This pair. Never worn so still has tags and all.

23-11-2015_needles_stringfatiguepant_olive_amc_m1.jpg

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh ****, I just bought some eg fatigues or these would be ideal.

swagB)

Reaction score
Can someone I.D these pants i dont know what year these are and what collection

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it really cheaper to order Needles from Nepenthes Japan or do they add enough shipping and duties that it works out the same as ordering from Mr. Porter or some other stocklist?

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Needles is sold in Japan at domestic retail and all overseas stockists are meant to adhere to a set RRP. JP domestic is cheaper obviously but domestic JP accounts are generally not meant to ship overseas. Which country you are based in determines how much duties or tax you would pay.
I suspect that you will find that unless you are based in JP, or use a proxy service you will be unable to order from Nepenthes JP.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I suspected it was not going to be that easy to save over a hundred on these things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads